View Poll Results: Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll

11 14.10%

9 11.54%

16 20.51%

11 14.10%

7 8.97%

3 3.85%

4 5.13%

1 1.28%

6 7.69%

10 12.82%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Won't cry, Felton isn't the fattest.

Well, Woody announced that Raymond will be our starter. Looks like JR'll be in the first 5 for the majority of the first half of the season, as well.

Felton
    JR
    Melo
    STAT
    Chandler

Kidd - Priggers
    Priggers - Kidd? Will The Flight White get a run?
    Novak - Copeland
    Sheed - Big Sexy
    Camby - Sheed

How much time will Melo see at the 4, I wonder? He played his best ball there last year.

Questions, questions, questions......

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Well, Woody announced that Raymond will be our starter. Looks like JR'll be in the first 5 for the majority of the first half of the season, as well.

Felton
    JR
    Melo
    STAT
    Chandler

Kidd - Priggers
    Priggers - Kidd? Will The Flight White get a run?
    Novak - Copeland
    Sheed - Big Sexy
    Camby - Sheed

How much time will Melo see at the 4, I wonder? He played his best ball there last year.

Questions, questions, questions......
    I'm curious as well to how much minutes Melo will get at the 4 and to a lesser extent Amare at the 5.

Originally Posted by deamon
    Won't cry, Felton isn't the fattest.
    Carmelo's not even fat at all he still just has kind of a chubby voice

I expect JR to start at 2 guard as well at least until shump comes back and gets into his rhythm. It will be a good opportunity for Smith, hopefully he takes advantage of it and maybe even wins himself the starting job.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I expect JR to start at 2 guard as well at least until shump comes back and gets into his rhythm. It will be a good opportunity for Smith, hopefully he takes advantage of it and maybe even wins himself the starting job.
    I'm happy for JR to start as long as he spends most of his minutes with the second unit, still need and offensive punch other than Novak there.

Superstar

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I think we should start Brewer imo so we have a reliable versatile scorer off the bench. Everyone other than Novak who really can't make his own shot, who comes off the bench if we start JR is a more defensive minded player. I think it will better balance our offense/defense so there is never a drop off of one or the other

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    I think we should start Brewer imo so we have a reliable versatile scorer off the bench. Everyone other than Novak who really can't make his own shot, who comes off the bench if we start JR is a more defensive minded player. I think it will better balance our offense/defense so there is never a drop off of one or the other
    I agree Brewer is like Sefolosha. He should start and JR should come off the bench and provide instant offense like he did in Denver..

JR does not have the shot selection to start IMO.

Oh and Felton looks to be in decent form.

Yea JR shouldn't start the starters have enough fire power offensively and needs a defensive minded player on the perimeter like Brewer, plus JR brings balance to the bench which is mostly defensive with his scoring.

I have mixed feelings about JR coming off the bench. On one hand, we need someone who can create their own shot with the second unit, to complement guys like Novak who is strictly a catch and shoot type of guy (speaking of which, can we run him off a few screens, please?). On the other hand, I think we really need someone at the 2 who can do two things: play defense, and hit threes to spread the floor to give space for Amare and Melo to operate. JR does both of these things well. Yeah, he jacks up bad shots, but I think he would actually defer to Melo and Stat more if he started. I guess I don't mind him starting overall, though I'm not sure who else can create their own shot off the bench. Either way, I think when Shump gets back if he continue to improve his 3-point shooting, that will be a huge plus for the Knicks.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I agree Brewer is like Sefolosha. He should start and JR should come off the bench and provide instant offense like he did in Denver..

JR does not have the shot selection to start IMO.

Oh and Felton looks to be in decent form.
    I agree that we need a good defender at the 2, but the difference with the Thunder and these Knicks is that the Thunder's bit stars are perimeter players who can hit outside shots. I still think the biggest concern about the Knicks is having enough space for Melo, Chandler and Amare to operate while on the floor together. And I think having a 2 that can hit outside shots to create that space is crucial. Plus, JR does have defensive chops, and I think his shot selection would improve by necessity playing with Melo and Amare.

Feltons quicker than i expected him to be, cant wait to see the Felton & Amare duo back in action on the court again.

Felton quietly had a good game against the HEAT. 14 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, 3 steals. He definitely proved he can play against MIA's pesky guards. Good job Raymond, I love you.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Felton quietly had a good game against the HEAT. 14 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, 3 steals. He definitely proved he can play against MIA's pesky guards. Good job Raymond, I love you.
    Was an impressive comeback without a doubt.

Ray didnt look fat at all last night...time for the haters to get the pliers to their nuts, the fire to their guts. Broomstick up their butt. Torture...