The faggotry on this board...

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
MSG stock down 3.3% equivalent to 90 million dollars since Lin announcement...

Dolan is a dunce man. The smartest move would of been to keep him and trade him but they didn't cause they couldn't get a handshake agreement from anyone to take him.... what kind of bush league sh*t is the Knicks FO trying to pass as srategy?

Ehh, stocks. Agreed, should have just matched, let the contract run it's course, the team is setup with a 3 year window. 3 years is a long time in NBA time, don't think they even needed a handshake deal to match. 3 years is a long time to work on a deal.

Wargames

Starter
Ehh, stocks. Agreed, should have just matched, let the contract run it's course, the team is setup with a 3 year window. 3 years is a long time in NBA time, don't think they even needed a handshake deal to match. 3 years is a long time to work on a deal.

Thats what I mean they let a good asset go for nothing... nothing at all. I mean they couldn't get a pick from a lottery team or something.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Thats what I mean they let a good asset go for nothing... nothing at all. I mean they couldn't get a pick from a lottery team or something.

And as handcuffed as they are with the lux tax now, any chip helps. The only thing coming is the annual tax paying exception to sign players.

STAT1

Starter

you had Dantoni who is a PG minded coach.

Dantoni ran the offense through Lin and it was like ok what do we need Carmelo for? shouldn't we trade him? is he now suppose to be a catch and shoot player, taking away from his other strengths. Dantoni used Lin as if he were steve Nash and Carmelo as if he were "jared dudley"

so now we have Woodson

Woodson prefers running the ball through our star players "carmelo and Amare" so it's like ok? whats the point in having Lin?

Running your offense through your best players. Wow, there's a novel concept. How dare Mike Woodson conceive of such a notion? He obviously knows nothing about how to run a basketball team. ;)

Just playing bro, no dig at you, just funny that some people are actually mad that Woodson took the ball out of Lin's hands & put it into the hands of his top players. The only reason Mike D experimented with Lin was because he was all out of options. STAT & Melo were both out, he had to try something. I give him credit for having the balls to give Jeremy a shot, but that's about it. Linsanity was something that no one could have ever predicted. Not even a Hollywood script would have made what was about to unfold even remotely believable. Lin balled out for a nice stretch, but playing that style of basketball was never going to last, as the Miami Heat quickly made obvious to us.

IMO we all should just appreciate what Lin gave us & leave it at that. The team will see more longterm success by doing exactly what Mike Woodson is doing with this team, focusing on a more structured offense & having a defensive oriented mindset. That is what most good teams do in the NBA, not letting your PG run wild with the ball & shoot at will while turning the ball over on every other possession. That's a gimmick system that will quickly get exposed.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
Running your offense through your best players. Wow, there's a novel concept. How dare Mike Woodson conceive of such a notion? He obviously knows nothing about how to run a basketball team. ;)

Just playing bro, no dig at you, just funny that some people are actually mad that Woodson took the ball out of Lin's hands & put it into the hands of his top players. The only reason Mike D experimented with Lin was because he was all out of options. STAT & Melo were both out, he had to try something. I give him credit for having the balls to give Jeremy a shot, but that's about it. Linsanity was something that no one could have ever predicted. Not even a Hollywood script would have made what was about to unfold even remotely believable. Lin balled out for a nice stretch, but playing that style of basketball was never going to last, as the Miami Heat quickly made obvious to us.

IMO we all should just appreciate what Lin gave us & leave it at that. The team will see more longterm success by doing exactly what Mike Woodson is doing with this team, focusing on a more structured offense & having a defensive oriented mindset. That is what most good teams do in the NBA, not letting your PG run wild with the ball & shoot at will while turning the ball over on every other possession. That's a gimmick system that will quickly get exposed.

No doubt, D'Antoni, reached into the grab bag to figure out if can save the season, it was doom, with options 1-2 and 3 out of action. Now Woodson has to figure out who's 1 and 2 between Melo and Amare. I think the obvious is Melo. Now this is where having Kidd around as a quasi coach helps because he'll work some of that Olympic magic and help Woodson how to best use Amare and Melo together. My preference is to allow the PG's to work the offensive initiation for the first 40 minutes, allow Melo to feel his way through, see what the defense is giving him, then when the last 8 rolls in, it's all Melo wherever he feels he has an advantage.

STAT1

Starter
No doubt, D'Antoni, reached into the grab bag to figure out if can save the season, it was doom, with options 1-2 and 3 out of action. Now Woodson has to figure out who's 1 and 2 between Melo and Amare. I think the obvious is Melo. Now this is where having Kidd around as a quasi coach helps because he'll work some of that Olympic magic and help Woodson how to best use Amare and Melo together. My preference is to allow the PG's to work the offensive initiation for the first 40 minutes, allow Melo to feel his way through, see what the defense is giving him, then when the last 8 rolls in, it's all Melo wherever he feels he has an advantage.

I think Kidd & Felton will figure out how to get the ball into their top 2 players' hands early & often. I think the key may be to get STAT the ball early & let him get into a rhythm, then let Melo be the closer. Felton & JR will create their shots in between to keep the defenses honest. I agree with you the addition of Kidd is like having another coach out on the floor. If he can't get these guys to play together, I give up on the notion that they can ever co-exist. We've all seen good flashes out of them so I think there's hope for this to work out.

iSaYughh

Starter
Jeremy Lin was as close as the Knicks will ever get to having a Chris Paul. The incompetence of u dating a virgin woman for a year and your homeboy comes along to pop her cherry.

Winning the arbitration for Birds Rights became a waste of great luck when our Knicks management incompetence showed no interest at all in one of the NBA biggest $$$ comodities since Lebron & MJ.

Did Lin-Sanity lose any fans? Hell No! he gained more.
Did the Knicks lose any fans? Hell yeah! watch all the Knicks jerseys in the new Brooklyn Nets stadium.

Interim Grunwald would not be the Knicks new GM if there was no Jeremy Lin...

Goddamn, Kiya.

You are lighting it the **** up, good sir. :thumbsup:

I officially rescind every negative thing I ever said about, for how spot on you have been about our ownership and the *true* meaning of the Lin situation (and our whole off-season). :smokin:

iSaYughh

Starter

1st bold: Lin might have cost the Knicks 43 mill in the 3rd year. Fixed that for you. There are things you can do to make sure this doesnt happen.

2nd bold: So the heat backcourt exposing Lin, would this be similar to how the Heat Front Court exposed Melo? You wanted him to play at less than 100%/ wouldnt that make him likely to be exposed by the Heat backcourt more likely?

+1, same to you.

JimQueef is too caught up in his racist fantasies to care what is and isn't true.

Re: Lin's injury....he wasn't even cleared by doctors to play, let alone make a judgement call between himself n the team if he should. Dumbass. His 85% comment was obviously about being 85% healthy.....you know, to recovering from a meniscus tear and surgery.

Stop flapping your gums, Jimbo, you expose yourself to be worse and worse whenever you go through a posting spell and say **** ranging from dumb and innacurate to out and out bigotry.

STAT1

Starter
[B said:
Clyde & The Pearl[/B]]
2nd bold: So the heat backcourt exposing Lin, would this be similar to how the Heat Front Court exposed Melo?

Melo was missing Lin, Shump, STAT, Jeffries & had a sick Tyson Chandler & gimpy slow Baron Davis on the court with him & the Heat had all 3 of their superstars healthy. I fail to see how anyone could possibly think they "exposed" Melo when he was pretty much going 1 on 3 for most of the series (speaking in star player terms)