2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I should elaborate.

I was actually going to start a thread similar to this but call it "The Comprehensive List of Bum **** Melo Has Done So Far in New York"

And the thing guys gotta realize is that players that pull the stunts listed in this thread ARE NOT WINNERS, THEY ARE LITTLE CHILDREN, OR WORSE, BITCHES.

And let me ask you this: IF SOMEONE YOU KNEW HAD A PICTURE OF HIMSELF HANGING ABOVE THE FIREPLACE, would you not think that this guy was a sick, twisted and deeply disturbed maniac??

The massive but fragile ego a man must have to post a pic of himself above the fireplace, in the living room, IS ANOTHER REASON WHY MELO IS NOT A WINNER. Psychology 101, book it, my friends.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
For all he has done to hijack this team i expect nothing less than a ECF appearance anything short of that is FAILURE!

Reactions: pat

KingCharles34

All Star
No player can win a championship by themselves....if u build the right type of team around Melo, the answer is yes.

Its also silly to blame Melo for us not being a championship, theres another player on this team that makes almost the exact same amount of money and is far less productive.

pat

Starter
For all he has done to hijack this team i expect nothing less than a ECF appearance anything short of that is FAILURE!

This, my friend, sums it up perfectly.

No player can win a championship by themselves....if u build the right type of team around Melo, the answer is yes.

Its also silly to blame Melo for us not being a championship, theres another player on this team that makes almost the exact same amount of money and is far less productive.

I wouldn't go as far as drawing a direct causal connection, but Melo's arrival and Stat's decline correlated strongly.

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree with NYK, and I have no opinion on what happened between Dantoni and Melo. I feel like theres no way for me to possibly know, all anyone can really do is hypothesize.

orangeblobman

Rotation player

Hijack is the perfect word. He took the Knicks hostage and Fat Jimmy let him do it because he likes the taste of Melo's nuts in his mouth.

Listen, another example, he calls Lin's offer "ridiculous"? What's that all about? To go against a coworker, a teammate like that?

Think about this, if Melo wanted Lin on this team, Lin would be on this team. Think about it. Something to chew on.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Of course not, Carmelo sucks, gets bounced out the first round and we should trade him for jeremy Lin because Lin had a better stretch with better numbers and he'll lead us to the promise land. The only event Carmelo will be a campionship caliber type player in is the eating contest

Am i doing it right blobman :lol:

but anyway i think he is a championship caliber type player it's just a matter of him being focused and playing smart. I think he has the right pieces surrounding him now, its just a matter of making it work.

Like some of you said anything short of a ECF would be failure IMO. Full training camp, roster basically set, defensive minded coach.

ALL THE EXCUSES ARE OUT THE WINDOW FROM THIS POINT ON.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Hijack is the perfect word. He took the Knicks hostage and Fat Jimmy let him do it because he likes the taste of Melo's nuts in his mouth.

Listen, another example, he calls Lin's offer "ridiculous"? What's that all about? To go against a coworker, a teammate like that?

Think about this, if Melo wanted Lin on this team, Lin would be on this team. Think about it. Something to chew on.

I have never heard of other athletes talk about other athletes pay check because everyone contracts is ridiculous and as long as there are owners that are willing to give out the money that means everyone would make ridiculous money as well.

At the end of the day him and jr bricks should of just kept their opinions to themselves

KingCharles34

All Star
I wouldn't go as far as drawing a direct causal connection, but Melo's arrival and Stat's decline correlated strongly.
From what I recall Stat "got tired" shortly before we made the trade for Melo.

The posters that do believe Amare has declined because of Melo check Amare's game log. Carmelo's knicks debut was Feb 23 vs the Bucks

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/1727/year/2011/amare-stoudemire

Amare's averages month by month

November - 24.6
December - 29.8
January - 25.7
February - 24.3
March - 24.3
April - 20.8

Stat actually missed a game shortly before we got Melo, I think maybe part of him "getting tired" had to do with the fact he was playing through pain. So perhaps injuries slowed Amare down, not Carmelo.

Stat managed to still get a very efficient 28pts and 11rbs in game 1 against Boston in the playoffs, before injuring his back. But thats impressive considering the Celtics defense.

Last year Stat never averaged more then 18ppg in any month. It probably is injuries slowing Stat down more then anything else, something the knicks shoulda taken a better look at before throwin 100 milli at him for 5 years.

This whole "Carmelo slowed down Amare's game" argument is not really anything more then a myth started by the media. Hes not the ball hog that people make him out to be. He gets way too much unfair hate.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
This whole "Carmelo slowed down Amare's game" argument is not really anything more then a myth started by the media. Hes not the ball hog that people make him out to be. He gets way too much unfair hate.

It's absolutely not a myth.

The stats you cite reflect a delayed reaction. Melo wasn't going to throw his fat around immediately after the trade, he's the saintly cherub at that point. But over time, especially over the off-season, his ego starts to erode the established hierarchy and by the time 2011-2012 comes around, Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and Melo is throwing his donut fat and negative emotional energy all over the rest of the squad.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Of course not, Carmelo sucks, gets bounced out the first round and we should trade him for jeremy Lin because Lin had a better stretch with better numbers and he'll lead us to the promise land. The only event Carmelo will be a campionship caliber type player in is the eating contest

Am i doing it right blobman :lol:

but anyway i think he is a championship caliber type player it's just a matter of him being focused and playing smart. I think he has the right pieces surrounding him now, its just a matter of making it work.

Like some of you said anything short of a ECF would be failure IMO. Full training camp, roster basically set, defensive minded coach.

ALL THE EXCUSES ARE OUT THE WINDOW FROM THIS POINT ON.

You're getting there :smokin:lol but I'm glad to read that last sentence, I will hold you to that.

If you ask me, he didn't have any excuses even last season, but this season, absolutely, there is nothing anyone can say to excuse his upcoming failure.

KingCharles34

All Star
It's absolutely not a myth.

The stats you cite reflect a delayed reaction. Melo wasn't going to throw his fat around immediately after the trade, he's the saintly cherub at that point. But over time, especially over the off-season, his ego starts to erode the established hierarchy and by the time 2011-2012 comes around, Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and Melo is throwing his donut fat and negative emotional energy all over the rest of the squad.

If I had a pair of Carmelo's undies I would rub his skid marks on your face

tumblr_m7dxa4wYRx1qbjavto1_400.jpg

WeReady

Benchwarmer
From what I recall Stat "got tired" shortly before we made the trade for Melo.

The posters that do believe Amare has declined because of Melo check Amare's game log. Carmelo's knicks debut was Feb 23 vs the Bucks

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/1727/year/2011/amare-stoudemire

Amare's averages month by month

November - 24.6
December - 29.8
January - 25.7
February - 24.3
March - 24.3
April - 20.8

Stat actually missed a game shortly before we got Melo, I think maybe part of him "getting tired" had to do with the fact he was playing through pain. So perhaps injuries slowed Amare down, not Carmelo.

Stat managed to still get a very efficient 28pts and 11rbs in game 1 against Boston in the playoffs, before injuring his back. But thats impressive considering the Celtics defense.

Last year Stat never averaged more then 18ppg in any month. It probably is injuries slowing Stat down more then anything else, something the knicks shoulda taken a better look at before throwin 100 milli at him for 5 years.

You forget that Billups was on the team at the time so he dictated the shot distribution that made the Melo and Amare pair efficient thats why this year Amare looked pedestrian no one to control the shot distribution and get both equally involved in the offense

KingCharles34

All Star
You forget that Billups was on the team at the time so he dictated the shot distribution that made the Melo and Amare pair efficient thats why this year Amare looked pedestrian no one to control the shot distribution and get both equally involved in the offense

But is it Melo's fault that we didnt have a point guard? Or is he supposed to be Lebron-like and run the team from the SF position?

WeReady

Benchwarmer
But is it Melo's fault that we didnt have a point guard? Or is he supposed to be Lebron-like and run the team from the SF position?

No its not his fault that we didn't have a PG until Feb. Dantoni did want to run his offense through him like Lebron but it failed horribly because he dose not pass often and dose not read defenses well. Because of this we were 8-15 to start one game above the nyets

KingCharles34

All Star
No its not his fault that we didn't have a PG until Feb. Dantoni did want to run his offense through him like Lebron but it failed horribly because he dose not pass often and dose not read defenses well. Because of this we were 8-15 to start one game above the nyets

I do think at times he doesnt read defenses well and at times he doesnt pass often enough but i wouldnt generalize his game like that in my opinion. He did do a nice job of setting his teammates up at times, and in the last 16 games of the season i thought he played as good as he could possibly play

PPG: 29.13
FG% 48.7%
3FG%: 37.3%
RPG: 7.3
APG: 3.38

We went 11-5 during this stretch as he carried us to the playoffs