Let's give farewell to Lin

CoolClyde

LOL @ folks blaming our FO for getting rid of Linsanity. Dude chose $$$ over NY, period. If he really wanted to stay with the Knicks he wouldn't have signed that renegotiated offer the Rockets' FO made. I've got to admit it was great to have him here, but still, businesswise we couldn't swallow that poison pill that Houston served us. Now we have Ray and Kidd onboard and that's more than enough to fill our PG needs.

damn son, what rock have you been hiding under? there've been 1000 posts in the poison pill thread filled with contentious disagreements about this matter.
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12823

hard to believe you're siding with Red and JimKC, but at this point, i'm too tired to care.

tiger0330

Legend
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If Lin was really in it for the money, he would have settled for less salary to play in NYC and make over 10x the money with the endorsements the city has to offer. Besides, if a team said, hey we're gonna offer you a little more than what we just offered, sign it. Who wouldn't sign it, especially knowing that Knicks said that they would match any offer? He said in his most recent interview that he's tired of ppl assuming he did this for the money. The dude really wanted to stay in NY, but the Dolan and the FO ****ed up, that's the bottom line. I'll really turn teary if he turns out to be the promising PG that we foresaw.

Everytime something good happens for the Knicks, we get something bad in return. We can never catch a damn break.
The Knicks were always concerned with the tax based on the verbal offer the Knicks discussed with Lin's agents, they wanted to give him 5M his first 2 years and 3M his 3rd. And telling Lin we're looking at 4 other PGs including Steve Nash isn't a ringing endorsement either, I think
anyone would have put 2+2 together and signed with the highest bidder after hearing that kind if crap from the Knicks.

fender0577

Rotation player
The Knicks were always concerned with the tax based on the verbal offer the Knicks discussed with Lin's agents, they wanted to give him 5M his first 2 years and 3M his 3rd. And telling Lin we're looking at 4 other PGs including Steve Nash isn't a ringing endorsement either, I think
anyone would have put 2+2 together and signed with the highest bidder after hearing that kind if crap from the Knicks.
Good post, i'm just happy we didn't do the stupid thing and match that second offer.That would have killed use, if this is his peak.

Den318

Benchwarmer
The Knicks true poison pills are Melo and A'mare. Knicks are going no where until those 2 wannabe stars are gone.