Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Let's give farewell to Lin

What a run you had, Lin.

Too bad you weren't able to stay healthy.

Here's to a (hopefully) mediocre future in Houston!! You're GETTIN PAID SON!

Im willing to bet Lin will be an All Star this year,

OMG what a heartache would that be to Knicks FO and fans lol lolz

I just don't understand after all the hubub about the Bird rights case which was essetially about Lin, and the weeks and weeks of sweating on that, they just let him walk.

Would you at least match the offer and then trade him somewhere so you don't have to pay that 3rd year balloon? It's not like we have a lot of assets to trade, yet we just let one of the biggest names in sport right now walk out the door for nothing?

I'm lost.

Jeremy Lin's facebook status update:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Extremely excited and honored to be a Houston Rocket again!! Much love and thankfulness to the Knicks and New York for your support this past year...easily the best year of my life. Im forever grateful!

","type":22}" name="like" type="submit" title="Like this item" class="like_link stat_elem as_link">Like [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Seems an overly canned post to say that you could be honored to be back on the same team that cut you Jeremy. I think we all know you wanted to be back on the Knicks, but you shouldn't have played games with Dolan, he's not the guy you want to be angry at you. Hope you're happy with your decision, now you're on 1 of the worst teams in the NBA & playing in a much smaller market. At least there will be a lot less pressure on you out there. I wish you much success, but I hope your franchise & your team languishes in misery for the rest of your career there.

I find it amazing that two teams waived Lin before he got on the Knicks and then he has a good run here and one of the teams that waived him turns around and offers him 25mil to come back, does that even make sense???

Anyway, wished he woulda stayed eventhough it wasn't worth the money as I think he woulda helped the ultimate goal which is to win a championship, however I think we are in good shape with Kidd, Felton and Prigioni.

Ohhh and mark my words, Prigioni will be the X-factor for us this year. Feel free to quote me on this one. 35 year old rookie, best point guard in the spanish league, what is not to love??? His agent said he can make like 10 assists in 15 minutes walking backwards with his arm tied behind his back...lol

Man, i hate to say it but Houston is going to be kicking themselves in the ass for that contract just like the Raptors are doing with Fields.

To the Lin-turned-Rocket fans

BYE BITCHES

Veteran

He was my favorite player. Carmelo couldn't help us win. Amar'e couldn't help us win. And when they both got hurt, we started winning because of Jeremy Lin, and made the playoffs because of his contributions during his Linsanity run as well as his play during the first few games of Woodson's tenure.

Gonna miss the guy. I hope Madison Square Garden's stock drops by 5% tomorrow so Dolan's wallet hurts a bit more.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    He was my favorite player. Carmelo couldn't help us win. Amar'e couldn't help us win. And when they both got hurt, we started winning because of Jeremy Lin, and made the playoffs because of his contributions during his Linsanity run as well as his play during the first few games of Woodson's tenure.

Gonna miss the guy. I hope Madison Square Garden's stock drops by 5% tomorrow so Dolan's wallet hurts a bit more.
    Do you know the month of April exists?

-----------------

**** Lin. Hope he blows. Have fun in yaos shadow. I dont care what he did last year. Agreeing to an offer then going and redoing the offer to make it harder for NY to match was selfish/greedy. Its obvious he got butt hurt(then Dolan got butt hurt) about us going after nash. He didnt wanna be in NY anymore. If Melo did this itd be hell for him. Hell, he didnt do it and hes still catching beef for Lins Greediness. **** Lin **** the Rockets **** Daryl Morey **** Dolan but most importantly **** all the bandwagon lingineers who disgraced the Orange and Blue by bringing their fair weather fan asses out of the woodwork. GO HOME NOW.
    Nyk, Orange and Blue for life bitches.

Phewwww had to get tht off my chest.

Originally Posted by Tokie420
    **** Lin. Hope he blows. Have fun in yaos shadow. I dont care what he did last year. Agreeing to an offer then going and redoing the offer to make it harder for NY to match was selfish/greedy. Its obvious he got butt hurt(then Dolan got butt hurt) about us going after nash. He didnt wanna be in NY anymore. If Melo did this itd be hell for him. Hell, he didnt do it and hes still catching beef for Lins Greediness. **** Lin **** the Rockets **** Daryl Morey **** Dolan but most importantly **** all the bandwagon lingineers who disgraced the Orange and Blue by bringing their fair weather fan asses out of the woodwork. GO HOME NOW.
    Nyk, Orange and Blue for life bitches.

Phewwww had to get tht off my chest.

wow, Toke-meister, you need a bong hit, my friend. A part of me feels that same pain and the need to vent, which i've done in previous posts. i think we'll all feel better as time wears on. I've gotten over losing Gallo and half the team for Melo, and we've got Felton back, so we'll just have to see what happens to both squads, Texas Red vs Orange & Blue. now pass that blunt and have a good night.

Superstar

I wish the absolute worst for you and your immediate family Lin

Superstar

Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    Im willing to bet Lin will be an All Star this year,

OMG what a heartache would that be to Knicks FO and fans lol lolz
    What if we paid him all that money and he goes out and re injuries the knee?

Veteran

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Do you know the month of April exists?
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you're referring to Carmelo's insane run towards the end of the season...think about where the Knicks would be without that Linsanity run. If they lose those games, they're not in the playoffs, and I'm sure you haven't forgotten just how bad they were with Toney Douglas playing alongside Melo and Amar'e.

Superstar

I just still can't get over this or understand it.

How monumentally stupid are the rockets. Makes absolutely ZERO sense.. Let us just take a look back at all the bone headed moves they have made recently

-let Goran Dragic who is CLEARLY better than Lin go for absolutely nothing so they could over pay Lin

-Traded away Dalembert who is a very servicable two way legit center so they could give a ridiculous amount of money to Omar Asik who is just such an offensive liability.

-Amnestied Luis Scola

-Are about to trade away all of their draft picks and recently drafted players and add a crap ton of salary just to rent Dwight Howard for one year only for him to leave after one season

WTF are they DOING? Who is running this ****ing place?.. Now we have to pay for their idiocy. Why get rid of two clearly superior point guards so you can steal someone elses??? Makes zero sense..

I hope this joke of a team enjoys missing the playoffs again next year and the year after because they aren't going ANYWHERE.. They had a great team that was just another decent big and forward from making a good playoff run. And they throw it away for nothing. COmpletely ridiculous.