View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the MVP?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo

30 69.77%
  • Durant

3 6.98%
  • LeBron

7 16.28%
  • None of the above

3 6.98%
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 519202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Nice, i notice the Denver area voted for LBJ, Ha, ha.
    Uhh...what?

Superstar

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Uhh...what?
    My bad it's early that's oregon.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    My bad it's early that's oregon.
    I was gonna say...LOL.

Probably a bunch of Nike execs in Oregon voting for LBJ

Superstar

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I was gonna say...LOL.

Probably a bunch of Nike execs in Oregon voting for LBJ
    It would make sense...LOL.

Announcement Is Melo the NBA MVP?

MVP + DPOY = ?

Five reasons the Knicks are 16-5 (espn.com)

MELO MAKEOVER: It starts, of course, with Carmelo.

Here's all you need to know about how Anthony's playing these days: he had a season-high 45 points in the Knicks' win over the Nets on Tuesday, but on New York's last possession, he gave the ball up, which led to Jason Kidd's game-winning three-pointer.

That play signifies Anthony's trust in his teammates and his shift in mindset this season. In year's past, maybe he dribbles out the shot clock and forces a bad shot. So far, we haven't seen that version of Anthony this year.

Carmelo Anthony has been a major part of the Knicks' 16-5 start.

His true shooting percentage -- a measure that includes free throws and 3-pointers -- is a career-high .583 and he's averaging a full three-throw attempt more than he took last season. This is a sign that he's not forcing bad shots and being more aggressive in getting to the rim.

While much has been made of his defense, the advanced metrics don't reflect an improvement. But you can tell that Anthony has often given an honest day's effort on the defensive end and he's sacrificed his body on several occasions in an effort to extend a Knicks' possession.
    Monster night by Knicks' Carmelo prompts MVP talk (nypost.com)

They came back because Carmelo Anthony had one of those games an extraordinary player has to have every now and again, a reminder that when a team happens to have the best guy on the court, no deficit is insurmountable, no chasm too steep. He scored 45 points, shot 15-for-24, refused to let the Knicks lose.

“He’s the MVP, guys,” Woodson said, and he wasn’t the only one tossing those three letters around when the night was done.

“That’s why he’s the MVP,”
    Tyson Chandler said. “This is a game we lose if we don’t have Melo. I didn’t do anything tonight, Ray [Felton] didn’t do anything tonight, nobody did … but we had one guy to carry the load.”

Chandler shook his head.

“When he plays like that,” he said, “he’s second to none.”

Woodson: “Sometimes, I think he’s misread. He wants to win in the worst way.”

Anthony has been saying it for years. Across 21 games he has done quite a bit more than that. Ask the Nets. Ask the Knicks. Ask Barclays Center. Maybe it’s too early to declare anyone an MVP. But it’s never too early to nominate one.
    MELO MVP?

Right now, I'd say it'd have to be for sure.

Best player on the team with the best record = MVP

Superstar

Hes tied with Chris Paul imo

Lebron is the best all round player in the league but unless the Heat push the 65+ win mark and Durant goes cold he won't get it again.

Melo's biggest threat is Durant, who while under the radar will be just a good a chance as Melo. If Amare assimilates well and becomes basically a glorified role player and doesn't effect the team flow i'd say Melo has a great chance of getting it if we push the 58-60 win barrier.

So far it's been Durant. I think it will stay that way OKC plays in much tougher conference and they look like they'll finish with better record than Knicks.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Red, you dog...I love how you put the option for people to view who voted. Who ever voted for LeBron will be lynched on here lol.

Default Kobe: Melo is the NBA's toughest cover

Code:
    To [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is the toughest cover in the NBA. Tougher, even, than [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Still too early to tell, but so far so good. I like Melo's chances. Two factors that will be huge for his chances of winning the award:

(1) The team's record. If we finish with the best record in the NBA (or close to it), he'll have a 70%-80% chance of winning it.

(2) Big performances against playoff bound teams/rivals like Miami and the Nets. Again, so far so good, he dropped 35 and 45 on the Nets, and lit up Miami in our season opener.

I hope he wins it.. has there ever been a Knick who won the MVP award? His status as a Knick will skyrocket up there with Ewing and CLyde if he ever wins it. Go Melo! Go Knicks!!!
    Last edited by MeloforMayor; Dec 13, 2012 at 09:33.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Still too early to tell, but so far so good. I like Melo's chances. Two factors that will be huge for his chances of winning the award:

(1) Th team's record. If we finish with the best record in the NBA (or close to it), he'll have a 70%-80% chance of winning it.

(2) Big performances against playoff bound teams/rivals like Miami and the Nets. Again, so far so good, he dropped 35 and 45 on the Nets, and lit up Miami in our season opener.

I hope he wins it.. has there ever been a Knicks who won the MVP award? His status as a Knick will skyrocket up there with Ewing and CLyde if he ever wins it. Go Melo! Go Knicks!!!
    Willis Reed is the only Knick to win MVP.

If we finish with the best record coach will be Coach of the Year. Only Holzman and Riley got that.

Still to early in the season to decide.

Carmelo is playing like a MVP as of right now

Durant is playing at MVP level he's turned his game up a notch, with the departure of harden

Lebron as usual is having a MVP season as well

Hell even tim duncan is putting in work at MVP level right now

If i had to give out a MVP award right now i'd probably give it to Melo... think about it for second

Durant currently has Westbrook a second guy teams have to look out for

Lebron currently has Bosh & Wade 2 other guys teams have to look out for

Melo is a MAJOR target every night currently due to our second best player Amare being injured and melo is still putting up numbers, carrying this team, playing extended minutes, diving on the floor for loose balls and having 30 point games against some good teams.. thats impressive IMO. Melo is on a mission this season
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:55.