View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

    30 69.77%
  • Durant

    3 6.98%
  • LeBron

    7 16.28%
  • None of the above

    3 6.98%
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222337 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 569

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

  1. #241
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default


  2. #242
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    No homillz but Carmelo looks amazing this year. You can tell he put alotta hard work into his body, I dont know if I've ever seen him look this good. You have to be in GREAT shape to be able to play defense and offense for a full game. He looks ready

  3. #243
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I saw this yesterday. The writer of the article sounds a little biased against Carmelo but if its true then it wasn't the right way for Melo to go about his business.

    At the same time O Antoni is gone and we have 2 new point guards that it takes a week for them to turn the ball over as much as Jeremy Lin did in 1.5 games

    So what sounds like a back handed snake move might prove to be a very good thing for this franchise. Im still not sure if I believe this especially with BSPN being the source. Where hating on the Knicks happens (ESPN would like to think Prokherov and Jay-Z for all the money they've received)(Go NETS!!)(Knicks Suck Ass!!)

  4. #244
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    No homillz but Carmelo looks amazing this year. You can tell he put alotta hard work into his body, I dont know if I've ever seen him look this good. You have to be in GREAT shape to be able to play defense and offense for a full game. He looks ready
    If Melo can bring strong man to man defense this year, he'll be a top 5 candidate for MVP easily. I can't see Melo averaging less than 25 points per game this season, add that with 6 rebounds and 4 assist.

  5. #245
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #246
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Great find, i wish Amare was available for pre-season games, i know him and Melo had a full training camp but i think they need some full 48mins in game action against other teams. I guess everything will work out in the end

  7. #247
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Great find, i wish Amare was available for pre-season games, i know him and Melo had a full training camp but i think they need some full 48mins in game action against other teams. I guess everything will work out in the end
    extreme swag in your sig.

  8. #248
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Great find, i wish Amare was available for pre-season games, i know him and Melo had a full training camp but i think they need some full 48mins in game action against other teams. I guess everything will work out in the end
    STAT is playing this weekend

    p.s. Melo borrowed STAT's jacket in your sig

  9. #249
    Newbie TheScowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think whoever you are, you need to be surrounded by talent to reach the top. Kareem won one early, but struggled for years until Magic arrived. LeBron couldn't get it done until he joined forces with Wade. Even Jordan didn't make the finals until Pippen emerged.

    I see a good parallel between Carmelo and Paul Pierce, because they are both scorers first and foremost. I think they both can handle alpha dog on the offensive end, but Pierce was at his best with KG in the middle (esp. on the defensive end), Allen's outside threat and Rondo orchestrating the offense.

    Can we get that kind of balance with Chandler and our point guards? They are not in that category as far as I can see. The real problem is where Amare fits in. That's the real question.

  10. #250
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheScowl
    I think whoever you are, you need to be surrounded by talent to reach the top. Kareem won one early, but struggled for years until Magic arrived. LeBron couldn't get it done until he joined forces with Wade. Even Jordan didn't make the finals until Pippen emerged.

    I see a good parallel between Carmelo and Paul Pierce, because they are both scorers first and foremost. I think they both can handle alpha dog on the offensive end, but Pierce was at his best with KG in the middle (esp. on the defensive end), Allen's outside threat and Rondo orchestrating the offense.

    Can we get that kind of balance with Chandler and our point guards? They are not in that category as far as I can see. The real problem is where Amare fits in. That's the real question.
    Amare made his name as a primary scorer, same as Melo that's where there will be issues. When alpha dogs get together, one of them has to take a back seat....ala the Celtics. Like you said, Pierce, KG and Allen knew their roles, knew their goals, knew what it was like to be a #1 without much help. They sacrificed their stats for that ring. I think if the PG's, and Woodson gets on board with the notion that Melo is the #1 option in the 4th, they should be able to take off. PG's will run the offense the first 3 quarters, less dependent on Melo saving his legs for the last 5 minutes. We have enough guns out there to save his legs.

  11. #251
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Im glad Carmelo got his way because we will be a better team now.

    Honestly before this season our rosters were imbalanced messes.

    We went into last season with no bench and no guards. Its amazing how much we progressed. This is finally a time where we are well equipped enough to win a series in the playoffs and get a high seed. No more D'Antoni/Lin .500 basketball. We are better than that now.

  12. #252
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Melo is not a leader not because of him being soft or soft spoken but because growing up in B-More you cant just run your mouth at guys and not scruffle or get shot.

    If you notice throughout history most of the inner city stars were either head cases or lacked leadership at all, because their way of life growing up dictated how they communicate with one another.

    If Melo yelled at someone it led to confrontation, so in the NBA he is around grown men and he doesnt understand how to get in someones ass without coming off sounding like he wants to brawl.

    Leadership sometimes is lacking due to your upbringing and not your hesitation to speak up.

  13. #253
    Member BananaSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    wtf is melo doing. stop shooting 3's!

  14. #254
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Melo is not a leader not because of him being soft or soft spoken but because growing up in B-More you cant just run your mouth at guys and not scruffle or get shot.

    If you notice throughout history most of the inner city stars were either head cases or lacked leadership at all, because their way of life growing up dictated how they communicate with one another.

    If Melo yelled at someone it led to confrontation, so in the NBA he is around grown men and he doesnt understand how to get in someones ass without coming off sounding like he wants to brawl.

    Leadership sometimes is lacking due to your upbringing and not your hesitation to speak up.
    I know what you're trying to say, it just sounds very ignorant in this context.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #255
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Melo is not a leader not because of him being soft or soft spoken but because growing up in B-More you cant just run your mouth at guys and not scruffle or get shot.

    If you notice throughout history most of the inner city stars were either head cases or lacked leadership at all, because their way of life growing up dictated how they communicate with one another.

    If Melo yelled at someone it led to confrontation, so in the NBA he is around grown men and he doesnt understand how to get in someones ass without coming off sounding like he wants to brawl.

    Leadership sometimes is lacking due to your upbringing and not your hesitation to speak up.
    Thats an interesting theory, cant say i agree or disagree with this. I guess i gotta think about it more. Why is Carmelo not a leader, and by leader we mean a Kobe, Jordan, Bird, and Bron type.

    I dont think he loves the game enough to be a great leader. I dont think he has the same drive that these other players have, his personality is naturally less intense. And this is not criticism, its reality. The Knicks front office knew what they were getting when they got Melo and sometimes you cant make someone something their not. Thats ultimately up to Carmelo and we will see what he does this year.

    So i guess i dont really agree with your theory Big Apple Sports. Baltimores a very mean place but I think Melo has put all that behind him. He doesnt look like someone thats worried about getting jumped on the court. He seems to laugh at alotta things out there, last night they called a foul on fields when he was guarding Carmelo and I saw Melo laughing after the foul was called. He laughs at little things like this all the time where as i think Kobe and even Lebron are more serious on the court

Similar Threads

  1. 2012-13 JR Smith Player Performance and News Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 334
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2013, 12:11
  2. Replies: 587
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2013, 14:58
  3. 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread
    By FrazierVocab in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: Mar 07, 2013, 10:56
  4. Replies: 127
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2013, 14:47

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •