View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

30 69.77%
  • Durant

3 6.98%
  • LeBron

7 16.28%
  • None of the above

3 6.98%
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 721222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Superstar

The only way melo can get mvp is if he leads the league in scoring and raises his assist numbers. You put his numbers next to lebron durant or Kobe his fall short by a large margin on assists and that is going to hurt him because he doesn't have their star power to influence votes

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Superstar

You have to realize Melo's team is number 1 in the East and the Knicks are really injured. He doesn't have a Wade or Westbrook to rely on as a second option.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo is also shooting lights out from 3pt and he's also playing injured himself he hasn't been 100% and still manages to preform...you may have to take that into consideration.

.455 from 3pt line this season.

But you are right, Melo has to increase his assist numbers and help defense numbers if he wants to close in on the MVP deal.

SF position is strong because Melo is basically ranked 3 behind two players who happen to be top 3 in the NBA, with LeBron and Durant.

The way Melo has come into this season playing efficient but yet still agressive has been epic.

Melo's mind is on another level and you can tell he has his eyes on a NBA title.

Superstar

When Amare comes back I think the points will go down and the assists will go up. At least I hope that's the case.

Default Is Carmelo in your Top 5 right now? (Drop your top 5, 10, 25 or whatever u feel like)

Im about to drop my current top 25

1. Kevin Durant
    2. Lebron James
    3. Carmelo Anthony
    4. Chris Paul
    5. Kobe Bryant
    6. Tim Duncan
    7. Kyrie Irving
    8. Zach Randolph
    9. Steph Curry
    10. Al Horford
    11. James Harden
    12. Kevin Garnett
    13. Tony Parker
    14. Dwight Howard
    15. Josh Smith
    16. Serge Ibaka
    17. Kevin Love
    18. Blake Griff
    19. Rudy Gay
    20. Jrue Holiday
    21. Russell Westbrook
    22. Deron Williams
    23. Dwayne Wade
    24. Varejeo
    25. Tyson Chandler
    26. Jaokim Noah
    27. Chris Bosh

I probably forgot a few players but as u can see I got Melo at #3. So far this year Durant has been amazing. Hes averaging career highs in every category so far except for points and hes a big reason why the Thunder have the best record in the NBA

I got Lebron at #2, I think his supporting cast is not as good this year as some people think it is. For the most part i think Bosh is playing real good and Wade is still a good player even though he continues to slow down. Lebron does alot for that team

The best argument I could see for Melo is if u take him away from us, it'd make it alot tougher for everybody to get their open 3's. And overall hes playing much better defense this year, hes no longer in the liability category. Hes undeniably a MVP candidate, I just think the other two guys are a little better all around.

Kobe at #5 is a little controversial because of the Lakers expectations but they have had all the injuries and two idiot coaches. They probably woulda been better off with the temporary coach they had. I look at it like this, they are right in the playoff hunt. Without Kobe, they might be in the hunt for the #1 pick

After that i didnt put too much thought into it and probably will edit this post later but I also got Chandler at #25. Hes been a man handler.
    Last edited by KingStarbury3; Dec 20, 2012 at 23:20.

Superstar

1.Lebron
    2.Melo
    3.Durant
    4.Paul
    5.Kobe
    6.Westbrook
    7.Duncan
    8.Howard
    9.Parker
    10.Killa Kyrie

Superstar

Wait is this list for who should be the mvp cause my list would be completely different if that's the case

1.Melo
    2.Durant
    3.Lebron
    4.Paul
    5.Duncan
    6.Kobe
    7.Steph Curry
    8.Z-bo
    9.Harden
    10.Horford

Thats a good top 10 Rob Low. Thats two of us already that have Duncan top 10. at Wade

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Wait is this list for who should be the mvp cause my list would be completely different if that's the case

1.Melo
    2.Durant
    3.Lebron
    4.Paul
    5.Duncan
    6.Kobe
    7.Steph Curry
    8.Z-bo
    9.Harden
    10.Horford
    Best players

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Best players
    Then that first one is my list. Wade is turning 31 next month and he's starting to fall off already. I called this like 5 years ago. I think he's gonna retire in 2 or 3 years and Lebron's gonna leave Miami.

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Then that first one is my list. Wade is turning 31 next month and he's starting to fall off already. I called this like 5 years ago. I think he's gonna retire in 2 or 3 years and Lebron's gonna leave Miami.
    I wouldnt be surprised at all. He was confused with Kobe Bryant back when the Heat won the championship but the truth is he never had great basketball skills. He had great athleticism and good skills, now he has good athleticism and good skills. Hes slowed down enough where other guards can stay with him more often and contest his shots, he lacks the creativity and skills that Kobe has.

Smh @ these older basketball players like Kobe, KG, and Duncan lapping Bosh, Wade, and Amare. Those three should be disgusted with themselves

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I wouldnt be surprised at all. He was confused with Kobe Bryant back when the Heat won the championship but the truth is he never had great basketball skills. He had great athleticism and good skills, now he has good athleticism and good skills. Hes slowed down enough where other guards can stay with him more often and contest his shots, he lacks the creativity and skills that Kobe has.

Smh @ these older basketball players like Kobe, KG, and Duncan lapping Bosh, Wade, and Amare. Those three should be disgusted with themselves
    I always laughed at the Kobe comparisons. Kobe came 7 seasons before him and is still better than him at this point smh. He never developed the post game and footwork like Kobe did and his game didn't age well at all. That's why i'm glad Melo doesn't rely too much on athleticism. If he keeps improving his post game and avoids injury he should be around for a long time.

If Marbury still played in the NBA there is no doubt in my mind that he would be in the top of that list.

Carmelo is top 3 with Lebron and Durant finishing ahead of him. If he had Lebron's athleticism he would be competing with Michael Jordan for best basketball player of the past 30 years.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    If Marbury still played in the NBA there is no doubt in my mind that he would be in the top of that list.
    Still can't stop laugh, after read it

Current TOP 5:
    1. James
    2. Durant
    3. Anthony
    4. Bryant
    5. Paul

Originally Posted by knicksin60

Carmelo is top 3 with Lebron and Durant finishing ahead of him. If he had Lebron's athleticism he would be competing with Michael Jordan for best basketball player of the past 30 years.
    Just imagine Marbury on this current Knicks team. He'd fit in better now then when we first got him. I could also see the Nets being a better team if they had Marbury there, they'd be right behind us