F*ck this shiii, i'm taking my talents elsewhere!

TakMan

Rotation player
I just thought I'd initiate this thread for all those who are considering, or have decided to take their talents elsewhere following Lin's departure.

This space will provide you with the opportunity to exchange views and methodically/accurately conclude which team is best suited to you.

Remember to look out for obvious signs of Team compatibility.

1. Jersey Colours: Perhaps try out some outfits in the colours of the teams shortlist you have created. Which one suits you? Which one feels "right?"

2. "THE ONE": Obviously when your talents were in New York, you handed this title to Jeremy Lin. He's now priced himself out of the Knicks, and made the short 1631 mile trip to Houston. No move has ever shattered the foundations of an establishment this much. Suddenly you find yourselves feeling betrayed, alone, with no purpose in life. Yet hope is offered in the form of an environment change. A new team to follow, a new city to embrace, and a new player to salivate over. This is the tricky part. Do you remain loyal to the player you were following over the past few months, or is your broken heart capable of finding love elsewhere in the form of another chosen one? Choose wisely

3. Cheerleaders: What informed, enlightened, intellectual fan would not consider the quality of cheerleading squads before making an educated decision regarding which team to support? After all, there will always be moments in a game when the camera is not focussing on the player you've chosen to follow. A good distraction which will prevent you from getting cold sweats and panic attacks during this time will be to focus on the cheerleaders who will have taken centre court by this time.

Obviously there are many more complex factors to consider when making this painfully difficult decision, and this is the space which will provide you the opportunity to deliberate long enough, safe in the knowledge that you are protected from the verbal (hurtful) poison that is spewed from pathetic Knicks fans.

I sincerely hope you all find what you are looking for.........

He did.

Wargames

Starter
Da f*ck kind of thread is this? Man it's bad enough when people attention whore the fact they're leaving. Now they get counseling? It's not a change or religion it's not that serious. Most new Nyets fans are going to be in a rude awakening when that ticking time bomb explodes anyhow and will likely crawl anyhow.... And the Rockets are going to scrape the bottom of the barrel next season themselves.

TakMan

Rotation player
Da f*ck kind of thread is this? Man it's bad enough when people attention whore the fact they're leaving. Now they get counseling? It's not a change or religion it's not that serious. Most new Nyets fans are going to be in a rude awakening when that ticking time bomb explodes anyhow and will likely crawl anyhow.... And the Rockets are going to scrape the bottom of the barrel next season themselves.

It's called taking the piss. But I would like to see a discussion taking place amongst disgruntled/bandwagon fans regarding which team to support next. I think it offers another dimension to this summer's entertainment.

Wargames

Starter
It's called taking the piss. But I would like to see a discussion taking place amongst disgruntled/bandwagon fans regarding which team to support next. I think it offers another dimension to this summer's entertainment.

Well if it stops them from each individually posting a thread about their leaving I hope the mods move all their threads in here then. For the record I don't think it's entertaining it's more.... discouraging than anything.

TakMan

Rotation player
Well if it stops them from each individually posting a thread about their leaving I hope the mods move all their threads in here then. For the record I don't think it's entertaining it's more.... discouraging than anything.

Bandwagon fans are entertaining any way you look at it. There's no point in getting discouraged by their departure. It's all about quantity and quality. Yes they added to the quantity of fans on this forum, but many just wrecked its quality. They will head off to pastures new now and wreak chaos to the -up until now- peaceful existence of other forums.

Wargames

Starter
Bandwagon fans are entertaining any way you look at it. There's no point in getting discouraged by their departure. It's all about quantity and quality. Yes they added to the quantity of fans on this forum, but many just wrecked its quality. They will head off to pastures new now and wreak chaos to the -up until now- peaceful existence of other forums.

I hear you it just in my mind it brings up the imagery of rats escaping a sinking ship.... The season can't start soon enough for me so the uncertainty of the FA can be over.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I am looking forward to the soccer season.

Luka Modric in Madrid has me amped.

Last season I pretty much made the transition to following soccer as my first sport because of the wide availability of English league matches on cable tv. I followed the Knicks while D'Antoni was there and Linsanity had me engrossed, but after Evil Guy returned from the Groin, I watched very little basketball.

So, next season, maybe I'll catch a quarter here and there but it looks like I'll be following Arsenal and Real Madrid with the Knicks and the NBA in general as an afterthought.

TakMan

Rotation player

Last season I pretty much made the transition to following soccer as my first sport because of the wide availability of English league matches on cable tv. I followed the Knicks while D'Antoni was there and Linsanity had me engrossed, but after Evil Guy returned from the Groin, I watched very little basketball.

So, next season, maybe I'll catch a quarter here and there but it looks like I'll be following Arsenal and Real Madrid with the Knicks and the NBA in general as an afterthought.

Modric is still a Tottenham player and they will not relinquish him unless they have found adequate cover. I am a tottenham supporter. I will not stop watching them in the event Modric leaves. As with the Knicks, Tottenham fans have been through far more trying times that these. This is a piece of cake.

fender0577

Rotation player
I just thought I'd initiate this thread for all those who are considering, or have decided to take their talents elsewhere following Lin's departure.

This space will provide you with the opportunity to exchange views and methodically/accurately conclude which team is best suited to you.

1. Jersey Colours: Perhaps try out some outfits in the colours of the teams shortlist you have created. Which one suits you? Which one feels "right?"

2. "THE ONE": Obviously when your talents were in New York, you handed this title to Jeremy Lin. He's now priced himself out of the Knicks, and made the short 1631 mile trip to Houston. No move has ever shattered the foundations of an establishment this much. Suddenly you find yourselves feeling betrayed, alone, with no purpose in life. Yet hope is offered in the form of an environment change. A new team to follow, a new city to embrace, and a new player to salivate over. This is the tricky part. Do you remain loyal to the player you were following over the past few months, or is your broken heart capable of finding love elsewhere in the form of another chosen one? Choose wisely

3. Cheerleaders: What informed, enlightened, intellectual fan would not consider the quality of cheerleading squads before making an educated decision regarding which team to support? After all, there will always be moments in a game when the camera is not focussing on the player you've chosen to follow. A good distraction which will prevent you from getting cold sweats and panic attacks during this time will be to focus on the cheerleaders who will have taken centre court by this time.

Obviously there are many more complex factors to consider when making this painfully difficult decision, and this is the space which will provide you the opportunity to deliberate long enough, safe in the knowledge that you are protected from the verbal (hurtful) poison that is spewed from pathetic Knicks fans.

He did.
TAK, good post, that was some funny SH*t.BUT i"M a BIGGER KNICKS FAN NOW THAN EVER.PEACE B*TCHES, HAVE FUN IN HOUSTON.

He did.
I thought this was hilarious. I have been a knick fan all my life and I have been following this fansite since about 2006 when I was a freshmen in high school and this is easily the top team fansite there is out there. I really wish some of the guys that post here regularly applied for the Knicks GM position because your ideas make a lot of sense. Other guys that post here I really feel are just trolls posting for attention. Anyways I have been a fan for far to long and have been threw too much **** with this team to let one player leaving end my fanship. That has to be the most fair weather **** I've ever heard. If you're a front runner that's fine head over to south beach with all the other wannabe NBA fans. One player does not make or break a TEAM

jimkcchief88

All Star

And there you have it folks....Not a KNICKS fan, NOT even a BASKETBALL FAN. Us REAL KNICK FANS will all throw in a DOLLAR apiece on your new ROCKETS LIN JERSEY(the red will match your ARSENAL collection) if you PROMISE to never POST your "I HATE MELO" BS here on KO.COM EVER AGAIN.:) PM me your address so I send the first dollar and sign it.:) Great thread! rep point given

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
You think bandwagon fans are bad online... its worse at the Garden... If i get another question this season from the person next to me saying "Who is #7? He's pretty good!"...they might need to call security.

Hopefully its over though.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Man it's bad enough when people attention whore the fact they're leaving. Now they get counseling? It's not a change or religion it's not that serious.
You haven't met the fans I've seen. I can only imagine licensed therapists talking to fans still covered in face-paint, lying on their couch.

Jinki?s

Rookie
WHATEVER YO. This place will be crashing without Lin and Fields FO SHO. We're moving to rocketsonline.com. Linsanity, ROLL OUT!

..oh um

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
WHATEVER YO. This place will be crashing without Lin and Fields FO SHO. We're moving to rocketsonline.com. Linsanity, ROLL OUT!

..oh um
07-18-2012-Lin-Jersey1.gif

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
It's funny that the bandwagon fans have decided to either join the Rockets who basically screwed us and forced Lin to sign with them or the Nets who will continue to suck donkey dick without Howard. Jesus Christ, at least join the Heat or the Thunder. Even the Lakers would be a great home for a bandwagon fan. By choosing the Nets or Rockets, you've not only lost your dignity (if you ever had any) but have the decision making skills of a 13 year old girl with her parents' credit card.