F*ck this shiii, i'm taking my talents elsewhere!

KingCharles34

All Star
And there you have it folks....Not a KNICKS fan, NOT even a BASKETBALL FAN. Us REAL KNICK FANS will all throw in a DOLLAR apiece on your new ROCKETS LIN JERSEY(the red will match your ARSENAL collection) if you PROMISE to never POST your "I HATE MELO" BS here on KO.COM EVER AGAIN.:) PM me your address so I send the first dollar and sign it.:) Great thread! rep point given

Jim for once Im with u on this, and i seen what happened in that other thread too with this orangeslob. Dudes the worst poster on this site

Paul1355

All Star
WHATEVER YO. This place will be crashing without Lin and Fields FO SHO. We're moving to rocketsonline.com. Linsanity, ROLL OUT!

..oh um

go root for a ROckets team that won't make the playoffs for years while I will be laughing at the thought of this idiotic comment by you when Knicks are in the playoffs doing work without LIn.....beat it

wynton

Rookie
It's funny that the bandwagon fans have decided to either join the Rockets who basically screwed us and forced Lin to sign with them or the Nets who will continue to suck donkey dick without Howard. Jesus Christ, at least join the Heat or the Thunder. Even the Lakers would be a great home for a bandwagon fan. By choosing the Nets or Rockets, you've not only lost your dignity (if you ever had any) but have the decision making skills of a 13 year old girl with her parents' credit card.

Or maybe you just have no understanding why the "bandwagon fans" might stop following the Knicks, and/or rooting for another team.

Hint: it was never about finding the team with the best winning percentage.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Or maybe you just have no understanding why the "bandwagon fans" might stop following the Knicks, and/or rooting for another team.

Quite frankly, we dont give a **** what the reason is
tumblr_m77j0fOg4j1rzjlc4o1_500.gif

NYNYK

Benchwarmer

Explain to me how rooting for the Houston Rockets who were the ones who put that poison pill in the contract in the first place, AND also were the ones to last cut Lin, makes sense. Their primary intention was to take him away from New York and add his marketability to their city. If you think they wanted him for basketball reasons then you are a fool. Yes he's a good PG and could become better but if they really cared about basketball they would have added more pieces to complement him. Instead they are now trying to get Omar Asik from the Bulls and used their amnesty clause on Luis Scola who had a pretty good year. And they're now banking on Dwight (who will end up on the Lakers) or Bynum who mentioned that the Rockets are the top 3 teams meaning they have a 33% to sign him. Also he's not Dwight.

No, what they'll do is feed off his popularity and then if he turns out to be a flop or gets injured they'll trade him away before his contract is up.

And rooting for the Nets is stupid as well especially now that it seems they won't get Dwight and they're over the luxury tax. The only player worth rooting for there is Deron Williams. So yes, it is all about winning % when choosing another team. Why root for another team that will continually disappoint you as a fan when they never make the playoffs? It's like rooting for the Bobcats because you love Michael Jordan.

Btw, where were the Lin fans who followed him when he was on the Warriors and the Rockets? It seems that the instant he started getting success in NY everyone jumped on but when he was quietly sitting in the bench or in the D League 80% of the so-called Lin fans didn't even know who he was. That sounds like bandwagon to me.

wynton

Rookie
Explain to me how rooting for the Houston Rockets who were the ones who put that poison pill in the contract in the first place, AND also were the ones to last cut Lin, makes sense.

First of all, I should admit that it's quite possible that I'll still be rooting for the Knicks come October; at the moment, I'm too angry to be sure.

Second, I don't know enough about Houston to say whether I'd root for them. I'm definitely curious about Lin and will want to see how he develops. But whether I could actually cheer for Houston, the Nets or any other team brings me to this:

And rooting for the Nets is stupid as well especially now that it seems they won't get Dwight and they're over the luxury tax. The only player worth rooting for there is Deron Williams. So yes, it is all about winning % when choosing another team. Why root for another team that will continually disappoint you as a fan when they never make the playoffs?

You're partly right. I don't want to root for a team that has no hope ever of improving and contending. And as I keep saying, that's what angers me so much about the Lin decision. I feel now that there is no hope for the Knicks contending until this core is dismantled (and probably not until Dolan somehow is out of the picture). You may disagree with my pessimism, but that is my analysis. I feel certain that this collection of players has no chance of reaching the finals and a rebuilding will have to occur several years from now.

Even worse, I suspect that Dolan will NEVER allow the team to rebuild in a sensible way, but will keep importing aged players, thinking that the fans are satisfied with just making the playoffs. To me, that's much, much worse than hitting bottom and starting from scratch. And that is a truly hopeless situation.

If my anger does not subside, I may just watch random NBA games without really rooting for anyone. But if I had to pick a team to follow, I would not just switch to a team with the highest winning percentage today. I'd try to find a young team with potential, playing in a system that highlighted passing and defense. It would be a great bonus if I also liked the personality of the players, but that's probably asking too much.

If the Nets don't fit that description, then I won't watch them either.

The key is some hope that a franchise has some clue what to do. I had no problem following the Knicks when Donnie Walsh was running things - even though the winning percentage was bad - because I knew he was taking the sensible, long-term approach and, therefore, there was hope. I do not have that belief or hope any longer.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
First of all, I should admit that it's quite possible that I'll still be rooting for the Knicks come October; at the moment, I'm too angry to be sure.

Second, I don't know enough about Houston to say whether I'd root for them. I'm definitely curious about Lin and will want to see how he develops. But whether I could actually cheer for Houston, the Nets or any other team brings me to this:

You're partly right. I don't want to root for a team that has no hope ever of improving and contending. And as I keep saying, that's what angers me so much about the Lin decision. I feel now that there is no hope for the Knicks contending until this core is dismantled (and probably not until Dolan somehow is out of the picture). You may disagree with my pessimism, but that is my analysis. I feel certain that this collection of players has no chance of reaching the finals and a rebuilding will have to occur several years from now.

Even worse, I suspect that Dolan will NEVER allow the team to rebuild in a sensible way, but will keep importing aged players, thinking that the fans are satisfied with just making the playoffs. To me, that's much, much worse than hitting bottom and starting from scratch. And that is a truly hopeless situation.

If my anger does not subside, I may just watch random NBA games without really rooting for anyone. But if I had to pick a team to follow, I would not just switch to a team with the highest winning percentage today. I'd try to find a young team with potential, playing in a system that highlighted passing and defense. It would be a great bonus if I also liked the personality of the players, but that's probably asking too much.

If the Nets don't fit that description, then I won't watch them either.

The key is some hope that a franchise has some clue what to do. I had no problem following the Knicks when Donnie Walsh was running things - even though the winning percentage was bad - because I knew he was taking the sensible, long-term approach and, therefore, there was hope. I do not have that belief or hope any longer.

You can't say there's no hope until next season. I hated the Lin decision (and still do) but I can't discount the other moves that we've made (getting Camby, Kidd, maybe even Felton but we'll see) given what we've had to work with. I agreed with every move we had up until the Lin decision.

This my BIGGEST problem with our fanbase. People are acting like the franchise is dead when we still have some players to work with. If we don't make it past first round next season and you are inclined to stop watching the NBA or rooting for the Knicks then I would understand your decision. I would not join you but I would understand.

But we've made this huge thing out of losing one player and all of a sudden our whole team is a failure. We all know Dolan is a POS owner but he doesn't coach the team he just puts the players together. And our guys have been working their a$$es off in the off season. It's not fair to them for their fans automatically lose hope just because we lost 1 player albeit a young and promising one. They had nothing to do with it.

Melo and JR may have said some stupid things but ultimately it's up to the owner to decide whether to match because it comes out of his pocket. Also,all they said was it was a ridiculous contract, which it was. Lin came off a knee injury which forced him to miss the playoffs and last season was basically his rookie season and it was a shortened season yet Houston offered him $25 million.

And again, they did this for his potential revenue generation not his basketball play. If he was black or white ethnicity and he had the same story Houston could give 2 ***** about him. And that's a fact any way you spin it. He put up great numbers but there are several instances of one hit wonders and players getting injured before reaching their potential in every sport (See Penny Hardaway).

Lin may have not been a one hit wonder but the guy had a torn meniscus which required surgery. He stated that he couldn't run or jump for 6 weeks. The Knicks could afford that risk which is why I supported matching the offer because we had Kidd and Felton to split his minutes, the revenue would offset the risk, and there were ways to avoid that balloon payment. But Houston got rid of Lowry so now they have to run off Lin. But they don't care because they'll be a big market again and attract the Asian audience so long as he starts whether they lose or not. So why support Houston when you know they're being selfish too?

Again if next season we fail to make it out of the first round again, there are no excuses left to give and I won't pile hate on anyone who wants to stop supporting us. But don't just give up before the season even starts.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
You can't say there's no hope until next season. I hated the Lin decision (and still do) but I can't discount the other moves that we've made (getting Camby, Kidd, maybe even Felton but we'll see) given what we've had to work with. I agreed with every move we had up until the Lin decision.

This my BIGGEST problem with our fanbase. People are acting like the franchise is dead when we still have some players to work with. If we don't make it past first round next season and you are inclined to stop watching the NBA or rooting for the Knicks then I would understand your decision. I would not join you but I would understand.

But we've made this huge thing out of losing one player and all of a sudden our whole team is a failure. We all know Dolan is a POS owner but he doesn't coach the team he just puts the players together. And our guys have been working their a$$es off in the off season. It's not fair to them for their fans automatically lose hope just because we lost 1 player albeit a young and promising one. They had nothing to do with it.

Melo and JR may have said some stupid things but ultimately it's up to the owner to decide whether to match because it comes out of his pocket. Also,all they said was it was a ridiculous contract, which it was. Lin came off a knee injury which forced him to miss the playoffs and last season was basically his rookie season and it was a shortened season yet Houston offered him $25 million.

And again, they did this for his potential revenue generation not his basketball play. If he was black or white ethnicity and he had the same story Houston could give 2 ***** about him. And that's a fact any way you spin it. He put up great numbers but there are several instances of one hit wonders and players getting injured before reaching their potential in every sport (See Penny Hardaway).

Lin may have not been a one hit wonder but the guy had a torn meniscus which required surgery. He stated that he couldn't run or jump for 6 weeks. The Knicks could afford that risk which is why I supported matching the offer because we had Kidd and Felton to split his minutes, the revenue would offset the risk, and there were ways to avoid that balloon payment. But Houston got rid of Lowry so now they have to run off Lin. But they don't care because they'll be a big market again and attract the Asian audience so long as he starts whether they lose or not. So why support Houston when you know they're being selfish too?

Again if next season we fail to make it out of the first round again, there are no excuses left to give and I won't pile hate on anyone who wants to stop supporting us. But don't just give up before the season even starts.

best post ever.:gony::gony::gony: