Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob Low

Rotation player
622444_10151356402679616_2080121486_o.jpg

KingCharles34

All Star
Great work NYK reloaded and Rob Low. Just checkin in here to see how Melo did today but i just noticed they're replaying the game right now.

Did Carmelo get that "When the Grass is cut the snakes will show" tattoo for George Karl? :DeadMelo: if he did :lol::lol:

YUBYq.png

New New York

Quiet Storm
Melo will be in elite class if he gets an NBA Ring

Not Ewing (nuff respect due to the greatest Knick of All Time)
Nor Pippen
Nor Tim Duncan
Nor David Robinson
Nor Shaq
Nor Garnett
Nor Peirce
Nor Kobe
Nor DWade
Nor Barkely
Nor Malone
Nor will Durant ever have the chance to do it
Anthony Davis has a legit shot at it while Chrisitan Latener only flirted with it.
Rip Hamilton turned down an invite in 2004 that would have done it for him
Ray Allen almost but left college a couple years too early to have done it!

That is win an NBA Title Gold Medal and NCAA Championship.

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Drexler

just to name recent accomplishers of this goal.

Melo would even be unique because only he and Magic (I think Magic did) would have won The NCAA in their Freshman season.

Will Melo be able to join this league of extraodinary gentleman?!

He,Anthony Davis and Grant Hill are the only players in the league who realistically have a shot (although Grant's window is closing fast!)

Only Time will tell.

Den318

Benchwarmer
Melo have no shot at an Nba championship the next few years. Do you honestly think the Knicks can beat the Heats then beat the Lakers or OKC in the new few couple of years? Getting out of the 1st round is going to be an accomplishment. :teeth: I am so lonely and sad :(

Melo and all his follower are so ghey!!!!

Last edited:
Melo have no shot at an Nba championship the next few years. Do you honestly think the Knicks can beat the Heats then beat the Lakers or OKC in the new few couple of years? Getting out of the 1st round is going to be an accomplishment. :teeth: I am so lonely and sad :(

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

tumblr_m28vxzfB2j1qhty6mo1_400.jpg

jimkcchief88

All Star
Carmelo Anthony has been a man possessed in the Olympics.

He’s scoring 48.2 points per 48 minutes in the Olympics despite never averaging more than 36.3 points per 48 minutes in any of his nine NBA seasons.

Only one player in NBA history has averaged as many points per 48 minutes in an NBA season as Carmelo is averaging in the Olympics. That was Wilt Chamberlain (49.8) in 1961-62.

He's making over eight 3-pointers per 48 minutes. He's never made as many as two 3-pointers per 48 minutes in an NBA season. The most 3-pointers per 48 minutes in a season in NBA history is 5.3 by J.R. Smith in 2007-08.

Keep in mind the FIBA 3-point line is more than a foot and a half closer than the NBA 3-point line.

But even if Carmelo was playing without a 3-point line and every basket counted as two points, he'd still be averaging 39.9 points per 48 minutes, which would still be more than every player in the NBA last season and 13th-most all-time.

Sure, one can argue the competition in the Olympics doesn't compare to the NBA. But Carmelo is averaging nearly 13 more points per 48 minutes than any other USA player. Every other USA player is around or below their per 48 minutes average from last season.

Why has been Carmelo been so efficient offensively?

He's shooting 53 percent on jump shots, tops of any Olympian with at least 25 attempts.

During the 2011-12 NBA season, he shot 35 percent on jump shots, which ranked 32nd of 37 players with at least 400 attempts.

Similarly, Carmelo has drastically improved on guarded catch-and-shoot jumpers the last couple seasons. His percentage skyrocketed from 29 in 2009-10 to 47 last season, which ranked 5th of the 134 players with at least 50 attempts. Giving extra value to 3-pointers, he had the 3rd-highest effective field-goal percentage of those same 134 players.

Maybe he's shooting so well because he's getting a ton of open shots? Not really. Only 35 percent of his catch-and-shoot jumpers have been unguarded in the Olympics. In the 2011-12 NBA season, more than half of his catch-and-shoot jumpers were unguarded. But he shot just 28 percent on those shots last season, which ranked 194th of 199 players with at least 50 attempts.

Perhaps the real reason Carmelo's been so efficient offensively in the Olympics is because he's scored his points within the flow of the offense. Last season, more than a third of his plays were isolation. He’s been the most efficient isolation player in the Olympics. But only 14 percent of his plays have been isolation.

Instead, more than half of Carmelo's points have come on transition and spot-up plays. Thirty percent of his points have come from catch-and-jumpers in the Olympics, whereas only 12 percent of his points were scored that way last NBA season.

If Carmelo can find easier ways to score other than isolation, the Knicks could reap the benefits of his best NBA season yet.

In the meantime, he and his USA teammates face Spain on Sunday at 10 AM ET with a 14th gold medal in sight.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/49063/melos-improved-jumper-is-golden-for-usa

Nice post; My only problem with it is again with the "MELO-ISO." I say again because "Melo-Iso" is a very OVERUSED term here on KO.COM. So overused I don't even know what it means. So when Pat was with the KNICKS did we not win a chip because of "EWING-Iso???" What about the Lakers and "Kobe-Iso". What about the Sixers and "Barkley-Iso???" So did the Bulls win 6 chips because of "Jordan-Iso???" Do you see my point??? All smart coaches will run their offense THRU THEIR BEST PLAYER, THE #1 OPTION. By game 3 of the playoffs, MELO was the only option. No STAT, no Shump, no BD, No Lin so it was MELO being double and tripled by the entire Heat squad as he was the only major scoring threat. I thought MELO handled it well. But on the USA squad you have to many weapons to sit on MELO. So he could sit outside and jumpshoot. And jumpshoot he did. That's the thing with MELO, he can score facing up, back to the basket, driving, jumpshooting, the whole smash. Melo's offensive game is complete. Sorry to rant but I grow weary of the whole "Melo-Iso" thing. Lebron handles the ball like 80% of the time so I guess the HEAT just won a chip with "Bron-Iso." The Mavs won a chip the year before running "Dirk-Iso." Again, teams run thier offense through thier best player. The key is to get your biggest threat touches. I'm sure with the addition of J-Kidd and crew and a full camp the offense will diversify a bit. But I for one am pretty happy with "Melo-Iso." You win or lose with the ball in the hands of your best player folks, not J R Smith. The great ones relish this role and the praise/criticism that comes along with it:)

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Nice post; My only problem with it is again with the "MELO-ISO." I say again because "Melo-Iso" is a very OVERUSED term here on KO.COM. So overused I don't even know what it means. So when Pat was with the KNICKS did we not win a chip because of "EWING-Iso???" What about the Lakers and "Kobe-Iso". What about the Sixers and "Barkley-Iso???" So did the Bulls win 6 chips because of "Jordan-Iso???" Do you see my point??? All smart coaches will run their offense THRU THEIR BEST PLAYER, THE #1 OPTION. By game 3 of the playoffs, MELO was the only option. No STAT, no Shump, no BD, No Lin so it was MELO being double and tripled by the entire Heat squad as he was the only major scoring threat. I thought MELO handled it well. But on the USA squad you have to many weapons to sit on MELO. So he could sit outside and jumpshoot. And jumpshoot he did. That's the thing with MELO, he can score facing up, back to the basket, driving, jumpshooting, the whole smash. Melo's offensive game is complete. Sorry to rant but I grow weary of the whole "Melo-Iso" thing. Lebron handles the ball like 80% of the time so I guess the HEAT just won a chip with "Bron-Iso." The Mavs won a chip the year before running "Dirk-Iso." Again, teams run thier offense through thier best player. The key is to get your biggest threat touches. I'm sure with the addition of J-Kidd and crew and a full camp the offense will diversify a bit. But I for one am pretty happy with "Melo-Iso." You win or lose with the ball in the hands of your best player folks, not J R Smith. The great ones relish this role and the praise/criticism that comes along with it:)

You would be a moron to not run your offense through your top offensive player. What all the great ones have done is for the first half, feed their teammates, MJ did it with Grant-Cartwright-Kerr-Paxson-Longley. Kobe started to do that when Shaq left. Not only does that keep you rested, but keeps your team in the ball game, focused throughout, sharp. There would be halves where Dirk had 2 points, or 5 points and ended the game with 30. Kidd knows this, they'll run a more free lancing offense where the PG will make the decisions for the first 3 quarters, but once the last 5 minutes kick in and it becomes a possession to possession game, Kidd will make sure Melo gets the ball with one side cleared for him, just like he did with Dirk. Melo will then take what the defense gives him. You won't out smart other teams the last 5 minutes, may the best man that night get the W.