Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The faggotry on this board...

Originally Posted by JujuXG
    Money is not a issue when the money generated by Lin out-weight the cost.

Can we even beat the heat in a 7 game series with lin?
    Are you a doctor? are you lin? Do you truly know the extend of the injury?
    How much more money are the Knicks going to generate for themselves with Lin around? All gear revenue is split 30 ways. MSG is sold out next season, unless you double the price of beer, concessions is pretty much set. The winners would be the businesses surrounding the facility, ticket scalpers, and the media. Do you add on another $5 "Lin surcharge" to cable rates? Do you raise ticket prices 10% in 13-14 and 14-15?

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    How much more money are the Knicks going to generate for themselves with Lin around? All gear revenue is split 30 ways. MSG is sold out next season, unless you double the price of beer, concessions is pretty much set. The winners would be the businesses surrounding the facility, ticket scalpers, and the media. Do you add on another $5 "Lin surcharge" to cable rates? Do you raise ticket prices 10% in 13-14 and 14-15?
    MSG stock down 3.3% equivalent to 90 million dollars since Lin announcement...

Dolan is a dunce man. The smartest move would of been to keep him and trade him but they didn't cause they couldn't get a handshake agreement from anyone to take him.... what kind of bush league sh*t is the Knicks FO trying to pass as srategy?

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl

Well maybe we should have decided on a different coach. Giving up young assets because your coach cant devise a system where everyone can gel is asinine. I really hope this isbnt why we made this boneheaded move...
    The truth is this Knick team we have structured does not compliment each other... like none of our pieces go with the other, which is why our offense struggles at times.

Lin does not work with Carmelo, Carmelo does not work with Amare or Lin, Amare does not work with Chandler.

Lin thrives with the ball in his hands

Carmelo thrives with the ball in his hands

Stat thrives with the ball in his hands and a center that can stretch the floor

so to me it really doesn't matter what coach you have.

you had Dantoni who is a PG minded coach.

Dantoni ran the offense through Lin and it was like ok what do we need Carmelo for? shouldn't we trade him? is he now suppose to be a catch and shoot player, taking away from his other strengths. Dantoni used Lin as if he were steve Nash and Carmelo as if he were "jared dudley"

so now we have Woodson

Woodson prefers running the ball through our star players "carmelo and Amare" so it's like ok? whats the point in having Lin? Lin thrived with the ball in his hand and attacking the basket, making all the decisions.. so how does he compliment carmelo? is Lin now suppose to just play the "mario Chalmers" role and pass to the star players on the team and pick his spots in when he wants to attack the basket, Lin is not that type of player he's not a catch and shoot PG so how does he compliment melo if he prefers to have the ball in his hands?

The pieces don't fit on this team, we get by at times from "pure talent alone"

Lin is set up perfectly in Houston where he can run the offense his way, and feel more comfortable

He's making 25 mill in Houston to play up to his potential and free roam, im honestly more comfortable with him being there and making that kind of money, Than him being here in New York making that kind of money while playing a limited role for this team.

I would of matched Lin for long time purposes because in 3 years when our big contracts are expiring (amare, Melo, Chandler) we would of had a legit chance to build off Lin and Shump while were in rebuilding mode.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 18, 2012 at 13:45.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    You put your heart and soul into this team for years and to have something this stupid happen totally PMO. I really want to know TRUTHFULLY why this decision was made.
    I don't know the details, but this is what I put together from the last 2 weeks:
    Melo called Lin's contract ridiculous. JR Smith questioning Lin's length of service and being rewarded with the contract. This is Melo's team. Lockerroom is one aspect.

The Rockets negotiation phase and subsequent 2nd offer. July 5, first offer sits at 4 years 28 million, 19 guaranteed. Breaksdown 5-5-9 and 9(unguaranteed). Tough to swallow and but matchable. Woodson publicly states they'll match that. Morey goes back behind closed doors, reworks a tougher poison pill, thus the possible delay in getting that offer sheet done, should have been done July 11, but didn't come out until July 15. Seems now there's in will between the Rockets and Knicks, Knicks citing unspoken rule of the moratorium period. Woodson should have just shut his mouth and let the deal ride.

The tax is an issue as well. But when you have Melo, Tyson and Amare with 3 years remaining on their deals, Kidd, and Camby signing for 3 years, you have a 3 year window to take it all. It's not consistent with what the Knicks have done in the past Jerome James, Eddy Curry, small sample size rewarded big. At the end, get some value for losing him. For crissakes, the Mavs were able to score Darren Collison for Ian Mahinmi.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    The truth is this Knick team we have structured does not compliment each other... like none of our pieces go with the other, which is why our offense struggles at times.

It's frustrating for us longtime Knicks fans that FO kept making stupid moves. There was never any longterm plan. It's almost like the George Steinbrenner days back in the 80s. Get star players and let them figure out the chemistry issues. Only in basketball, you really need the right chemistry for championship level team work.

Now we are going to win it all according to some posters here because we finally have the right pieces. We are stronger because of Lin's departure. Why am I having a difficult time buying into that sales pitch?

Originally Posted by Wargames
    MSG stock down 3.3% equivalent to 90 million dollars since Lin announcement...

Dolan is a dunce man. The smartest move would of been to keep him and trade him but they didn't cause they couldn't get a handshake agreement from anyone to take him.... what kind of bush league sh*t is the Knicks FO trying to pass as srategy?
    Ehh, stocks. Agreed, should have just matched, let the contract run it's course, the team is setup with a 3 year window. 3 years is a long time in NBA time, don't think they even needed a handshake deal to match. 3 years is a long time to work on a deal.

Default Goin' down with Jimmy

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ehh, stocks. Agreed, should have just matched, let the contract run it's course, the team is setup with a 3 year window. 3 years is a long time in NBA time, don't think they even needed a handshake deal to match. 3 years is a long time to work on a deal.
    Thats what I mean they let a good asset go for nothing... nothing at all. I mean they couldn't get a pick from a lottery team or something.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    someone in the comments section said its a $305 million decrease.... Dolan the Dunce strikes again.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Thats what I mean they let a good asset go for nothing... nothing at all. I mean they couldn't get a pick from a lottery team or something.
    And as handcuffed as they are with the lux tax now, any chip helps. The only thing coming is the annual tax paying exception to sign players.

Lin is trash, can't wait till he's exposed next season

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718

you had Dantoni who is a PG minded coach.

Dantoni ran the offense through Lin and it was like ok what do we need Carmelo for? shouldn't we trade him? is he now suppose to be a catch and shoot player, taking away from his other strengths. Dantoni used Lin as if he were steve Nash and Carmelo as if he were "jared dudley"

so now we have Woodson

Woodson prefers running the ball through our star players "carmelo and Amare" so it's like ok? whats the point in having Lin?
    Running your offense through your best players. Wow, there's a novel concept. How dare Mike Woodson conceive of such a notion? He obviously knows nothing about how to run a basketball team.

Just playing bro, no dig at you, just funny that some people are actually mad that Woodson took the ball out of Lin's hands & put it into the hands of his top players. The only reason Mike D experimented with Lin was because he was all out of options. STAT & Melo were both out, he had to try something. I give him credit for having the balls to give Jeremy a shot, but that's about it. Linsanity was something that no one could have ever predicted. Not even a Hollywood script would have made what was about to unfold even remotely believable. Lin balled out for a nice stretch, but playing that style of basketball was never going to last, as the Miami Heat quickly made obvious to us.

IMO we all should just appreciate what Lin gave us & leave it at that. The team will see more longterm success by doing exactly what Mike Woodson is doing with this team, focusing on a more structured offense & having a defensive oriented mindset. That is what most good teams do in the NBA, not letting your PG run wild with the ball & shoot at will while turning the ball over on every other possession. That's a gimmick system that will quickly get exposed.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Running your offense through your best players. Wow, there's a novel concept. How dare Mike Woodson conceive of such a notion? He obviously knows nothing about how to run a basketball team.

Just playing bro, no dig at you, just funny that some people are actually mad that Woodson took the ball out of Lin's hands & put it into the hands of his top players. The only reason Mike D experimented with Lin was because he was all out of options. STAT & Melo were both out, he had to try something. I give him credit for having the balls to give Jeremy a shot, but that's about it. Linsanity was something that no one could have ever predicted. Not even a Hollywood script would have made what was about to unfold even remotely believable. Lin balled out for a nice stretch, but playing that style of basketball was never going to last, as the Miami Heat quickly made obvious to us.

IMO we all should just appreciate what Lin gave us & leave it at that. The team will see more longterm success by doing exactly what Mike Woodson is doing with this team, focusing on a more structured offense & having a defensive oriented mindset. That is what most good teams do in the NBA, not letting your PG run wild with the ball & shoot at will while turning the ball over on every other possession. That's a gimmick system that will quickly get exposed.
    No doubt, D'Antoni, reached into the grab bag to figure out if can save the season, it was doom, with options 1-2 and 3 out of action. Now Woodson has to figure out who's 1 and 2 between Melo and Amare. I think the obvious is Melo. Now this is where having Kidd around as a quasi coach helps because he'll work some of that Olympic magic and help Woodson how to best use Amare and Melo together. My preference is to allow the PG's to work the offensive initiation for the first 40 minutes, allow Melo to feel his way through, see what the defense is giving him, then when the last 8 rolls in, it's all Melo wherever he feels he has an advantage.

No doubt, D'Antoni, reached into the grab bag to figure out if can save the season, it was doom, with options 1-2 and 3 out of action. Now Woodson has to figure out who's 1 and 2 between Melo and Amare. I think the obvious is Melo. Now this is where having Kidd around as a quasi coach helps because he'll work some of that Olympic magic and help Woodson how to best use Amare and Melo together. My preference is to allow the PG's to work the offensive initiation for the first 40 minutes, allow Melo to feel his way through, see what the defense is giving him, then when the last 8 rolls in, it's all Melo wherever he feels he has an advantage.
    I think Kidd & Felton will figure out how to get the ball into their top 2 players' hands early & often. I think the key may be to get STAT the ball early & let him get into a rhythm, then let Melo be the closer. Felton & JR will create their shots in between to keep the defenses honest. I agree with you the addition of Kidd is like having another coach out on the floor. If he can't get these guys to play together, I give up on the notion that they can ever co-exist. We've all seen good flashes out of them so I think there's hope for this to work out.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Jeremy Lin was as close as the Knicks will ever get to having a Chris Paul. The incompetence of u dating a virgin woman for a year and your homeboy comes along to pop her cherry.

Winning the arbitration for Birds Rights became a waste of great luck when our Knicks management incompetence showed no interest at all in one of the NBA biggest $$$ comodities since Lebron & MJ.

Did Lin-Sanity lose any fans? Hell No! he gained more.
    Did the Knicks lose any fans? Hell yeah! watch all the Knicks jerseys in the new Brooklyn Nets stadium.

Interim Grunwald would not be the Knicks new GM if there was no Jeremy Lin...
    Goddamn, Kiya.

You are lighting it the **** up, good sir.

I officially rescind every negative thing I ever said about, for how spot on you have been about our ownership and the *true* meaning of the Lin situation (and our whole off-season).