Let's give farewell to Lin

Benchwarmer
Bye... Now I shall move on.

You can really see the fake ass knicks fans in here. People hoping Lin becomes an all-star to make the FO look bad and hoping MSG loses value because of this decision.

You dumb ass fake NYK fans (Lin lovers). Take your ass to a HOU fansite and continue your love for the guy if its that serious. Lin is no longer O&B so he's not a concern of mine anymore. I root for the KNICKS.

Middle-Finger-ring.jpg

cant_fix_stupid-12939.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Farewell, Jeremy.

Thanks for the reinstall of Garden excitement last year.

Your presence and popularity will hopefully have ignited a fuse in other Knicks that were underwhelming last year.

Shame to see you go.

Go KNICKS!

Benchwarmer
As if he'll actually read this. :mrgreen:

But, in the event you do, Jeremy Lin, good luck in Houston!

I've decided this was probably for the best. Sometimes, things
happen for a reason, and from all the hateful remarks made by
former Knicks fans, I think it's a good thing you're leaving New York.

I've never seen people turn on someone so quickly, and in such
a hateful way. It must be because they are unhappy with their
own lives. You know? Grown up bullies. I can only feel sorry for
them.

~~~
P.S. I just found this article, and I think it sums up the situation
beautifully:

"No one ever said Jimmy Dolan, the inscrutable owner of the
New York Knicks, was any kind of genius. But his magnificently
botched effort to re-sign Jeremy Lin, the young point guard who
had blossomed into an international sensation, has taken him
to previously unexplored depths of mental deficiency. It has given
him a secure hold on an ignominious distinction: He is the most
loathed and ridiculed owner in modern sports.
Jeremy Lin wanted to stay in New York. He was willing to sign for
much less than he got from Houston. Knicks fans desperately
wanted him to stay, and management promised to bring him back.
Somehow, the Knicks managed to watch him leave for nothing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/botched-linsanity-knicks_n_1684476.html

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
As if he'll actually read this. :mrgreen:

But, in the event you do, Jeremy Lin, good luck in Houston!

I've decided this was probably for the best. Sometimes, things
happen for a reason, and from all the hateful remarks made by
former Knicks fans, I think it's a good thing you're leaving New York.

I've never seen people turn on someone so quickly, and in such
a hateful way. It must be because they are unhappy with their
own lives. You know? Grown up bullies. I can only feel sorry for
them.

~~~
P.S. I just found this article, and I think it sums up the situation
beautifully:

"No one ever said Jimmy Dolan, the inscrutable owner of the
New York Knicks, was any kind of genius. But his magnificently
botched effort to re-sign Jeremy Lin, the young point guard who
had blossomed into an international sensation, has taken him
to previously unexplored depths of mental deficiency. It has given
him a secure hold on an ignominious distinction: He is the most
loathed and ridiculed owner in modern sports.
Jeremy Lin wanted to stay in New York. He was willing to sign for
much less than he got from Houston. Knicks fans desperately
wanted him to stay, and management promised to bring him back.
Somehow, the Knicks managed to watch him leave for nothing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/botched-linsanity-knicks_n_1684476.html
please stop.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Yes, I have no idea why we just jettisoned Fields and Lin without getting anything back. I don't believe for a second that Dolan had anything personal against Lin. MSG is a billion-dollar empire. It's all business. I would entertain the notion of potential locker room dissension because of the outrageous third year salary.

As for your enthusiam about Felton, I hope you are right. The combo of Kidd and Felton doesn't exactly instill much confidence.

i think people downplaying kidds ability has really turned some people off to him. he was the PG of a championship team last year and is still playing good at an older age. he wouldve been a better option though of lin was here and he can teach him.

fields isnt that valuable to this organization. especially after last year. there was no need to even think about matching that deal. but with lin i dont see why we couldnt pay him year 1 and 2 and if he doesnt pan out, use stretch provision and waive him and only owe him 5 mil over the next 3 years. thats nothing. that leads me to believe dolan is an idiot, there was some kind of turmoil between them or melo/amare/JR, or he's not as healthy as we though

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Like what??????

And please be prepared to back them up! I get tired of people posting with empty rhetoric.

well his entire post was laced with sarcasm. melo doesnt make everybody better, he complains often (and huffs and puffs and pouts sometimes on the court like a bitch), managed single handedly to get rid of dantoni, and its believed he couldve had something to do with us not matching lin but thats still unproven. not to mention he has a horrible playoff record

pakopako

Benchwarmer
That was priceless Wargames.

I will miss Lin, and I do wish him luck in Houston. But not THAT much luck. It's like Fisher said (when he was still on the Lakers), Lin is a good story, but you just wish that story happened to your team.

That said, I am casting a shadow of doubt into what I'm a fan of. I almost feel like I'm still cheering for John Starks, Wilson Chandler, Mt. Mutombo, David Lee or Patrick Ewing Jr... Moreso than Mike Sweetney, Chris Duhon, or Eddy Curry. I do like what I've seen with Tyson Chandler, even 'Melo. STAT... is a weird situation.

Last edited:

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
Farewell Jeremy Lin, I was really looking forward to seeing you at the Garden all next season. I just hope that both the Knicks and Jeremy do well!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL @ folks blaming our FO for getting rid of Linsanity. Dude chose $$$ over NY, period. If he really wanted to stay with the Knicks he wouldn't have signed that renegotiated offer the Rockets' FO made. I've got to admit it was great to have him here, but still, businesswise we couldn't swallow that poison pill that Houston served us. Now we have Ray and Kidd onboard and that's more than enough to fill our PG needs.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
LOL @ folks blaming our FO for getting rid of Linsanity. Dude chose $$$ over NY, period. If he really wanted to stay with the Knicks he wouldn't have signed that renegotiated offer the Rockets' FO made. I've got to admit it was great to have him here, but still, businesswise we couldn't swallow that poison pill that Houston served us. Now we have Ray and Kidd onboard and that's more than enough to fill our PG needs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Lin was really in it for the money, he would have settled for less salary to play in NYC and make over 10x the money with the endorsements the city has to offer. Besides, if a team said, hey we're gonna offer you a little more than what we just offered, sign it. Who wouldn't sign it, especially knowing that Knicks said that they would match any offer? He said in his most recent interview that he's tired of ppl assuming he did this for the money. The dude really wanted to stay in NY, but the Dolan and the FO ****ed up, that's the bottom line. I'll really turn teary if he turns out to be the promising PG that we foresaw.

Everytime something good happens for the Knicks, we get something bad in return. We can never catch a damn break.

Last edited: