2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Kobe is one of the best defenders of all time at the 2 and the 3. Lebron and Melo are not your typical 3 as everyone knows. They are best with their back to the basket / triple threat because of the options it gives them / stress it puts on the defense. Kobe is 100% right on this.

Kobe Bryant

The guy worked at it too. His length, his IQ. He's right up there with MJ defensively, a little lagging behind Pippen, but his one on one, off ball skills are top notch.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
-Hardest players to defend based on their skills:

Melo,Kobe and then comes Durant

Durant's length helps him too. As for Melo, he is stronger than durant, but durant makes it up with his enthusiasm/hunger.. When durant builds some more muscle, he might easily surpass lebron, that would be scary as fukc!

As for kobe, he has been a hardworking player all of his career, we dont see many skillful players who work on improving themselves everyday like he does. He doesn't have the length of durant nor the body strength of melo, but he makes it up with his will.

-Hardest players to defend based on their bodies:

LeBron and Dirk

Obviously lebron and dirk have skills, but lebron's athleticism helps him a lot. Dirk's length helps him hugely, plus he is skillful enough to shoot the ball without any care about defense due to his length.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think Lebron has more velocity when hes on the fast break with the ball but Melo might be just as strong as him when backing down an opponent. Ive seen some people say even a little stronger. I still think Kobe's right there though too, hes got more moves then any other shooting guard all time. He does have his off nights but he often knows what the defense is gonna do before they know what their gonna do. The way i see it theirs a legit argument for Kobe, Durant, Lebron, and Carmelo for toughest player to guard in the league. But Lebrons the least dangerous from mid range and long range.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo Anthony and Hakeem Olajuwon Workouts

no dying his hardwork and dedication this year, he wants it

smokes

Huge Member
Not really interested in watching 40 minutes of this but it's certainly interesting to a degree... Everything looks so subtle. Also scary to see Melo's pump fake up close and not in the game setting where you can't see as clearly... I seriously thought he was about to do a jumper every time I saw him fake.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Not really interested in watching 40 minutes of this but it's certainly interesting to a degree... Everything looks so subtle. Also scary to see Melo's pump fake up close and not in the game setting where you can't see as clearly... I seriously thought he was about to do a jumper every time I saw him fake.

its a good watch if you're ever trying to kill time. Hakeem understands angles and footwork unlike anyone. I see it when Melo attacks his pauses and continuations are exceptional this year keeping defenders off balance

Red

TYPE-A
If Melo is not the MVP, someone please tell me what more does he have to do? :shrug:

Another 30pt. game, and his importance and leadership is unquestionable.

metrocard

Legend
ESPN is hating so hard on Melo claiming he doesn't deserve MVP.

Melo is by FAR the best player on the best team in the East...that alone gives him the MVP....his only competition right now is Chris Paul and Kevin Durant....but Melo is a top 3 MVP candidate right now. I'll throw in LeBron once the Heat take the #1 seed again.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The only way melo can get mvp is if he leads the league in scoring and raises his assist numbers. You put his numbers next to lebron durant or Kobe his fall short by a large margin on assists and that is going to hurt him because he doesn't have their star power to influence votes

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rob Low

Rotation player
You have to realize Melo's team is number 1 in the East and the Knicks are really injured. He doesn't have a Wade or Westbrook to rely on as a second option.

metrocard

Legend
Melo is also shooting lights out from 3pt and he's also playing injured himself he hasn't been 100% and still manages to preform...you may have to take that into consideration.

.455 from 3pt line this season.

But you are right, Melo has to increase his assist numbers and help defense numbers if he wants to close in on the MVP deal.

SF position is strong because Melo is basically ranked 3 behind two players who happen to be top 3 in the NBA, with LeBron and Durant.

The way Melo has come into this season playing efficient but yet still agressive has been epic.

Melo's mind is on another level and you can tell he has his eyes on a NBA title.

Rob Low

Rotation player
When Amare comes back I think the points will go down and the assists will go up. At least I hope that's the case.

KingCharles34

All Star
Is Carmelo in your Top 5 right now? (Drop your top 5, 10, 25 or whatever u feel like)

Im about to drop my current top 25

1. Kevin Durant
2. Lebron James
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Chris Paul
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Tim Duncan
7. Kyrie Irving
8. Zach Randolph
9. Steph Curry
10. Al Horford
11. James Harden
12. Kevin Garnett
13. Tony Parker
14. Dwight Howard
15. Josh Smith
16. Serge Ibaka
17. Kevin Love
18. Blake Griff
19. Rudy Gay
20. Jrue Holiday
21. Russell Westbrook
22. Deron Williams
23. Dwayne Wade
24. Varejeo
25. Tyson Chandler
26. Jaokim Noah
27. Chris Bosh

I probably forgot a few players but as u can see I got Melo at #3. So far this year Durant has been amazing. Hes averaging career highs in every category so far except for points and hes a big reason why the Thunder have the best record in the NBA

I got Lebron at #2, I think his supporting cast is not as good this year as some people think it is. For the most part i think Bosh is playing real good and Wade is still a good player even though he continues to slow down. Lebron does alot for that team

The best argument I could see for Melo is if u take him away from us, it'd make it alot tougher for everybody to get their open 3's. And overall hes playing much better defense this year, hes no longer in the liability category. Hes undeniably a MVP candidate, I just think the other two guys are a little better all around.

Kobe at #5 is a little controversial because of the Lakers expectations but they have had all the injuries and two idiot coaches. They probably woulda been better off with the temporary coach they had. I look at it like this, they are right in the playoff hunt. Without Kobe, they might be in the hunt for the #1 pick

After that i didnt put too much thought into it and probably will edit this post later but I also got Chandler at #25. Hes been a man handler.

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player
Wait is this list for who should be the mvp cause my list would be completely different if that's the case

1.Melo
2.Durant
3.Lebron
4.Paul
5.Duncan
6.Kobe
7.Steph Curry
8.Z-bo
9.Harden
10.Horford