2012-13 Carmelo Anthony Player Performance and News Thread

Who do you think will win the MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knicksince 93

Rotation player
James Dolan is not trading his GOLDENBOY Melo .. and Melo is not going to let Grunwald trade JR
My post was not about trading the two selfish ball-hogging players who are defenseless on the defensive-end ..
My post was aimed at coach Woodson for giving the two players unlimited minutes and shot attempts (Green-Light to controlling the offense for 48 minutes) this has been stopping the rest of the Knicks players from GELLIN on both side of the court. We need to get this type of foolishness off the team.

Sooo your post saying you're ready to trade them wasn't about trading them? I'm lost. U said it just own up to it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
Sooo your post saying you're ready to trade them wasn't about trading them? I'm lost. U said it just own up to it.

u dont get it .... Melo & JR never provided any team-chemistry on the Denver Nuggets, and they are not providing any team-chemistry in New York .. untill Melo & JR start playing "TEAM-BALL" on both ends of the court, I will always want them traded.
Players with Melo status adds big controversy throughout the NBA when talks involve the "Melo-Trade" because some teams value Melo as a high commodity franchise player, and some teams wont give up a Brook Lopez for Melo.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
u dont get it .... Melo & JR never provided any team-chemistry on the Denver Nuggets, and they are not providing any team-chemistry in New York .. untill Melo & JR start playing "TEAM-BALL" on both ends of the court, I will always want them traded.
Players with Melo status adds big controversy throughout the NBA when talks involve the "Melo-Trade" because some teams value Melo as a high commodity franchise player, and some teams wont give up a Brook Lopez for Melo.

so you admit u want him traded. Key word TRADED which ultimately means a swap. So if u want him traded who do u want? Thats what u can't answer because there won't be any equal value for him and,being realistic at the same time.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
No you don't get it. You want to trade the top two leading scorers on the second best team in the conference. One is the second leading scorer in the league and an MVP candidate and the other is a 6th man of the year candidate. Asinine on multiple levels. You talk about team chemistry, that would create a cluster f@ck for the second half of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
You guys underrate Kiyaman. He's the oldest Knicks fan here and has followed this team longer than any of us. His views aren't deluded, he normally tend to sees things outside the box. Don't overlook his post.

Thanx Metro .... I have a habit of drawin-out player-fans, who believe the Knicks resolve around one player .... Marbury-Fans, Damnphoney-Fans, Melo-Fans ...... Teams Win Championships .. not players.

30-15 Record :beer: we da TEAM to beat .. we-one seed away from owning da EAST
We on a 4 Game win streak :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

knicksince 93 so you admit u want him traded. Key word TRADED which ultimately means a swap. So if u want him traded who do u want? Thats what u can't answer because there won't be any equal value for him and,being realistic at the same time.
Melo's value is his wide fan-base that sells-out over half the NBA stadiums .. there's only a few star-players able to do such .. The Melo-Trade was a smart $$$ bussiness decision for MSG to have 2-star-players to keep MSG sold-out.
I mention TRADE after watching the 20th straight Knicks game of "Melo or JR" SELFISH-performance the same selfisness they pulled in Denver .. I want the selfishness off this veteran-team .. Share the rock

JaYnYcE
No you don't get it. You want to trade the top two leading scorers on the second best team in the conference. One is the second leading scorer in the league and an MVP candidate and the other is a 6th man of the year candidate. Asinine on multiple levels. You talk about team chemistry, that would create a cluster f@ck for the second half of the season.​

What u dont get is
.. Denver spent 8 seasons building around Melo, plus 5 those seasons were with JR .. there success in Denver were winning-seasons, plus consistently getting knocked out of the first-round of the playoff.
G.M Grunfield filled the 2012-13 Knicksroster with 11 elite-veterans, whom are capable of winning the Atlantic Division Title without a problem, plus going further than the first-round.

Our last two wins were back to back, we used a 8-man rotation vs the Bucks, and vs the Kings we gave double diget playingtime to 8 bench players.
The huge difference in the two-games vs Bucks & Kings which suppose to be two-blowouts with the return of Felton/Shump/Amare in the rotation.
In the Bucks game "Melo & JR" average the same amount of stats as they been averaging all season long in minutes played 40-35/shot attempts 22-16/and field-goal percentage 39% .. when u come-pair (Melo & JR) stats in the Bucks game vs their stats in the Kings game or better yet .....
our 8th Blow-Out of the season :peace: :peace: 120-81 Knicks Team win .. 13 Man Rotation

metrocard

Legend
Thanx Metro .... I have a habit of drawin-out player-fans, who believe the Knicks resolve around one player .... Marbury-Fans, Damnphoney-Fans, Melo-Fans ...... Teams Win Championships .. not players.

30-15 Record :beer: we da TEAM to beat .. we-one seed away from owning da EAST
We on a 4 Game win streak :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Melo's value is his wide fan-base that sells-out over half the NBA stadiums .. there's only a few star-players able to do such .. The Melo-Trade was a smart $$$ bussiness decision for MSG to have 2-star-players to keep MSG sold-out.
I mention TRADE after watching the 20th straight Knicks game of "Melo or JR" SELFISH-performance the same selfisness they pulled in Denver .. I want the selfishness off this veteran-team .. Share the rock

What u dont get is
.. Denver spent 8 seasons building around Melo, plus 5 those seasons were with JR .. there success in Denver were winning-seasons, plus consistently getting knocked out of the first-round of the playoff.
G.M Grunfield filled the 2012-13 Knicksroster with 11 elite-veterans, whom are capable of winning the Atlantic Division Title without a problem, plus going further than the first-round.

Our last two wins were back to back, we used a 8-man rotation vs the Bucks, and vs the Kings we gave double diget playingtime to 8 bench players.
The huge difference in the two-games vs Bucks & Kings which suppose to be two-blowouts with the return of Felton/Shump/Amare in the rotation.
In the Bucks game "Melo & JR" average the same amount of stats as they been averaging all season long in minutes played 40-35/shot attempts 22-16/and field-goal percentage 39% .. when u come-pair (Melo & JR) stats in the Bucks game vs their stats in the Kings game or better yet .....
our 8th Blow-Out of the season :peace: :peace: 120-81 Knicks Team win .. 13 Man Rotation

that kings win was epic and we did it with Melo scoring only 9 points, but he had 5 valuable assist.

Melo and JR are such good scorers that they can afford to pass the ball and make their teammates better. They're that talented, just like Kobe and MJ, when these guys want to, they can get 10-14 assist.

Melo's the best pure scorer in the league behind KD, but he can also be a facilitator and I believe that's when everything works for this team.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm not being hard on them .. its just the two-players have to stop playing the same exact type of performance they been playing for the Denver Nuggets .. its only good for a 50 win season and getting knocked-out of the first-round, because teammates are tired of the two-players taking all the GLORY...[/QUOTE

You are being overcritical and losing cred because of it. Your posts used to be eccentric, now they are full of haterade. Half the starting line-up and backups are out most of the the season(STAT,SHEED,SHUMP,FELTON,CAMBY), so instead of realizing that fact and apprecitating the guys who are stepping up, you are hating. Damphony is gone, Starbury is gone we are second in the the East and you are still complaining? Get real. When we get out of the first round, will the you then quit HATING:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
that kings win was epic and we did it with Melo scoring only 9 points, but he had 5 valuable assist.

Melo and JR are such good scorers that they can afford to pass the ball and make their teammates better. They're that talented, just like Kobe and MJ, when these guys want to, they can get 10-14 assist.

Melo's the best pure scorer in the league behind KD, but he can also be a facilitator and I believe that's when everything works for this team.

Don't you think it's a little contradiction to say "melo is a great scorer, but he should pass more?" That's like telling a brawler to "punchless." Melo/JR are shooters. It's in their DNA. It's what they do. It doesn't make sense for a shooter to"look for Chandler downlow." Outside of flushing lobs, Chandler has no offense to speak of. That's on Tyson at 6'11" he never bothered to learn even one post move. Even Stat went to "bigman" clinic with the dream. Shooters shoot, big men board and putback. Melo/JR drive to the bucket and dish, but they are shooters so they look for their shot first. It's the point guard job to dribble and facilitate see. Everyone has a role. This team is still a work in progress and is a #2 seed. Chill and get used to what a good Knicks team looks like. I remember them from the 90's and this team looks like that.

metrocard

Legend
I just think Carmelo should use his weapons to create more opportunities on offense for the team.

The fact that he can score at mill makes him a main focus on offense.

Similar to a boxer with a great jab. You focus on his jab and you won't see his straight right hand.

Melo's straight right hand can be his passing.

CA7

Scoring Champ
This is getting annoying as ****

Carmelo and JR are our scorers and should score the ball. Yes they take bad shots but hey thats fine.

It's getting very annoying seeing Kiya write things that aren't true like teammates being tired of 2 guys getting all the credit, if thats the case how the hell do you think the teammates of James and Wade feel or Westbrook and Durant's teammates

Just stop dude you sound dumb as hell

jimkcchief88

All Star
I just think Carmelo should use his weapons to create more opportunities on offense for the team.

The fact that he can score at mill makes him a main focus on offense.

Similar to a boxer with a great jab. You focus on his jab and you won't see his straight right hand.

Melo's straight right hand can be his passing.

No that's a good analogy.... Here's the thing, that same boxer will get hurt if he forgets about his jab and falls in love with that straight right.....a scorer " wins the fight" with a volume of shots just like a boxer wins rounds with a volume of punches...now you know when that "straight right" comes into play???? When the shots aren't falling or the double teams come. I think MELO is a better passer than given credit for, but most of the time I would rather see him shooting. Will there be slumps???? Yes. Especially as streaky as JR is, but I think as STAT returns to form, you will see STAT shouldering more of the scoring load and the shots will even out. In the end I am old-school and have always thought layups are better % than just sitting outside and jumpshooting.

metrocard

Legend
Personally, I enjoy when Carmelo and JR Smith score buckets, they do it with style and on a highly skilled level, both of these guys are great at making difficult shots and really help us when we need scoring. I'll live and die with this guys, if we don't win a championship with them, I won't be mad. This is really our best chance, we have a top 5 talent in Carmelo, a deep bench, an all star center in Chandler and a former all star in Amare. I do feel we can upgrade with Felton(never been a fan), and I'm really digging Shumpert's new style and his improved jumper.

I feel like Melo doesn't have to try so hard to score so much because he already draws a lot of attention, it'll be easier to get guys invovled more, Melo is very capable of assisting the ball 4-5 times a game. I just think his game would help us out more, because Kidd can't create for guys like he use to, and Felton and Prigioni are the only guys who are good at passing, Melo and Smith can add to that ball movement, which they have all season...good to have these guys on this squad.

What's funny is that back in NBA 2K6, I always traded for JR Smith and let him be the future SG of the Knicks. Always thought he had that inner Vince Carter in him.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
hah! Melo just totally dissed Woodson on TV.

The reporter asked him why he though Woodson was the fastest to 50 wins in New York, and he had dead air for a few seconds then he said it was because of the players. Nada about coaching ability. Me thinks Melo is pissed for Woodson chewing him out earlier in the game

metrocard

Legend
hah! Melo just totally dissed Woodson on TV.

The reporter asked him why he though Woodson was the fastest to 50 wins in New York, and he had dead air for a few seconds then he said it was because of the players. Nada about coaching ability. Me thinks Melo is pissed for Woodson chewing him out earlier in the game

Need to see a youtube clip of this.

Really bad if we start a Marbury-Brown situation again especially when we are in the hunt of a championship.

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
0003700029723_500X500.jpg

ice_softee.jpg

Rob Low

Rotation player
SYRACUSE (AP) -- Syracuse retired former star Carmelo Anthony's No. 15 jersey during halftime of its game against Georgetown on Saturday in the Carrier Dome.A sellout crowd of 35,012, the largest to see a college basketball game in an on-campus arena, watched a large replica of Anthony's jersey get unveiled in the rafters. The New York Knicks star was presented a framed jersey at center court.
Anthony, who played only one year of college ball and helped lead the Orange to their lone national championship in 2003, was greeted with a rousing ovation when he entered the Carrier Dome before the game.

http://www.cnycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=864582#.USlddaVJOAg

skisloper

Starter
This is getting annoying as ****

Carmelo and JR are our scorers and should score the ball. Yes they take bad shots but hey thats fine.

It's getting very annoying seeing Kiya write things that aren't true like teammates being tired of 2 guys getting all the credit, if thats the case how the hell do you think the teammates of James and Wade feel or Westbrook and Durant's teammates

Just stop dude you sound dumb as hell

There is nothing fine with taking BAD SHOTS.....Missing good shots we can live with but when players who shoot 20 times a game feel a need to take BAD shots then there is a safe bet that our offense and our PG are failing terribly...There is absolutely NO REASON for Melo or JR to take bad shots........

CA7

Scoring Champ
There is nothing fine with taking BAD SHOTS.....Missing good shots we can live with but when players who shoot 20 times a game feel a need to take BAD shots then there is a safe bet that our offense and our PG are failing terribly...There is absolutely NO REASON for Melo or JR to take bad shots........

I wrote that 20 days ago

anyway things have changed and we need to get our rhythm back

to say a guy that is 80 something in shooting % is the second best scorer is a joke. hes the best at taking a ton pof shots so it looks like hes a good scorer. problem is many score better then he does