2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2-5 years ago i would've said this is blasphemy but their are literally no PF that can potentially abuse Melo with their back to the basket, muscle or height besides:

Pau Gasol
Kevin Garnett
Kevin Love
Dirk

And we wont have to worry about these guys above because Tyson will guard them. The only team we cant even think about doing this on is the Lakers and Timberwolves because Dwight and Pekovic will chew Melo up.

The rest of the PF's are just utility guys nowadays and are just putback and rebound guys.

The only drawback is Melo isn't a ferocious rebounder enough to keep up some decent rebounding #'s that a typical 4 would. So in essence Melo would be like dirk with a few more assists.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I would love to see Melo play as a PF most of the games, especially when Amare isn't around.

His speed can be a major factor against other PFs. He should never settle for jumpers, he should always penetrate inside, he has the needed moves, over the top speed for a PF and he also happens to love drawing out fouls. We know that opposing PFs make many fouls against the opposing offense, so that would be a plus for us, and it would be a major problem for the opposing team!

Tyson
Melo
Brewer
JR
Felton

This lineup should create havoc!

KingCharles34

All Star
I hate this "getting worn down" argument...I dont really buy into it at all. Either way hes getting worn down, 82 games will wear down anybody.

Even at SF you run into screens set by centers, u have to sometimes chase quicker players around...Carmelo is a big dude, hes in great shape, Im not worried about him getting worn down at all.

Im going with Carmelo at the 4, i mean what else can i say at this point? Men lie, women lie, numbers don't

CA7

Scoring Champ
That game vs Cleveland was STAT's 1st game back and Woodson sat Carmelo and Tyson most of it and let STAT get his beak wet. We lost by like 4,5,6 but if we won that game we play Indiana in the 1st Round and who knows what happens after that

New New York

Quiet Storm
Great Great Thread!!!

Its gonna vary from game to game who should play PF

I think against the Nets Kurt Thomas will do just fine. Kris Humphries is not an offensive threat so that matchup won't kill us and Kurt should be able to get his jumper off of pick and pops with Felton.

We could also start Copeland here because Humprhies will struggle guarding the pick and roll although he is better suited playing with the second unit with Pablo

Starting 5 against Nets
Felton
Brewer
Melo
Thomas
Chandler

The game against the Heat is where we will really miss Stat. and is where we'll have to start Melo

Stat wouldve given us a nice mis-match with him for Shane Battier but Melo works here too especially since Battier will spend most of the night on the perimeter

Starting 5 against Heat
Felton
JR (we gonna need players to help Melo go 1 on 1)
Brewer
Melo
Chandler

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
If we could unload Amare for spare pieces that would be okay rotation minute players i'd take it in a heart beat. If they happened to be another SF or shooting big we'd be legitimate contenders.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
go spill that nonsense to that guy down in south beach....stop bein such ****in homers and realize things for what they are. Melo cannot play the 4 on a regular basis. His whole offseason was dedicated to better conditioning and getting leaner so he can have an advantage at the 3, just like Stat putting on fat/weight/muscle last season before we got tyson because he figured he had to play the 5 at times. melo is leaner, and lighter, you think he can bang down there on a consistent basis? get real. put him down there in late game situations but dont expect him to be your full time 4

Exactly. :afro:

metrocard

Legend
I agree with this because this will keep Melo away from the perimeter and allow him to get hot from close range where he's more accurate, once Melo is hot; him hitting shots from outside range will be flawless.

As oppose to the iso Melo offense with Melo on the top of the perimeter creating a wacky shot.

Wargames

Starter
If he really plays well at the 4 I wonder will the knicks draft a 3 this year then or another back up PG to put behind Kidd and Felton?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
go spill that nonsense to that guy down in south beach....stop bein such ****in homers and realize things for what they are. Melo cannot play the 4 on a regular basis. His whole offseason was dedicated to better conditioning and getting leaner so he can have an advantage at the 3, just like Stat putting on fat/weight/muscle last season before we got tyson because he figured he had to play the 5 at times. melo is leaner, and lighter, you think he can bang down there on a consistent basis? get real. put him down there in late game situations but dont expect him to be your full time 4

907bf43cee6e11e1984522000a1e8b94_6.jpg

Apologize to Melo 5

CA7

Scoring Champ
Do you guys think the organization is trying to push Melo as our leader by having him speak to the crowd before the game and being introduced last in the line up

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Carmelo making a bid to strip Kobe of the Black Mamba moniker so far this season. Looking unstoppable V Philly.