View Poll Results: Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll

11 14.10%

9 11.54%

16 20.51%

11 14.10%

7 8.97%

3 3.85%

4 5.13%

1 1.28%

6 7.69%

10 12.82%
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    All this has been posted.
    Missed the Felton thread, my bad

Originally Posted by platnumn
    Missed the Felton thread, my bad

NY17 thats the best current sig anyone has on here....

I think the most important thing with Felton will come in the playoffs when its time to guard Rajon Rondo and Deron Williams. Could always put Shump on Rondo and have Felton guard Terry, but cant do that against the Nets because of Joe Johnson. I also suspect that Miami might give Wade more minutes at PG next year because of Ray Allen.

From what I remember Felton did a better job of guarding Rondo then Douglas, Bibby, Lin, and Davis all did. And if theres any other point guards we had that im forgetting.

On the poll i voted 7...He'll help but hes not the only reason why we wont win a championship. We're built for the 2nd round, but things can change and we'll have to see how hard everybody really worked once the season starts.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    NY17 thats the best current sig anyone has on here....

I think the most important thing with Felton will come in the playoffs when its time to guard Rajon Rondo and Deron Williams. Could always put Shump on Rondo and have Felton guard Terry, but cant do that against the Nets because of Joe Johnson. I also suspect that Miami might give Wade more minutes at PG next year because of Ray Allen.

From what I remember Felton did a better job of guarding Rondo then Douglas, Bibby, Lin, and Davis all did. And if theres any other point guards we had that im forgetting.

On the poll i voted 7...He'll help but hes not the only reason why we wont win a championship. We're built for the 2nd round, but things can change and we'll have to see how hard everybody really worked once the season starts.
    I got 7 too. Before I even read the whole thread.

Felton can cover most 1 n 2's for a a good while, come crunch it's Felt(Kidd) n Brew, until Shump returns. Then we are looking at TWO VERY capable defensive wings in Shump n Brew that can press and cover well the small lineups (miami n ****) while going HUGE with Tyson n Camby. Melo for the frosting on they tip.

We can go HUGE n FAST on D, we have excellent versatility on this roster. Deepest team I've seen since... forever.

^^

Yea I think it just hit me how deep we are, you have some great points. I wasnt even thinking about Brewer before. If Melo and especially Stat were to really work on defense this offseason, we could be a defensive powerhouse...top 5 team in the league defensively. Its a great thing we have Woodson now instead of Dantoni, knicks need to pride themselves on defense. Has to be defense first with the players on this team. And Amare really needs to make a huge effort, he still has the athleticism and strength to be a top PF in the league...just has to stay healthy and play alot smarter. At least Kidd and Felton will make it easier for Stat on offense

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    ^^

Yea I think it just hit me how deep we are, you have some great points. I wasnt even thinking about Brewer before. If Melo and especially Stat were to really work on defense this offseason, we could be a defensive powerhouse...top 5 team in the league defensively. Its a great thing we have Woodson now instead of Dantoni, knicks need to pride themselves on defense. Has to be defense first with the players on this team. And Amare really needs to make a huge effort, he still has the athleticism and strength to be a top PF in the league...just has to stay healthy and play alot smarter. At least Kidd and Felton will make it easier for Stat on offense
    No doubt, we're on the same page.
    Far as STAT goes I think we need to accept the player he is/was.
    Defensively... horrible. But when he had that pop-J working before the the BIG trade...he was HAM, borderline MVP year before last.

I think we can agree that HEALTH is by far the biggest obstacle on a "phenomenal" year.

^

I agree with health being the biggest obstacle. I do think hes doing a great thing by working with the Dream. And i think he might learn a few new things defensively from Woodson and maybe Camby too. I think this team is now better made for Amare offenisively, and one way or another he wont be as bad as last year but again his health....I just hope his back can hold up.

Veteran

Default How can Felton help the Knicks ???

Every NBA's team scout knows what Felton are going to do at the point before Felton does it .. very low creative skillz as a floor leader

Felton's best contribution to the Knicks will be as our SG (Harden/Terry) off the bench as the 6th man. Recall Felton's past service as a Knicks had 20 minutes of Toney Douglas in his backcourt lineup per game.

I voted 9 and when it seemed Ray won't return after we signed Kidd all of a sudden we traded for him. Great to hame him back, he was definately one of my favorite Knickerbockers during the 2010-11 season.

Raymond Felton has lost weight and is motivated to stay healthy and in shape for the Knicks, according to North Carolina coach Roy Williams.
    Williams saw Felton recently in NC, and came away with nothing but praise. "He’ll be fired up," said Williams. "He is fired up right now. He looks great." Felton seems genuinely motivated to erase memories of his stint with the Blazers, which was characterized by lousy play and a lack of confidence -- don't go overboard, but we can safely project an uptick in his numbers this season. Jul 21 - 1:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hayato
    Raymond Felton has lost weight and is motivated to stay healthy and in shape for the Knicks, according to North Carolina coach Roy Williams.
    Williams saw Felton recently in NC, and came away with nothing but praise. "He’ll be fired up," said Williams. "He is fired up right now. He looks great." Felton seems genuinely motivated to erase memories of his stint with the Blazers, which was characterized by lousy play and a lack of confidence -- don't go overboard, but we can safely project an uptick in his numbers this season. Jul 21 - 1:39 PM
    Where did you find that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran

Originally Posted by Hayato

If thats true .... I hope Felton is working on his SG skills, we need 20 minutes of Felton
    at the SG this season, Smith has to give us some fastbreak points sprinting at SF ..
    Camby & K.Thomas are exellent lob-passer on a defensive-rebound. Plus Kidd & Felton
    may turn out to be our best pair guards (SG/PG) to get our frontcourt rotation clicking.

That does not mean Felton should be a Starter.

felton should clrealy be the starting pg

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    If thats true .... I hope Felton is working on his SG skills, we need 20 minutes of Felton
    at the SG this season, Smith has to give us some fastbreak points sprinting at SF ..
    Camby & K.Thomas are exellent lob-passer on a defensive-rebound. Plus Kidd & Felton
    may turn out to be our best pair guards (SG/PG) to get our frontcourt rotation clicking.

That does not mean Felton should be a Starter.
    Well Felton will clearly be the starting PG no matter how many agenda driven posts you make.

Man if we get this Raymond Felton, vintage Amar'e and our new Carmelo along with JR and Novak scoring with consistency then we got a nice offensive core