View Poll Results: Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll

11 14.10%

9 11.54%

16 20.51%

11 14.10%

7 8.97%

3 3.85%

4 5.13%

1 1.28%

6 7.69%

10 12.82%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Default Felton says we cant be satisfied right now

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- The Knicks have grabbed many of the headlines for their 3-0 start -- their best start since 1999 -- and their early success brought out some new media faces to practice on Wednesday, even with the upcoming snowstorm.

But for a team featuring many veteran players, several who've won on the NBA Finals stage, the bigger spotlight is nothing new. The Knicks remain grounded and understand they have a long road ahead.

Starting point guard Raymond Felton put things into perspective after Wednesday's practice.

"We can't be satisfied right now," he said. "We're not going to lay it down like, 'We've got everything figured out.' We still got a long way. We still got to get better on defense, we still got to execute better on offense. We still got a lot of things we got to do. We've got to rebound better.

"There are so many things that we need to do to improve that we can't stop where we're at right now. We want to get better, each and every day. That's why we work so hard in practice. That's why we push each other each and every day in practice."

The guys have been playing as a unit on offense and defense, from the starting five to the second unit, but Marcus Camby said it's all about maintaining that same high level of production night in and night out.

With the Knicks having a few straight days of preparation this week, it will be interesting to see how they start and play Friday night. Many guys talk about how staying in rhythm helps their game -- based largely on playing games close apart -- and the Knicks were in that groove from Friday to Monday. Of course, playing at MSG helps, and the Knicks know the importance of winning at home, especially this season with the tighter race for the Atlantic Division crown.

"That's going to be huge. We've got to use the Garden as our friend and our family," Mike Woodson said recently.

If the Knicks come out strong against the 3-1 Mavericks, and build on that energy and efficiency -- and win -- it will add another layer of optimism that they're practicing the right way, have the ideal personnel and chemistry, and are one of the best teams in the league.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

So far, I've been wrong about Felton, and I hope for the sake of the Knicks that he'll continue to keep proving me wrong. It's a small sample size, but so far this season he's shown nothing but determination.

Superstar

He actually looks better than he ever has.

I guess it was D'Antoni's 7 seconds or less nonsense that turned Felton into a real detestable player. I didn't even really like him when he was a knick the first time because SO.. MANY .. TIMES.. he would just run up to our side of the court and chuck an off balanced shot and a possession would be wasted. It drove me crazy. He took so many dumb unneeded shots but I guess it wasn't really his decision.

He doesn't do that at all anymore. Im very pleased with his shot selection.

Veteran

It's cause he has a coach who focuses less on shot volume and more on distribution and finding the best opportunity.

D'Antoni's system works with one type of player, and that's an all-star PG with an amazing outside shot. In other words, Steve Nash, Steve Nash, and Steve Nash.

Ray Felton's drives to the hole tonight were All Star quality. The Spurs had no answer for his aggression, strength and speed tonight. He made the far more celebrated Parker his wench when the Knicks needed someone to step up.

So proud of the way he's redeemed himself, and the fact that he knew full well what would be expected of him in the mecca.

Hats off to you, Ray.

I was one of those people that liked the Felton deal and thought that many Knicks fans had short term memory when they overlooked what he did for them 2 years ago. He almost made the all-star team and had it not been for the Nuggets being greedy and asking for him in the Melo trade I think the Knicks would have been a much better team than they were from the second half of the 2010-11 until last season. He looks very motivated to be a Knick and if he keeps this up I think he definitely should be an all-star. But I don't want to speak to soon. Hopefully he doesn't feel fatigue later on in the season.

Ray "chip on my shoulder" Felton is doing exactly what he promised. He loves playing for NYC and it shows in his production.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by bluechox2

lmaoooooooo.

Default Felton injured hand MRI to come

Felton suffered a left hand injury during Sunday's game against the Suns and will have an MRI, the New York Newsday reports.

Felton put up 23 points, seven assists and three rebounds in 39 minutes Sunday, but this hand injury sounds somewhat concerning. The Knicks don't play again until Wednesday, but if Felton is forced to miss time, Pablo Prigioni would likely be in line to start at point guard.
    Not the worst timing possible but let's hope he doesn't have to miss time. I want to see Felton running the show against the Nets and Heat so we can see how composed he can be under the heavy defensive pressure.

Feltons the last guy we can afford to have a serious injury, unlike pablo and Kidd felton is capable of breaking down the defense and getting to the basket.

Seems like we become more of a jump shooting team when feltons not on the floor.. suree it's all dandy when the shots are falling but when your going up against defensive teams like Miami etc etc things become tougher and the defense tightens up

@nyknicks: An MRI of Raymond Felton's left hand revealed a contusion and bone bruise. He is listed as day-to-day.

@RFeltonGMBS: Thanks to everyone for checking on me and yes I will be ok. Just a bone bruise and I'm going to take it one day at a time.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @nyknicks: An MRI of Raymond Felton's left hand revealed a contusion and bone bruise. He is listed as day-to-day.

@RFeltonGMBS: Thanks to everyone for checking on me and yes I will be ok. Just a bone bruise and I'm going to take it one day at a time.
    Lin and Amare both had bone bruises and were expected to return shortly but Lin never returned and Amare has yet to play this season, you can't take bone bruises lightly.

Felton is a gamer, he won't miss much time if any..we have 2 days off now. Kidd returns if Felton can't go...imo

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson

Rest him up, let him heal completely, let Kidd and Pablo run the point against Charlotte and bring Ray back for Mia.