2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
Any news and performance updates in the Olympics, Preseason, NBA season and Playoffs goes here. Share and discuss Carmelo all in one spot. (Made to avoid multiple redundant Carmelo threads.

Carmelo struggled against Brazil yesterday. Played against Great Britain this week again. Lets see how he does.

Lets see where everyone stands on Carmelo.

Do you believe Knicks can build around Carmelo Anthony?

Do you believe Carmelo will lead the Knicks out of the first round?

Can Carmelo play with Amare?

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I'm telling you, this guy, he is not about it.

It was all fun and games against Dominican Republic, which is like a very good high school team, no disrespect to DR.

Goes against some Brazil Balls and look what happens.

I don't think the Knicks should have built around Carmelo, but that's what they've done and now we will live with it. I don't think he's a player you build around because he doesn't play two ends of the court, he has to save his donut energy for putting up 50 shots a game.

I saw an interesting post on a very good blog, but I do not remember where this blog is, and this post was discussing "Star" players. The conclusion was that many guys you think are "Stars" are just bums that take a lot of shots. I believe that Melo falls in this category. He is a fugazy star who appears better than he really is because of the number of shots he takes. If you take a lot of shots, you will score a good amount of points, and that's Melo's biggest upside, that's his strength. If that's a guy's strength, then the guy is a bum.

I don't believe he will lead the Knicks out of the First Round unless they meet a really weak team, but they will struggle.

It's funny, guys used to get on MDA because his "system couldn't win a championship", but MDA had 5 times the post-season success that Melo has had. I think it's the Melo system that will not lead us anywhere.

Can Melo play with Amar'e? I think it's been proven that he can't. Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and we are seeing his negative emotions manifest in fire extinguisher punching, twitter name calling, things like that.

A full season, even if it was shortened, plus the 20 or 30 games after the trade, that's plenty of time to see if something will work or not. I'm not buying the "need more time" thing. In reality, you can see if some pairing will work together very quickly. If it hasn't happened, it won't happen.

Paul1355

All Star
Any news and performance updates in the Olympics, Preseason, NBA season and Playoffs goes here. Share and discuss Carmelo all in one spot. (Made to avoid multiple redundant Carmelo threads.

Carmelo struggled against Brazil yesterday. Played against Great Britain this week again. Lets see how he does.

Lets see where everyone stands on Carmelo.

Do you believe Knicks can build around Carmelo Anthony?

Do you believe Carmelo will lead the Knicks out of the first round?

Can Carmelo play with Amare?

We just need a legit PG that can orchestrate an offense while having the ability to draw defenders to him. Our players need a PG.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

It was all fun and games against Dominican Republic, which is like a very good high school team, no disrespect to DR.

I don't think the Knicks should have built around Carmelo, but that's what they've done and now we will live with it. I don't think he's a player you build around because he doesn't play two ends of the court, he has to save his donut energy for putting up 50 shots a game.

I saw an interesting post on a very good blog, but I do not remember where this blog is, and this post was discussing "Star" players. The conclusion was that many guys you think are "Stars" are just bums that take a lot of shots. I believe that Melo falls in this category. He is a fugazy star who appears better than he really is because of the number of shots he takes. If you take a lot of shots, you will score a good amount of points, and that's Melo's biggest upside, that's his strength. If that's a guy's strength, then the guy is a bum.

I don't believe he will lead the Knicks out of the First Round unless they meet a really weak team, but they will struggle.

It's funny, guys used to get on MDA because his "system couldn't win a championship", but MDA had 5 times the post-season success that Melo has had. I think it's the Melo system that will not lead us anywhere.

Can Melo play with Amar'e? I think it's been proven that he can't. Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and we are seeing his negative emotions manifest in fire extinguisher punching, twitter name calling, things like that.

A full season, even if it was shortened, plus the 20 or 30 games after the trade, that's plenty of time to see if something will work or not. I'm not buying the "need more time" thing. In reality, you can see if some pairing will work together very quickly. If it hasn't happened, it won't happen.
:lol: And so it begins

1313214664227.jpg

metrocard

Legend

Quality, strong points made.

Fugazy is a strong word, but at this point of his career, Melo is in fugazy mode. Needs to go Kobe status and lead the Knicks out of the first round atleast.

metrocard

Legend
Sorry guys, I was learning the controls! I made a mess, but fixed it now...I'm learning, and now learned so its all good :lol:

metrocard

Legend
Carmelo vs the Englishman today at 4PM EST, Please UPDATE here for Carmelo's performance today, I won't be available.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I didn't watch the game nor do I know much about GB's team but leading a team of all stars in scoring is always impressive

elcol

Rotation player

Did melo **** your mom, or are you just a closeted homosexual that is fighting off your throbbing passion for him. We should get Starbury in here just to see how really suspect you are..

It's ok. Whatever it is we are here to help you overcome your psychological shortcomings. Even though we are basketball fans, we are human beings that will help you get past this.

There must be some reason you still post here. You even said that you will stop watching, even following basketball, and that you would focus on soccer now that Jeremy Lin is gone. It just makes me wonder why you are still here. You really aren't saying much. You either say "Melo bad" or "Lin good" in all of your posts. It's actually pretty funny though, because most of the time you say those two statements, then put it in to some long ass paragraph that makes no sense in the first place.

I hope you achieve your life goal of becoming a mod in a forum where you aren't interested in the sport or the team. That would make this forum so hilarious haha

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I will say it now - the pressure is ON for Carmelo.

He had a lot of excuses the first year he was here. Billups went down with the injury, Amar'e got hurt, half-season, no time to gel, etc.

He had a lot of excuses the second year too. Amar'e played like ass, no PG, and so on.

But this is the year. Grunwald has covered as many holes in the roster as he possibly could. We didn't have PG play, now we have 2 playmakers. We have a better bench, and good backups for our frontcourt. They're going to get a full training camp and a season that isn't condensed.

If Melo doesn't lead this team to the Conference Finals this year, he will get booed harder than Alex Rodriguez has EVER been. Many fans will still cling to the idea that it was Carmelo who ran Jeremy Lin out of town (not true, it was Dolan and his stupid ass ego, but whatever), and for that reason, if he doesn't play his ass off this year, he's never going to hear the end of it.

Hell, he's already getting crap from everyone as it is.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
I will say it now - the pressure is ON for Carmelo.

He had a lot of excuses the first year he was here. Billups went down with the injury, Amar'e got hurt, half-season, no time to gel, etc.

He had a lot of excuses the second year too. Amar'e played like ass, no PG, and so on.

But this is the year. Grunwald has covered as many holes in the roster as he possibly could. We didn't have PG play, now we have 2 playmakers. We have a better bench, and good backups for our frontcourt. They're going to get a full training camp and a season that isn't condensed.

If Melo doesn't lead this team to the Conference Finals this year, he will get booed harder than Alex Rodriguez has EVER been. Many fans will still cling to the idea that it was Carmelo who ran Jeremy Lin out of town (not true, it was Dolan and his stupid ass ego, but whatever), and for that reason, if he doesn't play his ass off this year, he's never going to hear the end of it.

Hell, he's already getting crap from everyone as it is.
+1
Good post that wasn't lined with negativity, but instead with reality. It's time for Melo to step up and I believe he will. He knows just as much as anyone else does that it's his time. And what I like is he's not only talking the talk, but doing everything he can to walk the walk as far as the offseason goes. Lebron threw the "no rings" monkey off of his back and onto Carmelo's. It's time to make noise, there is no more room for moral victories

Last edited:

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer

any new arguments? you repeat yourself in every thread.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Tried quoting you Wingzero but my browser is messed up. I agree.

Next year will decide everything we have debated on this forum especially the Melo and Lin debate. If the Knicks lose in the first round again next year, there are no excuses and we need to go in with our pitchforks and oust Dolan so we can save our beloved franchise. I like Mark Cuban; I think he would be good.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Do YOU Think Carmelo Anthony is a Championship Caliber Player?

Now that Linsanity has bordered the midnight train to Houston Lets look at our team objectively?
Do You think that Carmelo Anthony is Campionship Caliber player?

So far this is what Carmelo has cost us in our pursuit of the elusive Larry 'O Brian Trophy

YOUNG TALENT In the 13 player deal from hell, we gave up an entire basketball team consisting of Felton, Gallo, Chandler,Mozgov first and second round picks

Ego cost Jeremy Lin a starting PG shot here in NY

THE PHASE OUT OF STAT Since he got here not only has Melo been elevated to to be the teams chief leader but he has phased STAT out of games. STAT was a borderline MVP candidate two years ago and resurrected our franchise from the dull drums of hell. And what does he get in return he gets to play second fiddle when he took the chance to come play for NY first. lIn order for STAT to be effective (defense limited) he has to score too. IN the beginning of the year Melo questioned whether he was taking too many shots and not helping his team. Self-recogniztion that he was being a ball hog.

Now STAT looks like a glorified over-payed role player standing next to MELO when this shouldn't be

COST A COACH HIS JOB It has been well documented that Melo quit on his team because he didn't want D'antoni to be here (regardless the coach was on his way out anyway but the rift couldn't help things)

IS HIS WAY A WINNING FORMULA As demonstrated by the Miami Heat they all sacrificed their ego to play as a team. In the same playoff series, MELO gets his but we still don't win. Will ISO MELO do the same or live on the mantra that team will live or die on the amount of shots he takes. Dictating the overall effectness of the rest of the team. Just because Melo is a prolific scorer does not mean it leads to team wins reference the beginning of our disaster season

In short Melo has got everything he wants now. He is the alpha dog the leader, he got rid of a coach, got rid of the most popular player on the team that was not him. As he put it its "his time" not the team "his"

In my humble opinion we will not win with a one-deminesional prolific scorer at the head of this team. At best MELO should be a #2 option on a championship caliber team with someone else dictating shot distribution and making their teammates overall better and holding them ACCOUNTABLE

I think we will still be in the quest for a championship while he is here but not win unless we trade STAT for a true #1 option