2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
1zlvfwz.jpg

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth: :smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin: :peace: :gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Carmelo Anthony earns EC player of the week honours + Video Highlights

anthony.png

Anthony helped lead the Knicks to a 3-1 mark, averaging a league-best 29.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.3 blocks. Anthony scored over 30 points in two contests. In New York?s 106-99 home victory over the Phoenix Suns on Dec. 2, Anthony scored a game-high 34 points, and added six rebounds, two assists, two blocks and a steal. :peace:

Well deserved! They're some amazing numbers, Melo.

Anything to say about that, Kiyaman?

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Metro. Please keep headline threads active for at least a week. We're talking about bringing posters in from other sites, and having no headline threads makes us look sloppy.

This'll start its own conversation and then it can be thrown in to the pile.

The news and opinion threads look good because they have 400+ replies, but if we leave singular threads as headline topics they'll get more replies and won't be missed out on. Keep the opportunity to get discussion circulating as much as possible. Then, after the thread has lost its pace, I will personally put it in the Melo thread. It can only add more posts to the Melo thread itself, and thus make the thread and the site seem more active.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo is doing things that dont show up on the stat sheet. While LBJ is filling the stat sheet and Durant is the advanced metrics leader in everything Carmelo is doing his talking on the court and thats what MVP's do, I dont need advanced stats to tell me he's a top 5 player and potential league MVP.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Not to be a Debbie Downer here but this means nothing. This **** wasn't around when I was growing up watching the game (and I'm not old). IDK when this started but I feel this is for stat crazed fans and bball players with weak egos. Ewing, Jordan or Clyde wouldn't care about **** like this. All that matters is the end result.

I want a ring and a parade.

Recognition for baby steps is like getting a trophy for 4th place.

image.jpg

The man is balling and deserves respect but this is a long season and we need to keep it moving and get through a tough December.

Last edited:

TCR4CK

Rookie
Love the fact that Melo is getting the respect from the league. But what i love more is the fact that hes still putting up his numbers and those numbers are resulting in Ws.

Know only if the refs would give him his respect and blow the whistle this man gets 1/3 of the calls he should be getting and its getting ridiculous.

Side thought 2k needs to stop playing and upgrade his ass asap a 89 isn't cuttin it for me.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Woodson and Tyson Chandler talked Carmelo out of playing against the Heat after Melo talked all day yesterday about how he was going to play. Tyson wants Melo to sit out against Chicago also.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Woodson and Tyson Chandler talked Carmelo out of playing against the Heat after Melo talked all day yesterday about how he was going to play. Tyson wants Melo to sit out against Chicago also.

Where did you hear that? That's big news for Knicks fans, so please provide a link at all times.