Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bspn

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    Before LIN emerged from nowhere, what was the Knicks record again?
    After Lin and STAT got injured what was the knicks record to finish up the season?

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Joe Johnson is one of those rare players that can guarentee any team 30 more wins.
    There isn't a player in the NBA that can guarantee any team 30 more wins other than maybe Lebron or Dwight Howard. Joe Johnson? Do you really think the Hawks will go from being a 40 win team to being a 10-15 win team this year just because they lost Joe Johnson? I don't see the Nets winning 52 games this season after having come from only winning 22 last year without him. That's just way too optimistic. I would estimate about 40-45 wins out of the Nets at best.

Originally Posted by overratedmelo
    i dont think its even a debate the nets are a much better put together team
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets win all four games against the Knicks next season. There is anyone on the Knicks' roster who can guard Dwill and Joe Johnson except for Iman Shumpert but do you expect Shump to ever have a healthy NBA career? Amar'e Stoudemire will allow guys like Gerald Wallace and Brook Lopez to score 30 + points on him.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    There isn't a player in the NBA that can guarantee any team 30 more wins other than maybe Lebron or Dwight Howard. Joe Johnson? Do you really think the Hawks will go from being a 40 win team to being a 10-15 win team this year just because they lost Joe Johnson? I don't see the Nets winning 52 games this season after having come from only winning 22 last year without him. That's just way too optimistic. I would estimate about 40-45 wins out of the Nets at best.
    Before Joe Johnson became an Atlanta Hawk the Hawks were a 13 win team. He singlehandedly transformed them into a 45 win team. The Hawks won't be a 10-15 win team but I guarentee that they will not make the playoffs in the next few years. With JJ and Deron the Nets have the second best frontcourt in the NBA behind the Miami Heat. I don't really see any team in the East that can give the Nets problems besides the Heat and the Celtics.

Veteran

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    This.

But their prediction isn't ridiculous either. We have a ton of question marks, and weren't exactly a juggernaut last year.

And we just lost the one player who catapulted perhaps our seasons' biggest and most important winning stretch. That's a fact. Whether you think we need him or not.

I think we have the talent and ability to be a 4, even a 3 seed, but would I be shocked if we were the 5th, 6th....even 7th? Absolutely not. And I'd bet on us finishing 7th before finishing 3rd any day of the week.

Also, nobody talks about it, but Tyson Chandler's health is a concern, too (despite his exceptional play *and* exceptional health last year).

Betting on Knicks to finish higher than 5 would be a real bad bet, IMO. Even higher than 6.

I hope we finish 3, though.
    I agree, no ring for sure, outside shot at a division championship.

If Felton plays like he did in Portland, 6-8 seed best case. Felton plays like the 2010 Felton, division champions.

My concern is with this roster is we have a 1 year window not a 3 year window. Melo, Stat and Chandler won't win a championship by themselves and I think JKidd and Camby's best year as Knicks will be next year.

Before Joe Johnson became an Atlanta Hawk the Hawks were a 13 win team. He singlehandedly transformed them into a 45 win team. The Hawks won't be a 10-15 win team but I guarentee that they will not make the playoffs in the next few years. With JJ and Deron the Nets have the second best frontcourt in the NBA behind the Miami Heat. I don't really see any team in the East that can give the Nets problems besides the Heat and the Celtics.
    In '04-05, the Hawks were a 13 win team. They finished with 26 wins the next season when Joe Johnson joined the team. The year after that they finished with 30 wins, & the year after that 37 wins. It wasn't until 4 years after Joe Johnson joined the Hawks that they finally broke out & became a legitimate playoff contender finishing with 47 wins. Maybe it's not so much Joe Johnson, but a natural progression of the improvement in players of cornerstone young talent like Al Horford & Josh Smith, along with the excellent coaching of Mike Woodson? Just a thought.

Frontcourt, you mean backcourt?

On paper, they should have the best backcourt. King's put together a nice roster. Getting a banger like Evans to go with Teletovic and hump. Question is depth and does Lopez rest on the laurels of his contract while not getting as much touches as before.

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    Before LIN emerged from nowhere, what was the Knicks record again?
    We had no Point guard and Toney Douglas was underachieving?

Veteran

Originally Posted by STAT1
    In '04-05, the Hawks were a 13 win team. They finished with 26 wins the next season when Joe Johnson joined the team. The year after that they finished with 30 wins, & the year after that 37 wins. It wasn't until 4 years after Joe Johnson joined the Hawks that they finally broke out & became a legitimate playoff contender finishing with 47 wins. Maybe it's not so much Joe Johnson, but a natural progression of the improvement in players of cornerstone young talent like Al Horford & Josh Smith, along with the excellent coaching of Mike Woodson? Just a thought.
    Exactly it wasn't just Joe Johnson, it was Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mike Bibby back when he could still play...

Lets be reality...We're gonna be stuck somewhere between mediocre and great for a while

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Lets be reality...We're gonna be stuck somewhere between mediocre and great for a while
    Unfortunately this. I can see why people aren't high on us after how high the expectations were for us when we first acquired Melo to go with Stat and how we quite frankly haven't lived up to them at this point. It's up to the Players to shut them up. We as fans just have to hope they do.

anyone listening to their radio show right now? they talk about the jeremy lin situation, stephen a is so biased it's getting really tough to continue listening

Originally Posted by CA7
    Mike and Mike just said we are the 6th or 7th best team in the East

I'm sick of this bull **** from experts
    they are not experts by any means, they just have more sources than others....they are reporters and not basketball scouts.

Knicks are all about not having stagnation in the offense and we have to hope that Felton, Kidd and Prigioni are good enough to never have stagnation. The defense will be there because it all starts with Woodson and he will demand it.

People forget we went 18-6 under Woodson.

I believe we can be anywhere from 2nd to 5th seed....but def not 7th thats ridiculous..we were only 7th because we had such a rollercoaster season and half of it was under Mike D who was sinking our ship.

Originally Posted by rady
    anyone listening to their radio show right now? they talk about the jeremy lin situation, stephen a is so biased it's getting really tough to continue listening
    I always listen to the show, he is bias at times but he does have his moments of making good points S.A.S is pure entertainment lol.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    I always listen to the show, he is bias at times but he does have his moments of making good points S.A.S is pure entertainment lol.

He is hilarious, but I do not his opinions seriously. Entertaining, for sure.