Let's give farewell to Lin

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He was my favorite player. Carmelo couldn't help us win. Amar'e couldn't help us win. And when they both got hurt, we started winning because of Jeremy Lin, and made the playoffs because of his contributions during his Linsanity run as well as his play during the first few games of Woodson's tenure.

Gonna miss the guy. I hope Madison Square Garden's stock drops by 5% tomorrow so Dolan's wallet hurts a bit more.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
He was my favorite player. Carmelo couldn't help us win. Amar'e couldn't help us win. And when they both got hurt, we started winning because of Jeremy Lin, and made the playoffs because of his contributions during his Linsanity run as well as his play during the first few games of Woodson's tenure.

Gonna miss the guy. I hope Madison Square Garden's stock drops by 5% tomorrow so Dolan's wallet hurts a bit more.
Do you know the month of April exists?

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
**** Lin. Hope he blows. Have fun in yaos shadow. I dont care what he did last year. Agreeing to an offer then going and redoing the offer to make it harder for NY to match was selfish/greedy. Its obvious he got butt hurt(then Dolan got butt hurt) about us going after nash. He didnt wanna be in NY anymore. If Melo did this itd be hell for him. Hell, he didnt do it and hes still catching beef for Lins Greediness. **** Lin **** the Rockets **** Daryl Morey **** Dolan but most importantly **** all the bandwagon lingineers who disgraced the Orange and Blue by bringing their fair weather fan asses out of the woodwork. GO HOME NOW.
Nyk, Orange and Blue for life bitches.

Phewwww had to get tht off my chest.

CoolClyde

**** Lin. Hope he blows. Have fun in yaos shadow. I dont care what he did last year. Agreeing to an offer then going and redoing the offer to make it harder for NY to match was selfish/greedy. Its obvious he got butt hurt(then Dolan got butt hurt) about us going after nash. He didnt wanna be in NY anymore. If Melo did this itd be hell for him. Hell, he didnt do it and hes still catching beef for Lins Greediness. **** Lin **** the Rockets **** Daryl Morey **** Dolan but most importantly **** all the bandwagon lingineers who disgraced the Orange and Blue by bringing their fair weather fan asses out of the woodwork. GO HOME NOW.
Nyk, Orange and Blue for life bitches.

Phewwww had to get tht off my chest.

wow, Toke-meister, you need a bong hit, my friend. A part of me feels that same pain and the need to vent, which i've done in previous posts. i think we'll all feel better as time wears on. I've gotten over losing Gallo and half the team for Melo, and we've got Felton back, so we'll just have to see what happens to both squads, Texas Red vs Orange & Blue. now pass that blunt and have a good night.
:smokin:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Do you know the month of April exists?

I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you're referring to Carmelo's insane run towards the end of the season...think about where the Knicks would be without that Linsanity run. If they lose those games, they're not in the playoffs, and I'm sure you haven't forgotten just how bad they were with Toney Douglas playing alongside Melo and Amar'e.

Forrest17

Rotation player
I just still can't get over this or understand it.

How monumentally stupid are the rockets. Makes absolutely ZERO sense.. Let us just take a look back at all the bone headed moves they have made recently

-let Goran Dragic who is CLEARLY better than Lin go for absolutely nothing so they could over pay Lin

-Traded away Dalembert who is a very servicable two way legit center so they could give a ridiculous amount of money to Omar Asik who is just such an offensive liability.

-Amnestied Luis Scola

-Are about to trade away all of their draft picks and recently drafted players and add a crap ton of salary just to rent Dwight Howard for one year only for him to leave after one season

WTF are they DOING? Who is running this ****ing place?.. Now we have to pay for their idiocy. Why get rid of two clearly superior point guards so you can steal someone elses??? Makes zero sense..

I hope this joke of a team enjoys missing the playoffs again next year and the year after because they aren't going ANYWHERE.. They had a great team that was just another decent big and forward from making a good playoff run. And they throw it away for nothing. COmpletely ridiculous.

fender0577

Rotation player

I think this is the problem with all you LIN fans, Lin wasn't the only reason we made the playoffs.WTF do you mean Melo didn't help us win, did you even watch the APRIL games, when LIN was so called injured.The dude sat out on us, to get his payday.That showed me where his heart was at, but nobody gives melo any credit for trying to play through a Wrist and Groin injury most of the year(what a double standard some of you have).Peace LIN and all the B*tch *ss fans you brought with you, thank god it's over.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
LONG LIVE JEREMY LIN!!!

May he drop many buckets for the Rox.

Forest, I don't know what the Rox are doing but I am sure they are running circles around Dolan in the way they operate their franchise.

I trust their moves a lot more than I do anything Dolan puts his fat fingers on.

Long Live JEREMY LIN!!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

JEREMY LIN, you gave us the best Knicks memories since 1994 and you made sporting history with your Linsanity run.

I love you, Jeremy Lin.

TakMan

Rotation player
LONG LIVE JEREMY LIN!!!

May he drop many buckets for the Rox.

Forest, I don't know what the Rox are doing but I am sure they are running circles around Dolan in the way they operate their franchise.

I trust their moves a lot more than I do anything Dolan puts his fat fingers on.

Long Live JEREMY LIN!!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

JEREMY LIN, you gave us the best Knicks memories since 1994 and you made sporting history with your Linsanity run.

I love you, Jeremy Lin.

You must have a very selective memory.....

TakMan

Rotation player
I do, I select only the best things to remember.

1999 was cool but, to my mind, Linsanity was more fun to watch.

1999 was a near miracle. "Linsanity" was a predominantly media manufactured fad that has a very specific expiry date. Lin has more or less been figured out. Initially no-one saw him coming, but it didn't take long for them suss him out. You can expect him to post average (at best) stats next season.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
1999 was a near miracle. "Linsanity" was a predominantly media manufactured fad that has a very specific expiry date. Lin has more or less been figured out. Initially no-one saw him coming, but it didn't take long for them suss him out. You can expect him to post average (at best) stats next season.

There was nothing media manufactured about the way I felt watching Lin take down the Lakers. For me, Linsanity stands right behind the 1998 Croatia World Cup and 2001 Ivanisevic Wimbledon.

Few guys in the NBA league today could put together a similar 10 game run. The only thing that has been figured out is that Lin is an above average baller that has a strong shot at being a perennial All-Star.

fender0577

Rotation player
There was nothing media manufactured about the way I felt watching Lin take down the Lakers. For me, Linsanity stands right behind the 1998 Croatia World Cup and 2001 Ivanisevic Wimbledon.

Few guys in the NBA league today could put together a similar 10 game run. The only thing that has been figured out is that Lin is an above average baller that has a strong shot at being a perennial All-Star.
Really?What ever your drinking this early, i'll have a double.

STAT1

Starter
I just still can't get over this or understand it.

How monumentally stupid are the rockets. Makes absolutely ZERO sense.. Let us just take a look back at all the bone headed moves they have made recently

-let Goran Dragic who is CLEARLY better than Lin go for absolutely nothing so they could over pay Lin

-Traded away Dalembert who is a very servicable two way legit center so they could give a ridiculous amount of money to Omar Asik who is just such an offensive liability.

-Amnestied Luis Scola

-Are about to trade away all of their draft picks and recently drafted players and add a crap ton of salary just to rent Dwight Howard for one year only for him to leave after one season

WTF are they DOING? Who is running this ****ing place?.. Now we have to pay for their idiocy. Why get rid of two clearly superior point guards so you can steal someone elses??? Makes zero sense..

I hope this joke of a team enjoys missing the playoffs again next year and the year after because they aren't going ANYWHERE.. They had a great team that was just another decent big and forward from making a good playoff run. And they throw it away for nothing. COmpletely ridiculous.

The answer is simple, Lin brings fans to the games. Dragic & Lowry do not. It's all about the dollars & cents in the Rocket's eyes. It's a smart business move to get Lin over to Houston. Was never really a smart move to let him go to begin with, so they're doing what they can to correct their own blunder.

Monetarily speaking, the Knicks should have easily matched that offer sheet, they stood to make much more money than they would have had to shell out. This was all about Dolan not being happy with Lin not being upfront with the team & going behind their backs to work out a different offer sheet than the one he originally had verbally agreed to sign. If Lin had dealt with Dolan like a man & been upfront about what he wanted monetarily & notified the Knicks that it was going to take more than the original offer sheet to get him to agree to sign, the Knicks could have made their plans accordingly, but it didn't play out that way. Lin did what he did & squeezed the extra $5M on his deal assuming the Knicks were going to match anyway, he wanted his cake & eat it too. You don't mess around with Dolan. Lin is clearly aware of this now, & the only ones left to suffer are the Knicks fans as per usual. I'm so over how Dolan runs this team, I'm done getting upset over it. There's really no use, he's going to do things the way he wants to do it regardless of what any of us think, so why bother? I just hope Felton is back motivated next season & Kidd stops drinking & driving & focus more on what he's gonna bring to the Knicks on the hardwood next season.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
look at some of the comments on his twiiter

OBSyL.jpg