Would you run that, Clyde of Purplehelmetshire?
EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm looking forward to watching Chandler and Camby play together with a big line up consisting of Kidd, Shump, Melo, Camby, Chandler. We can also afford the red carpet defense from Novak @ SF with that squad.
Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Jul 18, 2012 at 11:34. Reason: pongy man nectarines........what?
Are we supposed to things that we hope will happen or things that we expect to happen? Most of what has been posted here seems to fall into the former category, not the latter.
STAT and FELTON, getting that P&R going on a nightly basis.If that happens, were top 3 in the east.HIT THE GYM FELTON.
Didn't seemed such a bad idea to keep a single thread for each player although all of them being stickies made the new threads tougher to get to. If everybody agrees, we can make a single sticky topic that contains links to all the important threads. Something like RealGM has..
I'll give you 5 things:
(1) Ray Felton coming in in great shape and having a good year. All of a sudden, he's the key now. I miss Lin like crazy and that will never subside but I like Ray too. He's capable. We all need to be fair with Ray and show him love when the time comes. None of this Lin stuff had anything to do with him.
(2) The Knicks coming up with a solid young 2G somewhere. I don't wanna see a 40-year-old J Kidd playing SG. That's not what he was brought here to do. There are SOOOOOOOOO may good options still out there -- go find one already!!!
(3) STAT having a big bounce-back year. Like Felton, he needs to come in in great shape -- none of this 'I added 10-15 lbs. of muscle' crap. That hindered him last season at the beginning big time, not helped him. 245 lbs. -- no more Amar'e, please. And I wanna see him get that mid-range J back. His usual explosion and his jumper -- he didn't have neither for a good part of last year. Turn that around.
(4) Being presently surprised by Pablo Prigioni. Over a grueling 82-game schedule, we're gonna need this guy at some point. I hope he's as good as advertised & ready for the challenge.
(5) Shump coming back healthy.
Last edited by finestrg; Jul 19, 2012 at 06:37.
1. Beating the Nyets
2.Beating the LA Lakers with Dwight Howard( It's going down today)
3.Miami Heat showdown
4.Rockets at MSG
1.Carmelo becoming a true Superstar
2.Amare's new post game
3.Felton being some resemblance of his old self
JUST IN CASE:
1.Trade Melo for Dwight Howard if our team is doing poorly and he is still on the Magic somehow
2.Trading Amar'e for 1st round pick and 2 second round picks
3.Trading our "BIG 3" for a truckload of picks and expiring contracts to rebuild
Last edited by BIG APPLE SPORTS; Jul 19, 2012 at 07:02.
Or the team miraculously gelling together. If STAT and Melo are still like oil and water, pass-around White under-performs, and we won't switch to two first-teams, then yeah, trades and drafts.
At point, we have a "potentially athletic" player and a potentially drunk media circus (no word on Bibby, who is the most affordable G we can re-sign). At two, we have a rookie we might not see on opening night and an ageing JR Smith. The lynchpin scorers are 'Melo and Novak. And unless Thomas and Camby perform like they did 10 years ago, Chandler and STAT are handling anchor by themselves.
And who is Chris Copeland?
I have a bunch:
-Our interior D with Camby and Chandler.
-Stellar performances from Melo.
-Stat and Chandler's post moves.
-Felton's chemistry with Stat and the rest of the team.
-Kidd checking into rehab.
-Felton winning Biggest Loser. (jk I think Woodson will bring him back to shape)
-Maintenance workers making the glass doors to fire extinguishers shatter proof.
-Dolan discovering a malignant tumor in his right testicle.
-Lin deciding he hates it in Houston and begs them to trade him to the Knicks (sorry I couldn't resist)
I'm looking forward to the 2013 NBA Finals. New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers haha
Looking forward to people being exposed, as good and bad, and right and wrong. Players and fans alike.
Thus, I look forward to a very interesting and intriguing season.
I'm not particularly thrilled or a major fan of any major player or personsal to this NYK team (except for TyChan), so I won't front and say I'm ecstatic to watch Melo and Amare and JR Smith play ball......
I'm looking forward to watching some NYK basketball, period, regardless.