Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post one thing you're looking forward to this Knicks season.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I'm looking forward to:
    bandwagon knick fans leaving KO
    Lin having a D-league type season
    STAT and Feltip regaining the P&R
    James Dolan having a heart attack when MSG stock takes a dive
    I think Lin will put up good #'s in Houston cuz he'll be their main scoring option on a crappy team, but on all other points I completely agree.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I'm looking forward to hearing the boos that will rain down on Raymond Felton when he first touches the ball.
    Please. Everyone. Give Ray a chance! He has a myriad of things to prove to us after his season last year, but that doesn't mean that he's completely incapable, a has been, a never was, or the absolute poorest substitute we could have signed for Jeremy Lin.

i'm looking forward to the 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player Performance and News Thread!

and even more stickies in the KO forum, they're sticky!
    I unstuck them with my man glue. Typical Metrocard to come in and go alpha dog on the entire site. How about some god damn democracy around here, KO cobras!? Thus far, zero ****s have been given by anyone.

Would you run that, Clyde of Purplehelmetshire?

I'm looking forward to:
    bandwagon knick fans leaving KO
    Lin having a D-league type season
    STAT and Feltip regaining the P&R
    James Dolan having a heart attack when MSG stock takes a dive
    Yes. Mm hmm. Oh yeah. Please, Jehosafat!

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Looking forward to the first hissy fit Carmelo will throw when things are not going his way.
    I'm looking forward to him not. I think the boos left a bruise last season, and Melo is going to have a year to remember in 2012-2013. Optimism really has never been easy for me with Carmelo Anthony, but I'll dare to exercise it this offseason. If he does pull a tantrum, I'll be the least surprised out of anyone.

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I know its only suppose to be one thing but just thought of this...

Houston's first game in The garden. Espn game I bet. We win by 30. Lin cries on the bench.
    The entire league is pining for this game.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    I think Lin will put up good #'s in Houston cuz he'll be their main scoring option on a crappy team, but on all other points I completely agree.
    And I personally believe that it should be wins that dictate the reaction to Lin's season by Knick fans.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm looking forward to watching Chandler and Camby play together with a big line up consisting of Kidd, Shump, Melo, Camby, Chandler. We can also afford the red carpet defense from Novak @ SF with that squad.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Jul 18, 2012 at 11:34. Reason: pongy man nectarines........what?

Are we supposed to things that we hope will happen or things that we expect to happen? Most of what has been posted here seems to fall into the former category, not the latter.

Superstar

STAT and FELTON, getting that P&R going on a nightly basis.If that happens, were top 3 in the east.HIT THE GYM FELTON.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    STAT and FELTON, getting that P&R going on a nightly basis.If that happens, were top 3 in the east.HIT THE GYM FELTON.
    Regarding the Felton & Amare p&r, i'm not so sure how effective it'll be this time around.. i mean it can work but alot of the success from it came from Amare playing the Center position, now that Tyson controls the paint (and he cant shoot), wouldn't the lane be kind of clogged up?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Regarding the Felton & Amare p&r, i'm not so sure how effective it'll be this time around.. i mean it can work but alot of the success from it came from Amare playing the Center position, now that Tyson controls the paint (and he cant shoot), wouldn't the lane be kind of clogged up?
    Yeah the lane will be clogged, but AMARe's jumper needs to return also, if this happens it won't matter if TC clogs the lane.People forget, STATS game has become dependent on his mid-range shot, and last season he shot poorly, meaning defenses could back of, effectively taking away his penetration game.If STAT and felton can get that chemistry going again, it would make the defense have to choose who to guard, and that split second STAT would have the advantage once again(THAT's IF HE REGAINS HIS SHOT)like two years ago.I'm confident with the addition of 2 pass first PG'S like FELT&KIDD, STAT will get all the good looks needed to be the STAT off a few years ago.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I unstuck them with my man glue. Typical Metrocard to come in and go alpha dog on the entire site. How about some god damn democracy around here, KO cobras!? Thus far, zero ****s have been given by anyone.
    So that's what happened to them, i was wondering...
    Didn't seemed such a bad idea to keep a single thread for each player although all of them being stickies made the new threads tougher to get to. If everybody agrees, we can make a single sticky topic that contains links to all the important threads. Something like RealGM has..

Superstar

I'll give you 5 things:

(1) Ray Felton coming in in great shape and having a good year. All of a sudden, he's the key now. I miss Lin like crazy and that will never subside but I like Ray too. He's capable. We all need to be fair with Ray and show him love when the time comes. None of this Lin stuff had anything to do with him.

(2) The Knicks coming up with a solid young 2G somewhere. I don't wanna see a 40-year-old J Kidd playing SG. That's not what he was brought here to do. There are SOOOOOOOOO may good options still out there -- go find one already!!!

(3) STAT having a big bounce-back year. Like Felton, he needs to come in in great shape -- none of this 'I added 10-15 lbs. of muscle' crap. That hindered him last season at the beginning big time, not helped him. 245 lbs. -- no more Amar'e, please. And I wanna see him get that mid-range J back. His usual explosion and his jumper -- he didn't have neither for a good part of last year. Turn that around.

(4) Being presently surprised by Pablo Prigioni. Over a grueling 82-game schedule, we're gonna need this guy at some point. I hope he's as good as advertised & ready for the challenge.

(5) Shump coming back healthy.
    Last edited by finestrg; Jul 19, 2012 at 06:37.

GAME WISE:

1. Beating the Nyets

2.Beating the LA Lakers with Dwight Howard( It's going down today)

3.Miami Heat showdown

4.Rockets at MSG

TEAM WISE:

1.Carmelo becoming a true Superstar

2.Amare's new post game

3.Felton being some resemblance of his old self

JUST IN CASE:

1.Trade Melo for Dwight Howard if our team is doing poorly and he is still on the Magic somehow

2.Trading Amar'e for 1st round pick and 2 second round picks

3.Trading our "BIG 3" for a truckload of picks and expiring contracts to rebuild
    Last edited by BIG APPLE SPORTS; Jul 19, 2012 at 07:02.

Trading deadline.

Or the team miraculously gelling together. If STAT and Melo are still like oil and water, pass-around White under-performs, and we won't switch to two first-teams, then yeah, trades and drafts.

At point, we have a "potentially athletic" player and a potentially drunk media circus (no word on Bibby, who is the most affordable G we can re-sign). At two, we have a rookie we might not see on opening night and an ageing JR Smith. The lynchpin scorers are 'Melo and Novak. And unless Thomas and Camby perform like they did 10 years ago, Chandler and STAT are handling anchor by themselves.

And who is Chris Copeland?

I have a bunch:
    -Our interior D with Camby and Chandler.
    -Stellar performances from Melo.
    -Stat and Chandler's post moves.
    -Felton's chemistry with Stat and the rest of the team.
    -Kidd checking into rehab.
    -Felton winning Biggest Loser. (jk I think Woodson will bring him back to shape)
    -Maintenance workers making the glass doors to fire extinguishers shatter proof.
    -Dolan discovering a malignant tumor in his right testicle.
    -Lin deciding he hates it in Houston and begs them to trade him to the Knicks (sorry I couldn't resist)

I'm looking forward to the 2013 NBA Finals. New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers haha

Veteran

Originally Posted by marviel_garcia
    I'm looking forward to the 2013 NBA Finals. New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers haha
    Well said. Except I don't care who we smash in the West. To add to topic...i also look forward to seeing the bockers smacking the btchness out of Houston.....my new most hated team.

Veteran

Looking forward to people being exposed, as good and bad, and right and wrong. Players and fans alike.

Thus, I look forward to a very interesting and intriguing season.

I'm not particularly thrilled or a major fan of any major player or personsal to this NYK team (except for TyChan), so I won't front and say I'm ecstatic to watch Melo and Amare and JR Smith play ball......

I'm looking forward to watching some NYK basketball, period, regardless.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Looking forward to people being exposed, as good and bad, and right and wrong. Players and fans alike.
    Oh yes. That's gonna be captivating.

I'm looking forward to seeing STAT in action, though. That's a make and break for this team.