View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

30 69.77%
  • Durant

3 6.98%
  • LeBron

7 16.28%
  • None of the above

3 6.98%
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456782232 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I will say it now - the pressure is ON for Carmelo.

He had a lot of excuses the first year he was here. Billups went down with the injury, Amar'e got hurt, half-season, no time to gel, etc.

He had a lot of excuses the second year too. Amar'e played like ass, no PG, and so on.

But this is the year. Grunwald has covered as many holes in the roster as he possibly could. We didn't have PG play, now we have 2 playmakers. We have a better bench, and good backups for our frontcourt. They're going to get a full training camp and a season that isn't condensed.

If Melo doesn't lead this team to the Conference Finals this year, he will get booed harder than Alex Rodriguez has EVER been. Many fans will still cling to the idea that it was Carmelo who ran Jeremy Lin out of town (not true, it was Dolan and his stupid ass ego, but whatever), and for that reason, if he doesn't play his ass off this year, he's never going to hear the end of it.

Hell, he's already getting crap from everyone as it is.
    +1
    Good post that wasn't lined with negativity, but instead with reality. It's time for Melo to step up and I believe he will. He knows just as much as anyone else does that it's his time. And what I like is he's not only talking the talk, but doing everything he can to walk the walk as far as the offseason goes. Lebron threw the "no rings" monkey off of his back and onto Carmelo's. It's time to make noise, there is no more room for moral victories
    Last edited by Shaunyboy23; Jul 20, 2012 at 05:51. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I'm telling you, this guy, he is not about it.

It was all fun and games against Dominican Republic, which is like a very good high school team, no disrespect to DR.

Goes against some Brazil Balls and look what happens.

I don't think the Knicks should have built around Carmelo, but that's what they've done and now we will live with it. I don't think he's a player you build around because he doesn't play two ends of the court, he has to save his donut energy for putting up 50 shots a game.

I saw an interesting post on a very good blog, but I do not remember where this blog is, and this post was discussing "Star" players. The conclusion was that many guys you think are "Stars" are just bums that take a lot of shots. I believe that Melo falls in this category. He is a fugazy star who appears better than he really is because of the number of shots he takes. If you take a lot of shots, you will score a good amount of points, and that's Melo's biggest upside, that's his strength. If that's a guy's strength, then the guy is a bum.

I don't believe he will lead the Knicks out of the First Round unless they meet a really weak team, but they will struggle.

It's funny, guys used to get on MDA because his "system couldn't win a championship", but MDA had 5 times the post-season success that Melo has had. I think it's the Melo system that will not lead us anywhere.

Can Melo play with Amar'e? I think it's been proven that he can't. Amar'e is a turtle shell of his former self and we are seeing his negative emotions manifest in fire extinguisher punching, twitter name calling, things like that.

A full season, even if it was shortened, plus the 20 or 30 games after the trade, that's plenty of time to see if something will work or not. I'm not buying the "need more time" thing. In reality, you can see if some pairing will work together very quickly. If it hasn't happened, it won't happen.
    any new arguments? you repeat yourself in every thread.

Tried quoting you Wingzero but my browser is messed up. I agree.

Next year will decide everything we have debated on this forum especially the Melo and Lin debate. If the Knicks lose in the first round again next year, there are no excuses and we need to go in with our pitchforks and oust Dolan so we can save our beloved franchise. I like Mark Cuban; I think he would be good.

Default Do YOU Think Carmelo Anthony is a Championship Caliber Player?

Now that Linsanity has bordered the midnight train to Houston Lets look at our team objectively?
    Do You think that Carmelo Anthony is Campionship Caliber player?

So far this is what Carmelo has cost us in our pursuit of the elusive Larry 'O Brian Trophy

YOUNG TALENT In the 13 player deal from hell, we gave up an entire basketball team consisting of Felton, Gallo, Chandler,Mozgov first and second round picks

Ego cost Jeremy Lin a starting PG shot here in NY

THE PHASE OUT OF STAT Since he got here not only has Melo been elevated to to be the teams chief leader but he has phased STAT out of games. STAT was a borderline MVP candidate two years ago and resurrected our franchise from the dull drums of hell. And what does he get in return he gets to play second fiddle when he took the chance to come play for NY first. lIn order for STAT to be effective (defense limited) he has to score too. IN the beginning of the year Melo questioned whether he was taking too many shots and not helping his team. Self-recogniztion that he was being a ball hog.

Now STAT looks like a glorified over-payed role player standing next to MELO when this shouldn't be

COST A COACH HIS JOB It has been well documented that Melo quit on his team because he didn't want D'antoni to be here (regardless the coach was on his way out anyway but the rift couldn't help things)

IS HIS WAY A WINNING FORMULA As demonstrated by the Miami Heat they all sacrificed their ego to play as a team. In the same playoff series, MELO gets his but we still don't win. Will ISO MELO do the same or live on the mantra that team will live or die on the amount of shots he takes. Dictating the overall effectness of the rest of the team. Just because Melo is a prolific scorer does not mean it leads to team wins reference the beginning of our disaster season

In short Melo has got everything he wants now. He is the alpha dog the leader, he got rid of a coach, got rid of the most popular player on the team that was not him. As he put it its "his time" not the team "his"

In my humble opinion we will not win with a one-deminesional prolific scorer at the head of this team. At best MELO should be a #2 option on a championship caliber team with someone else dictating shot distribution and making their teammates overall better and holding them ACCOUNTABLE

I think we will still be in the quest for a championship while he is here but not win unless we trade STAT for a true #1 option

F*** no he's not a championship caliber player.

This is orangeblobmans dream thread, lets go man post what you've posted millions of times on this forum.

I should elaborate.

I was actually going to start a thread similar to this but call it "The Comprehensive List of Bum **** Melo Has Done So Far in New York"

And the thing guys gotta realize is that players that pull the stunts listed in this thread ARE NOT WINNERS, THEY ARE LITTLE CHILDREN, OR WORSE, BITCHES.

And let me ask you this: IF SOMEONE YOU KNEW HAD A PICTURE OF HIMSELF HANGING ABOVE THE FIREPLACE, would you not think that this guy was a sick, twisted and deeply disturbed maniac??

The massive but fragile ego a man must have to post a pic of himself above the fireplace, in the living room, IS ANOTHER REASON WHY MELO IS NOT A WINNER. Psychology 101, book it, my friends.

For all he has done to hijack this team i expect nothing less than a ECF appearance anything short of that is FAILURE!

No player can win a championship by themselves....if u build the right type of team around Melo, the answer is yes.

Its also silly to blame Melo for us not being a championship, theres another player on this team that makes almost the exact same amount of money and is far less productive.

Originally Posted by WeReady
    For all he has done to hijack this team i expect nothing less than a ECF appearance anything short of that is FAILURE!
    This, my friend, sums it up perfectly.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    No player can win a championship by themselves....if u build the right type of team around Melo, the answer is yes.

Its also silly to blame Melo for us not being a championship, theres another player on this team that makes almost the exact same amount of money and is far less productive.
    I wouldn't go as far as drawing a direct causal connection, but Melo's arrival and Stat's decline correlated strongly.

Shouldn't this be in the Carmelo Anthony sticky thread?

yes .

I agree with NYK, and I have no opinion on what happened between Dantoni and Melo. I feel like theres no way for me to possibly know, all anyone can really do is hypothesize.

Originally Posted by WeReady
    Hijack is the perfect word. He took the Knicks hostage and Fat Jimmy let him do it because he likes the taste of Melo's nuts in his mouth.

Listen, another example, he calls Lin's offer "ridiculous"? What's that all about? To go against a coworker, a teammate like that?

Think about this, if Melo wanted Lin on this team, Lin would be on this team. Think about it. Something to chew on.

Of course not, Carmelo sucks, gets bounced out the first round and we should trade him for jeremy Lin because Lin had a better stretch with better numbers and he'll lead us to the promise land. The only event Carmelo will be a campionship caliber type player in is the eating contest

Am i doing it right blobman

but anyway i think he is a championship caliber type player it's just a matter of him being focused and playing smart. I think he has the right pieces surrounding him now, its just a matter of making it work.

Like some of you said anything short of a ECF would be failure IMO. Full training camp, roster basically set, defensive minded coach.

ALL THE EXCUSES ARE OUT THE WINDOW FROM THIS POINT ON.