View Poll Results: Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10

    11 14.10%
  • 9

    9 11.54%
  • 8

    16 20.51%
  • 7

    11 14.10%
  • 6

    7 8.97%
  • 5

    3 3.85%
  • 4

    4 5.13%
  • 3

    1 1.28%
  • 2

    6 7.69%
  • 1

    10 12.82%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 253

Thread: 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

  1. #121
    Member deamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Poland, Warsaw
    Posts
    464
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Won't cry, Felton isn't the fattest.

  2. #122
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Well, Woody announced that Raymond will be our starter. Looks like JR'll be in the first 5 for the majority of the first half of the season, as well.

    Felton
    JR
    Melo
    STAT
    Chandler

    Kidd - Priggers
    Priggers - Kidd? Will The Flight White get a run?
    Novak - Copeland
    Sheed - Big Sexy
    Camby - Sheed

    How much time will Melo see at the 4, I wonder? He played his best ball there last year.

    Questions, questions, questions......

  3. #123
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Well, Woody announced that Raymond will be our starter. Looks like JR'll be in the first 5 for the majority of the first half of the season, as well.

    Felton
    JR
    Melo
    STAT
    Chandler

    Kidd - Priggers
    Priggers - Kidd? Will The Flight White get a run?
    Novak - Copeland
    Sheed - Big Sexy
    Camby - Sheed

    How much time will Melo see at the 4, I wonder? He played his best ball there last year.

    Questions, questions, questions......
    I'm curious as well to how much minutes Melo will get at the 4 and to a lesser extent Amare at the 5.

  4. #124
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by deamon
    Won't cry, Felton isn't the fattest.
    Carmelo's not even fat at all he still just has kind of a chubby voice

  5. #125
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I expect JR to start at 2 guard as well at least until shump comes back and gets into his rhythm. It will be a good opportunity for Smith, hopefully he takes advantage of it and maybe even wins himself the starting job.

  6. #126
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I expect JR to start at 2 guard as well at least until shump comes back and gets into his rhythm. It will be a good opportunity for Smith, hopefully he takes advantage of it and maybe even wins himself the starting job.
    I'm happy for JR to start as long as he spends most of his minutes with the second unit, still need and offensive punch other than Novak there.

  7. #127
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I expect JR to start at 2 guard as well at least until shump comes back and gets into his rhythm. It will be a good opportunity for Smith, hopefully he takes advantage of it and maybe even wins himself the starting job.
    I think we should start Brewer imo so we have a reliable versatile scorer off the bench. Everyone other than Novak who really can't make his own shot, who comes off the bench if we start JR is a more defensive minded player. I think it will better balance our offense/defense so there is never a drop off of one or the other

  8. #128
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I think we should start Brewer imo so we have a reliable versatile scorer off the bench. Everyone other than Novak who really can't make his own shot, who comes off the bench if we start JR is a more defensive minded player. I think it will better balance our offense/defense so there is never a drop off of one or the other
    I agree Brewer is like Sefolosha. He should start and JR should come off the bench and provide instant offense like he did in Denver..

    JR does not have the shot selection to start IMO.

    Oh and Felton looks to be in decent form.

  9. #129
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Yea JR shouldn't start the starters have enough fire power offensively and needs a defensive minded player on the perimeter like Brewer, plus JR brings balance to the bench which is mostly defensive with his scoring.

  10. #130
    Member Fat Elvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Inwood, NY
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have mixed feelings about JR coming off the bench. On one hand, we need someone who can create their own shot with the second unit, to complement guys like Novak who is strictly a catch and shoot type of guy (speaking of which, can we run him off a few screens, please?). On the other hand, I think we really need someone at the 2 who can do two things: play defense, and hit threes to spread the floor to give space for Amare and Melo to operate. JR does both of these things well. Yeah, he jacks up bad shots, but I think he would actually defer to Melo and Stat more if he started. I guess I don't mind him starting overall, though I'm not sure who else can create their own shot off the bench. Either way, I think when Shump gets back if he continue to improve his 3-point shooting, that will be a huge plus for the Knicks.

  11. #131
    Member Fat Elvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Inwood, NY
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I agree Brewer is like Sefolosha. He should start and JR should come off the bench and provide instant offense like he did in Denver..

    JR does not have the shot selection to start IMO.

    Oh and Felton looks to be in decent form.
    I agree that we need a good defender at the 2, but the difference with the Thunder and these Knicks is that the Thunder's bit stars are perimeter players who can hit outside shots. I still think the biggest concern about the Knicks is having enough space for Melo, Chandler and Amare to operate while on the floor together. And I think having a 2 that can hit outside shots to create that space is crucial. Plus, JR does have defensive chops, and I think his shot selection would improve by necessity playing with Melo and Amare.

  12. #132
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Feltons quicker than i expected him to be, cant wait to see the Felton & Amare duo back in action on the court again.

  13. #133
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Felton quietly had a good game against the HEAT. 14 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, 3 steals. He definitely proved he can play against MIA's pesky guards. Good job Raymond, I love you.

  14. #134
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Felton quietly had a good game against the HEAT. 14 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, 3 steals. He definitely proved he can play against MIA's pesky guards. Good job Raymond, I love you.
    Was an impressive comeback without a doubt.

  15. #135
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Ray didnt look fat at all last night...time for the haters to get the pliers to their nuts, the fire to their guts. Broomstick up their butt. Torture...

Similar Threads

  1. Futbol*appreciation*thread
    By KING~POETIQ in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 395
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2014, 17:40
  2. Official Big **** Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 15:55
  3. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 15:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •