Let's give farewell to Lin

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think this is the problem with all you LIN fans, Lin wasn't the only reason we made the playoffs.WTF do you mean Melo didn't help us win, did you even watch the APRIL games, when LIN was so called injured.The dude sat out on us, to get his payday.That showed me where his heart was at, but nobody gives melo any credit for trying to play through a Wrist and Groin injury most of the year(what a double standard some of you have).Peace LIN and all the B*tch *ss fans you brought with you, thank god it's over.

...Lin WAS injured...a torn meniscus isn't something that's exactly a small deal.

And perhaps I was exaggerating a bit, but where was Carmelo for the first two months of the season? Guy wasn't anywhere to be seen. Neither was Amar'e. That **** was painful to watch, and without Lin, we would've just continued in a downward spiral to the #9 team in the EC and missing the playoffs despite having two max contract players and the DPOTY.

Without Lin, no playoffs. Plain and simple.

Who are you a fan of? Please indulge us.
its obvious, melo. i mean he makes everyone better, never complains, doesnt try to get guys kicked off the team because they get more attention then him, has a great playoff record and will be the guy to lead the knicks to the championship. i mean come on its plain as day. that genius dolan is my favorite sports owner he is also a genius who has done great things for everything msg.

nyk_nyk

All Star
its obvious, melo. i mean he makes everyone better, never complains, doesnt try to get guys kicked off the team because they get more attention then him, has a great playoff record and will be the guy to lead the knicks to the championship. i mean come on its plain as day. that genius dolan is my favorite sports owner he is also a genius who has done great things for everything msg.

You do realize you don't have to be a fan of the Knicks right? No one would be upset if you deleted your KOL account and went to another team fan site.

fender0577

Rotation player
...Lin WAS injured...a torn meniscus isn't something that's exactly a small deal.

And perhaps I was exaggerating a bit, but where was Carmelo for the first two months of the season? Guy wasn't anywhere to be seen. Neither was Amar'e. That **** was painful to watch, and without Lin, we would've just continued in a downward spiral to the #9 team in the EC and missing the playoffs despite having two max contract players and the DPOTY.

Without Lin, no playoffs. Plain and simple.
Didn't i say he(MELO) was playing injured, and the team had to make him sit.To your assumption that, no LIN no playoffs, last i checked there are 5 guys on the court.Its' funny how you act like he was playing 1 on 5 out there, he had help, the whole team was playing inspired ball out there.Same as when when melo took over the LEAGUE in april, the team followed, but it's crazy how some of you just brush that run aside, SMH.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
You do realize you don't have to be a fan of the Knicks right? No one would be upset if you deleted your KOL account and went to another team fan site.

no, he doesnt. but he made some points.

and im actually a melo fan.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
I just don't understand

Has any one heard all is fair in free agency and war?

If your were an overnight global phenonom cut twice d-league twice never knowing when your next paycheck will come from and you finally get your shot

your intentions all along were to return to the team that gave you that shot your management DIDINT EVEN BOTHER TO OFFER YOU A CONTRACT FIRST?

Made this company exorbitant amounts while on a 6 figure salary, Wouldn't you feel insulted? This same company tells you GO OUT SET YOUR MARKET AND WE WILL MATCH WHATEVER IT IS

Now Everyone wants Lin to E a D?:alert:

Then the Rockets offers you a lucrative offer to sign with them you went out set your market like the knicks told you to that the knicks promised they will match. But Because of loyalty i'm suppose to show restraint when the same team didn't offer me a contract first? Did the Knicks show loyalty during this entire process from the gate? Am I'm not suppose to sign that contract? Given the assurances i was given

Please everyone in every sport is overpaid for playing a childs game

Everyone needs to get over themselves about hating on Lin. The kid saved our season and was one of the contributors of us making the playoffs besides Melo in April. I would of loved to have him back like most people but it is what it is

He got payed. The knicks surely made their money off him when he was here for the pennies (relative to other NBA contracts) he was getting paid

But to wish the man harm and ill will is just beyond. Losing Lin is not going to make me stop being a knicks fan but I might not make it too see every game like i used to because their is nothing on this team to get excited over anymore except for Shumpert and I'm too afraid to get attached to him because Knicks management might trade him away at the deadline to for peanuts. And if you like most Knicks fans are not excited about watching a slow, aging, half-court iso melo ball for 82 games

This is an appreciation thread appreciate then move on

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Didn't i say he(MELO) was playing injured, and the team had to make him sit.To your assumption that, no LIN no playoffs, last i checked there are 5 guys on the court.Its' funny how you act like he was playing 1 on 5 out there, he had help, the whole team was playing inspired ball out there.Same as when when melo took over the LEAGUE in april, the team followed, but it's crazy how some of you just brush that run aside, SMH.

Lin didn't run his coach into resigning. Lin busted his ass when nobody (not even D'Antoni, who only gave him his chance because he had no PG whatsoever) gave him a chance. NYK made MILLIONS of dollars off him when he was getting paid the dirt minimum a player in the NBA can be paid. And in case you forgot, Melo and Amar'e were running us into the ground before Lin showed up. Yes, Melo played well down the stretch, but there's no denying that our team was freaking awful for the first month and a half of the season and that we had absolutely nothing to cheer for until Jeremy Lin destroyed Deron Williams and saved our season. Melo did pick up the pieces after Lin collapsed, that much I'll give him.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
if i could chose, i would keep lin. but stephen a smith is right; when amare and melo went down, lin took over a freelance offense under d'antonis PG heavy offense and played stellar. they came back, and he cooled down mightly. felton had a terrific year under d'antoni too. not to mention he averaged better stats than lin did even when felton played more games than lin. i love lin, i loved the attention we got, and the praise we got, but lets face it; he benefited from d'antoni and being the focal point of the offense. lets just hope felton will play good under woodson which by the way; felton seems like a better fit than lin in woodsons offense. believe me, i wouldve loved to still have Lin and make him a combo 1 and 2 guard, but hey. And who knows dolans reasoning; maybe it was personal, maybe it wouldve trigged animosity in the locker room, maybe the knee injury is worse than we thought (probably not), or maybe he just wants to show that he cares about winning. i think it was something personal between them. it sucks we're not getting anything in return and that we didnt roll with the stretch provision option in case he didnt pan out but what can you do? at least he's going somewhere far away where we'll rarely ever see him and the team will most likely lose anyway. as their roster is now, houston probably wont even make the playoffs

Over Lin out

Yes, I have no idea why we just jettisoned Fields and Lin without getting anything back. I don't believe for a second that Dolan had anything personal against Lin. MSG is a billion-dollar empire. It's all business. I would entertain the notion of potential locker room dissension because of the outrageous third year salary.

As for your enthusiam about Felton, I hope you are right. The combo of Kidd and Felton doesn't exactly instill much confidence.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Losing Lin is not going to make me stop being a knicks fan but I might not make it too see every game like i used to because their is nothing on this team to get excited over anymore

Real Knicks fans are looking forward to the beginning of every season, regardless of the roster. Real Knicks fans are always excited about the possibility of new results until we are heartbroken again. This happens over and over and over and over because REAL FANS experience the dissapointment year after year and still come back to support 100% all over again.

You're basically saying that because Lin is gone, you'll see less games. SMH

Sir, you're a Lin fan. NOT a Knicks fan.

fender0577

Rotation player
Lin didn't run his coach into resigning. Lin busted his ass when nobody (not even D'Antoni, who only gave him his chance because he had no PG whatsoever) gave him a chance. NYK made MILLIONS of dollars off him when he was getting paid the dirt minimum a player in the NBA can be paid. And in case you forgot, Melo and Amar'e were running us into the ground before Lin showed up. Yes, Melo played well down the stretch, but there's no denying that our team was freaking awful for the first month and a half of the season and that we had absolutely nothing to cheer for until Jeremy Lin destroyed Deron Williams and saved our season. Melo did pick up the pieces after Lin collapsed, that much I'll give him.
First off, MELO and C'antoni deserve equal blame for that whole situation, and last i heard, C'antoni went to dolan and said, it's him or me.Second, what do you mean nobody gave him a chance, he had 2 chances, Golden State and HOUSTON.LIN is a ok player, who had a good run, but 15 million, C'mon man.I have no problem with LIN trying to get payed, you can even find some of my other post supporting this, but when he sat out on us, when IMO he could have given it a go, just to see if he was ready, and he didn't, he showed me were his heart was at.I want ballers on my team, i'll take business men second.PEACE LIN.

fender0577

Rotation player
Real Knicks fans are looking forward to the beginning of every season, regardless of the roster. Real Knicks fans are always excited about the possibility of new results until we are heartbroken again. This happens over and over and over and over because REAL FANS experience the dissapointment year after year and still come back to support 100% all over again.

I support this post 100%.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He couldn't have given it a go.

Read the Sports Illustrated article.

The last time Lin talked to Knicks owner James Dolan was right before Game 5 of the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, when New York was down, 3-1, to eventual NBA champion Miami. Lin, who had suffered a meniscus tear in his left knee, had been ruled out for the remainder of the regular season and had already missed the first four games of this playoff series. Now Dolan, with point guard Baron Davis also injured, wondered about Lin's availability. But the matter had already been settled. "Every single vet on our team that has been in the league longer than five years pulled me aside and told me that I shouldn't play," Lin said. "And I had arguments with them about why I should."
Dolan -- who didn't talk to Lin often but had generally been "really nice to me" -- wound up expressing support. "I have plans for you in the future," Lin recalled the owner saying. "This is a long-term investment. Don't rush back."
At the time, Lin says, he had been sleepingwith an ice machine on every night and waking up early to restart it. He couldn't even touch the rim, much less defend. But the morning of Game 5, when asked about his status, he had publicly diagnosed himself at "85 percent" -- a comment he says has since been misunderstood. Lin was not 85 percent healthy, he says, but rather 15 percent away from the absolute minimum threshold to play. "People think it was easy for me to sit there and watch us lose, like I had nothing to do with the season," Lin said. "I was dying to play. I didn't miss a game due to injury in seven years until this past season, and people are acting like I wouldn't want to play in the playoffs? Of the NBA? In my first season?"

He was not 15% away from being healthy. He was 15% away from being able to PLAY. Him coming back at "85%" would be akin to Iman Shumpert trying to come back in December. It'd be an absolutely stupid move for any player to make.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
First off, MELO and C'antoni deserve equal blame for that whole situation, and last i heard, C'antoni went to dolan and said, it's him or me.

I keep hearing this rumor that MDA forced Dolan to choose but was there ever any confirmed source for this tale?

MDA was never my first choice for coach. His style of play is entertaining but never produced any championship.

fender0577

Rotation player
I keep hearing this rumor that MDA forced Dolan to choose but was there ever any confirmed source for this tale?

MDA was never my first choice for coach. His style of play is entertaining but never produced any championship.
Nope, but there never is with these things.It's like the Van gundy-Howard saga, nobody ever admits anything, but we all know what happened.

nyk_nyk

All Star
He couldn't have given it a go.

Read the Sports Illustrated article.

He was not 15% away from being healthy. He was 15% away from being able to PLAY. Him coming back at "85%" would be akin to Iman Shumpert trying to come back in December. It'd be an absolutely stupid move for any player to make.

Usually when players give a % on their health, they mean it in terms of full strength. Blame Lin for that one He should of followed that "85%" up with an explanation. When have you ever heard an injured player give a % of their health and expect everyone to know its a % on being able to step on a court?

I'm not taking a shot at Lin with this post. Just stating the facts.

WeReady

Benchwarmer

IF you read my entire post I said Lin leaving is not going to make me stop being a Knicks fan you should proabaly re-read the post

And Yes I Know what being a Knicks fan is about. We all have Stockholm Syndrom and are accepting of the abuse by our abusers in this case Dolan and his cronies in the FO. Thats what your post sounds like

My post was not in regard to my loyal by my disgust for the vitriol thrown someones way because its is unwarranted and unnecessary

And Im sorry but are you excited about the possibilities of a backcourt consisting of an aging drunkard 39 year point guard in Kidd and a 28 year old fat boy in Felton? Guaranteed one of those two is getting traded or both within 2 years.

Is it okay if i can just have a team that has been together for more than 6 months is that too much to ask?

And Im sorry but i think i'm allowed as a fan to criticize the product that I'm seeing when management throws away our future all the time. Especially when i expend time, energy and money on the product. I want to enjoy what I'm watching, appreciate and watch it grow into something special.Enough energy was given to it anyway.

But if the Knicks keep throwing away young pieces what is there to hold on to in regards to the possibilities that you refer to? Might as well watch the season with sterilized eyes. I don't even know who is going to be on the team on a month to month week to week year to year basis anymore and the last bit of hope that we have will probably get traded away in Iman Shumpert

And o by the way if we had the same ownership and FO that we have today in the 90s John Starks would of been traded away too in the beginning of his career.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
First off, MELO and C'antoni deserve equal blame for that whole situation, and last i heard, C'antoni went to dolan and said, it's him or me.Second, what do you mean nobody gave him a chance, he had 2 chances, Golden State and HOUSTON.LIN is a ok player, who had a good run, but 15 million, C'mon man.I have no problem with LIN trying to get payed, you can even find some of my other post supporting this, but when he sat out on us, when IMO he could have given it a go, just to see if he was ready, and he didn't, he showed me were his heart was at.I want ballers on my team, i'll take business men second.PEACE LIN.

You do realize that everyone and their momma knows that he wasn't slated to return back to lineup until the second round of the playoffs right? Everyone knew it it was public knowledge. Don't Let Screaming A Smith fool you