View Poll Results: Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll

11 14.10%

9 11.54%

16 20.51%

11 14.10%

7 8.97%

3 3.85%

4 5.13%

1 1.28%

6 7.69%

10 12.82%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Originally Posted by New New York
    Haha I love it!!!!

I loved in the interview when he talked about learning from Jason Kidd

He also talked about loving to play defense!

Felton
    Shump
    Chandler

1 pretty good defender and 2 great defenders in our starting 5, the culture or our team has changed fellas!

Say what you want....our PG situation is better this year than last year.

Felton/Kidd/Spanish Dude >Lin/Davis/Bibby/Douglas

Our PG position has improved in terms of Playmaking,Experience and most of all Defense
    as much as I loved Lin, this totally true and I am excited. Felton is a tough player, Lin is crafty. Felton fits in this team as well, he won't jack up shots and be rattled by a Miami heat team.

Knicks fans yesterday: omg **** felton im a nets fan **** the knicks

Knicks fans today: im so excited about felton being on our squad.

Did i miss anything?

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176

Did i miss anything?
    Actually, I'll go out on a limb and say I wanted Felton

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176

Did i miss anything?
    Most of the same fans that wanted to jump ship yesterday because of Lin leaving are still not buying into Felton.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Most of the same fans that wanted to jump ship yesterday because of Lin leaving are still not buying into Felton.
    I wonder where those fans are today...

watching the summer league game and hearing STAT and Felton talk to Breen and Clyde
    was very refreshing. I'm the first to admit I was sorry to see Lin go and Felton come in,
    but I think it's because I was in love with Lin (no homo) and what he brought to the Knicks...
    a winning streak, high hopes, a hometown phenomenon... and when he left to the Rockets,
    I felt like my girlfriend had dumped me, all because of some rich stupid bully who took her away...

but a couple days later, reality is sinking in, and I realize now that having Felton back can
    only lead to great things. Felton talked with Clyde and Breen about playing with STATnMELO
    in high school, he spoke of his confidence of being a great PG, and looking forward to
    playing with Kidd, Chandler, JR and of course, STATnMELO. he's in shape, he talks a winning hand,
    and he reminded me of what the Knicks had at their best when he ran the squad
    (before he was run into the ground by our d'amn coach).

I may call him Felt-ton in jest, but i'm only f*cking around. I really like the guy and i'm glad
    to have him back. feeling better now.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    watching the summer league game and hearing STAT and Felton talk to Breen and Clyde
    was very refreshing. I'm the first to admit I was sorry to see Lin go and Felton come in,
    but I think it's because I was in love with Lin (no homo) and what he brought to the Knicks...
    a winning streak, high hopes, a hometown phenomenon... and when he left to the Rockets,
    I felt like my girlfriend had dumped me, all because of some rich stupid bully who took her away...

but a couple days later, reality is sinking in, and I realize now that having Felton back can
    only lead to great things. Felton talked with Clyde and Breen about playing with STATnMELO
    in high school, he spoke of his confidence of being a great PG, and looking forward to
    playing with Kidd, Chandler, JR and of course, STATnMELO. he's in shape, he talks a winning hand,
    and he reminded me of what the Knicks had at their best when he ran the squad
    (before he was run into the ground by our d'amn coach).

I may call him Felt-ton in jest, but i'm only f*cking around. I really like the guy and i'm glad
    to have him back. feeling better now.
    yay CC, its refreshing to hear optimism!

Default Felton ready to 'shut up' critics

great article about Raymond that also rehashes everything he had to say at summer league game:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by CoolClyde; Jul 20, 2012 at 01:35. Reason: felton byotch pic

Originally Posted by STAT1
    I believe many of us, including myself had initial doubt with Felton because of his weight issue and season in Portland. However, seeing him today at the summer league game completely changed my view of him and the expectations.

Felton is down to almost 200 pounds which is where he was at when he played with us. This is fantastic news and shows that Felton is dedicated like any player in the league.

If he can have a bounce back year and a solid play maker that runs the floor just like he always does, then losing Lin will be a soft blow. We lose the bandwagon fans and still have some great winning basketbal......win/win...not lin/lin

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I believe many of us, including myself had initial doubt with Felton because of his weight issue and season in Portland. However, seeing him today at the summer league game completely changed my view of him and the expectations.

Felton is down to almost 200 pounds which is where he was at when he played with us. This is fantastic news and shows that Felton is dedicated like any player in the league.

If he can have a bounce back year and a solid play maker that runs the floor just like he always does, then losing Lin will be a soft blow. We lose the bandwagon fans and still have some great winning basketbal......win/win...not lin/lin
    Great post +1
    Good to see the optimism with the "The man on a mission" Ray Felton.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Great post +1
    Good to see the optimism with the "The man on a mission" Ray Felton.
    good looks and the optimism is back because Felton strolled in the gym at UNLV looking in shape and smiling.

You could see how BOSS he felt walking in there proving the haters wrong.

Veteran

Jeremy Lin was my favorite player and I'll forever claim that losing him was one of the biggest mistakes made by Grunwald in what was looking like a pretty good off-season.

Raymond Felton is a league-average PG when he's in shape. Hopefully, that's all we need out of him, because the rest is on Carmelo and Amar'e to get it done. I'm glad he's getting in shape now, because there's no way Woodson is the type of guy to let his players get away with showing up to training camp with excess fat.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Jeremy Lin was my favorite player and I'll forever claim that losing him was one of the biggest mistakes made by Grunwald in what was looking like a pretty good off-season.

Raymond Felton is a league-average PG when he's in shape. Hopefully, that's all we need out of him, because the rest is on Carmelo and Amar'e to get it done. I'm glad he's getting in shape now, because there's no way Woodson is the type of guy to let his players get away with showing up to training camp with excess fat.
    Everytime I see your name I think

Veteran

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Everytime I see your name I think

LMFAO

I really should change it. I first used this handle as an internet username about twelve years ago when I was ten (I'm 22 now, lol), and I could never really think of anything cool enough to replace it with. Admittedly, despite being a graduate student in applied mathematics who solves complex statistical problems every day, I still love my Dragon Ball.

^^^ don't change it lol DBZ still rocks have you seen the dragonball Z Abridged videos.... Classics.