2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiyaman

Legend
The All-Star ballot is over for starters/reserve, so now Felton suspension is lifted to play .. nice coincidence.
The 25-14 record Knicks are 8-9 in the last 17 games, by performing the last 17 games like lastseason ISO-Melo Knicks.
The big question maybe will Dolan's Goldenboy Melo let coach Woodson run some offensive-plays for Felton, Shump, Novak, and Stat to get TEAM wins, since the All-Star balloting are over? or will ISO-Melo rule the offense to keep averaging Kobe's 29 points per game??????

deamon

Benchwarmer
Lately he's like Bryant, has to attempt 30 shots, even with <30 FG%. Why not pass to Amare and some open teammate, and have 10+ assists, when your shot is bad this day?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo should come off the bench tonight, limited to ~20 minutes he'd learn he has to 100% effort game in and game out.

metrocard

Legend
Melo should come off the bench tonight, limited to ~20 minutes he'd learn he has to 100% effort game in and game out.

Pretty much disappointed with Melo and JR Smith right now. Their poor shooting is inexcusable...if the jumpshot ain't working, these guys have the unstoppable ability to take it to the baja. Settling for jumpers has made our offense weak and soft. Melo and JR need to slash more and shoot 2nd. Their shooting % has been dreadful.

Melo is shooting 40% this month.

Lets give him credit, he is averaging 4.5 assist.
If he can keep his assist total to 4-5 and shooting over 47%, then thats exactly what we need to stay as an elite team in the East.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm ready to trade Melo & JR on the Feb. trading-deadline ....
We have enough experience veterans to win the Atlantic Division Title without Melo & JR on the roster.
Lastseason, if it wasnt for Melo injury we wouldve never seen Shump's skills, Novak's skills, or how to get double diget scoring from Tyson Chandler. Or did we forget Baron Davis quick recovery the week of Melo injury.
Did we ever need JR on the Knicks? HELL-NO! we didnt need him then and we dont need him now.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^^^

I have to agree with Amare For Pres. Jesus Kiya have you been watching the same team we all have this season. Melo is a legit MVP candidate and JR has been one of the best producing players off the bench in the NBA all season.

Have to smh at you lol

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I'm ready to trade Melo & JR on the Feb. trading-deadline ....
We have enough experience veterans to win the Atlantic Division Title without Melo & JR on the roster.
Lastseason, if it wasnt for Melo injury we wouldve never seen Shump's skills, Novak's skills, or how to get double diget scoring from Tyson Chandler. Or did we forget Baron Davis quick recovery the week of Melo injury.
Did we ever need JR on the Knicks? HELL-NO! we didnt need him then and we dont need him now.

all your rep power should be revoked..... ok kiyaman for who? and you dont even need to use the trade machine, just a rational trade scenerio. please answer

metrocard

Legend
You guys underrate Kiyaman. He's the oldest Knicks fan here and has followed this team longer than any of us. His views aren't deluded, he normally tend to sees things outside the box. Don't overlook his post.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You guys underrate Kiyaman. He's the oldest Knicks fan here and has followed this team longer than any of us. His views aren't deluded, he normally tend to sees things outside the box. Don't overlook his post.

Yea but a dumb comment is just that. Idc how long he's been posting.

I'm glad that's what Kiya feels in his heart but it's just not rational.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Just because u have an enormous amount of posts it doesn't warrant merit to all of them. This is a major clunker. A.d i really want to know who he would trade them for. That post was the worst

Kiyaman

Legend
all your rep power should be revoked..... ok kiyaman for who? and you dont even need to use the trade machine, just a rational trade scenerio. please answer

Stop acting like 20 of our last 30 games performance didnt IRK-u into wanting to change the channel in the 3rd quarter, I can recall 2 first quarter blowouts that .......

The clairity of my point (ready to trade Melo & JR) was the Knicks are NOT playing TEAM-BALL on offense or defense with four players (Felton, Kidd, Melo, Stat) sharing the ball to get others involve .. we been seeing to much of Melo or JR holding/chucking the ball on the majority of our offensive-possession, plus all the walking back on offense & defense is killing us. How many times do we have to watch coach Woodson do nothing everytime Melo feel like arguing with refs on the offensive-end while the ball is alive on the defensive-end???

It's not about me .. its abot how u feel about the way we been ballin

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Stop acting like 20 of our last 30 games performance didnt IRK-u into wanting to change the channel in the 3rd quarter, I can recall 2 first quarter blowouts that .......

The clairity of my point (ready to trade Melo & JR) was the Knicks are NOT playing TEAM-BALL on offense or defense with four players (Felton, Kidd, Melo, Stat) sharing the ball to get others involve .. we been seeing to much of Melo or JR holding/chucking the ball on the majority of our offensive-possession, plus all the walking back on offense & defense is killing us. How many times do we have to watch coach Woodson do nothing everytime Melo feel like arguing with refs on the offensive-end while the ball is alive on the defensive-end???

i recall those same games melo shooting us to victories and jr smith hitting two game winners... i just think wanna know who you would swap them for that is all

jimkcchief88

All Star

Yeah but Kiya Felton missed a month...Melo has missed 7 games...This team is still trying to find its flow...Like mentioned above MELO is up for MVP, 2nd leading scorer in the league and JR is up for most improved...Don't be so hard on them

Kiyaman

Legend
i recall those same games melo shooting us to victories and jr smith hitting two game winners... i just think wanna know who you would swap them for that is all

James Dolan is not trading his GOLDENBOY Melo .. and Melo is not going to let Grunwald trade JR
My post was not about trading the two selfish ball-hogging players who are defenseless on the defensive-end ..
My post was aimed at coach Woodson for giving the two players unlimited minutes and shot attempts (Green-Light to controlling the offense for 48 minutes) this has been stopping the rest of the Knicks players from GELLIN on both side of the court. We need to get this type of foolishness off the team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah but Kiya Felton missed a month...Melo has missed 7 games...This team is still trying to find its flow...Like mentioned above MELO is up for MVP, 2nd leading scorer in the league and JR is up for most improved...Don't be so hard on them

I'm not being hard on them .. its just the two-players have to stop playing the same exact type of performance they been playing for the Denver Nuggets .. its only good for a 50 win season and getting knocked-out of the first-round, because teammates are tired of the two-players taking all the GLORY...