Trade?

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
Does anyone have interesting trade ideas? The Knicks are in need of a real center. The only people that I think are tradable are Tim Thomas and Kurt Thomas, and or maybe Nazr Mohhamed; that is if we get a valuble center for them. I think the Knicks are fine with the guards they currently have. Penny could play some 3 and Ariza would make a decent if not good 3 as well if Tim were to be traded.

As for what they have in the front court; Vin Baker & Nazr are very good bench players but not starting material. Kurt is good but I'm not sure where he'll fit on offense as a jump shooter once Houston is back. Defensvely he's useful though. Not to mention Mike Sweetney is turing out to be a good player. :p

I really can't think of anyone they can afford or get out there as well, but they need a center, unless what they have in the front court can pull out a surprise before Isiah can in a trade! Not that what they have isn't good, just not starting material in order to compete for a title or compete against the bigger teams out there....
(though they can take most of the East with what they have, most being the key word there)

Lemme cut to the chase, ANY TRADE IDEAS!?

kvh_031107.jpg

e_D

Benchwarmer
I read somewhere the Bulls might be interested in trading Eddy Curry. I don't know what
we have that they might want (they need expiring contract crack), but Eddy's got talent.
I dont know how he'd click with our guys though, might not be such a good idea.

dacash

Benchwarmer
well i keep saying abdur rahim wants out of portland try to package him with ratliff for some of our players thatll be a good center power forward combo to go with a great back court

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
personally im not in favor of this but i c it happening midseason..... dampier for kt and maybe a few scrubs involved also

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
maybe.....

The only sensable Eric Dampire trade is Nazr Mohammed and/or Kurt Thomas for Eric Dampire and a grabage player. Leaving "Big Dog" Jerome Williams and Vin Baker at the forwards. (Maybe it's worth it for a center like that) There's also an option of if Ariza is that good, as in 15 points a night and those dunks good, give Tim Thomas away instead of Kurt, or if Mohammed turns out better than Kurt this season, give Tim instead of Mohammed, whichever works, only if Ariza devolps extremley fast. Which isn't very likley. :cry:

kurt_040110.jpg

e_D

Benchwarmer
I can't see a deal being swung for Dampier, unless he performs way before Mark Cuban's standards. The Mav's
picked him up for a reason. They haven't had a solid big man in forever (just like us) so I doubt they'd want to give
him up for some pawns we can offer.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
If there was going to be a trade with the Knicks and a team with a center, I hope they don't trade Kurt. They could trade Tim, because they have a younger SF (Ariza) who has the talent to be an All-Star in the next few years. Trade some of our backup PF's like Vin, J-Williams or even Mohammed. I don't think there is any other PF in the league who can run the Pick-and-Roll with Marbury, better than Kurt. 85% of the time, when Kurt rolls off and he's inside the 3-line, it's an easy 2 points. But hey that's my opinion. If there was a team I think we would trade with, I would have to say Denver. Trade Baker and someone for Nene. Denver's frontcourt is overpacked.

nyfan33

Rookie
the Kings would never trade Brad Miller - not for what the Knicks have to offer. They might consider trading Ostertag though. I know, I know, he's not what you'd call a star - but how many star centres are there in the league at the moment? And the Knicks don't have the cap space to entice one - not without trading one of their own top players. Ostertag is a great shotblocker and solid on the rebounds, which is really what the Knicks need - a tall presence in the post to make slashers think twice before driving in there.

Kurt Thomas for Ostertag isn't exactly a good trade though - but throw in Tim and Nazr and maybe get Wally as well? They'd never go for it though. What the Knicks need is to find a team to trade Kurt to thats trying to free up some cap space (cause his contract will be up at the end of the year) and has a solid bigman and they can strike a deal. I can't think of any that fit that description though (maybe Portland?)

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
What about this...

New York trades: SF Tim Thomas (14.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.6 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
New York receives: C Shawn Bradley (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.7 minutes)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
C Calvin Booth (4.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 17.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -3.7 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

Dallas trades: C Shawn Bradley (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Tim Thomas (14.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 66 games)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Basically you are trading TT for Stack...I like that

Kurt for two centers...sure, they aren't great, but they have some size and would let the Knicks put some differnet looks on the floor.

This would give us a new option, without really taking any option away

e_D

Benchwarmer
Imiss#33 said:
What about this...

New York trades: SF Tim Thomas (14.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.6 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
New York receives: C Shawn Bradley (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -3.7 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

Dallas trades: C Shawn Bradley (3.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 11.7 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Tim Thomas (14.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.9 apg in 66 games)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)

No way. In my opinion, Stackhouse's time is over. We'd also be giving up toughness and consistent midrange jumpers for 2 unproven centers. If we move Kurt, we need to get back something more worthwhile.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'd like to see the Knicks try to steal Samuel Dalembert from the Sixers. He's young and athletic, and would fit in well with the current squad. The other option, which many of us like on knicksonline.com is Stromile Swift of Memphis. Dampier would have been nice, but that will never happen now.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
Going back to the trade with Dallas ...I see everyone's point...my thinking is that we are going to underachieve this year because we have no center...and at this point we are not going to get a Damp or a Swift...we need someone...the trade with Dallas would at least give us a shot....because the more I see of the Knicks...the more I wonder...and worry

e_D

Benchwarmer
WiL8000 said:
I'd like to see the Knicks try to steal Samuel Dalembert from the Sixers. He's young and athletic, and would fit in well with the current squad.

I would love to see Dalembert on our squad. I think he's in store for big things in the near future. But Sixers management isn't foolish enough to give him up, I don't think. My fingers are crossed though.