View Poll Results: Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll

11 14.10%

9 11.54%

16 20.51%

11 14.10%

7 8.97%

3 3.85%

4 5.13%

1 1.28%

6 7.69%

10 12.82%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

We really need slump back for backcourt defense. Can't wait to see him play. Hopefully he has a good recovery.

Superstar

Originally Posted by DCinNY
    Sorry but Felton is not better than Lin. With the years of exp he has,
    He hasn't gotten to the level of other similar experienced PG's. yes, I'm biased and just don't like his fat a$$.
    He's still better then lin imo but he just shoots to much. He's gonna have some huge games but in between them he has some duds... Hopefully stat and shump take away a few of his shots.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    He's still better then lin imo but he just shoots to much. He's gonna have some huge games but in between them he has some duds... Hopefully stat and shump take away a few of his shots.

See What Lin did to Chicago tonight?
    See what Felton couldn't do to Chicago last week?

7/8 year Vet playing like a rookie.
    The 50 game starter playing like a 7/8 year vet now...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Man, I knew when Linvincle replied to this, it wasn't going to be Pro-Felton

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    See What Lin did to Chicago tonight?
    See what Felton couldn't do to Chicago last week?

7/8 year Vet playing like a rookie.
    The 50 game starter playing like a 7/8 year vet now...
    Lin as been playing well lately and I'm glad he's doing well. I just don't like Felton. I would rather have jarrett jack leading this team. We're doing well this year so far and I hope we keep it up and don't run out of gas.

Felton has his moments, but is it just me or does it seem like he's trying too hard to prove he is better than he is?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Felton last 5 games
    3.8 Assist per game
    17.6 shots per game
    36% FG
    Last 10 games he been shooting 34% percent.
    Month of December : 19.0 shots per game.

We can't be elite if Felton plays like this.
    Majority of our losses came in December...

I want to call Felton a cancer, but I'm trying to be unbias here.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Felton last 5 games
    3.8 Assist per game
    17.6 shots per game
    36% FG
    Last 10 games he been shooting 34% percent.
    Month of December : 19.0 shots per game.

We can't be elite if Felton plays like this.
    Majority of our losses came in December...

I want to call Felton a cancer, but I'm trying to be unbias here.
    Raymond Felton is straight ass.
    I'm getting tired of yelling at my TV after seeing him chucking up another jumpshot.

This team will go no where without a legitimate PG, like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh CP3

Superstar

Nothing good happens when he has the ball... Maybe his shots will start to fall, he's not playing any differently then earlier on but he's stinking it up

Thumbs down Is it time to bench Felton?

I love how this article makes no mention of "DEFENSE"!

Let's cut this Mike D'Antoni **** out right now.

Raymond is here for 2 main reasons; Assists and Assists. We have scorers, but we need defenders. That's the precedent. You play DEFENSE, or you sit. Period.

Todays burning question (espn.com)...

Today's Burning Question:*Is it time for*Raymond Felton
    *to take some time off while his hand injuries heal?

Christmas wasn't kind to Raymond Felton. (On the court, at least).

The Knicks point guard had just 10 points on 5-for-19 shooting in New York's loss to Los Angeles.

It was the latest in a string of subpar shooting performances from Felton, who has hit just 36 percent of his attempts in the Knicks' past five games and has missed his last 15 3-point attempts.

Felton suffered a sprained right pinkie in the third quarter against the Lakers but stayed in the game. He's also playing with bone bruises on his left and right hands.

Felton has admitted that the injuries are affecting him on the floor, but, to his credit, he has played through pain for the Knicks.

In light of his recent struggles, though, it's fair to wonder if he should take some time off to let his injuries heal.

Mike Woodson has consistently defended Felton's shot selection, saying the point guard is taking shots that he has made in the past. The problem, of course, is that he hasn't hit them of late.

It's worth remembering that Felton has played a vital role in the Knicks' 20-8 start. And, despite his struggles, he has still done a solid job distributing and protecting the ball.

If he sat out, that would mean more minutes for*Pablo Prigioni
    *and would likely force*Jason Kidd and*J.R. Smith to handle the ball more frequently.

But given Felton's shooting issues, that might be something that benefits the Knicks.

Question: What do you think? Is it time for Raymond Felton to take some time off to heal his hand injuries?

Definitely bench him, he isn't full recover, and not good playmaker and defender as Kidd.

Felton needs to be benched. Aside from his game against the Heat all we have seen from this guy in the past month is his usual feltdown. If he's playing through an injury and is going to continue to get major minutes then coach Woodson needs to tell him to stop shooting the ball at the rate of Allen Iverson. I don't see why Prigioni can't see more action, the man is healthy and is a proven pg.

I like Felton. I think that he has been good for us up to the last month or so. There is no doubt, however, that he should be benched. He needs to heal those hands of his. It makes no sense to me to have your pint guard, the guy who handles the ball the most, playing when his hands are hurting.

Sit him and let him heal.

yes to the benching.

What I dont get is where is Prigioni!!??

Prigioni and Copeland need to get some minutes together off the bench to see if their pre-season pick and roll excellence could continue. Neither of them are getting a chance.

You would think that the coach would be playing Prigioni because defensively he is very good. He seems to be a master at stealing the ball from an opponents in-bound.

Superstar

Default Felton

Felton's current season shooting percentage is .396. His career shooting percentage is .411. Felton has never been a high percentage shooter. I am sceptical that his current shooting woes are primarily attributable to his hand injuries. It is, however, a convenient -- and not wholly unreasonable -- excuse for his recent abysmal shooting.

When Felton focuses on dribble penetration -- as opposed to just dribbling -- and ball distribution, he can be very good. But he is not a shooter and he shoots too much. In fairness, however, Melo has defenders tied to his hip. Brewer's shot is gone. Novak cannot get free and Kidd has primarily become a three point shooter. Defenses are concentrating on lobs to Chandler. Felton does not have a lot of distribution targets. Only Felton, Melo and JR can create their own shots. We are going to be much better when Amare' and Shump get back.

Felton's shot selection has not been bad and he can shoot better than he has in the last half-dozen games. Felton tries hard, but he is not as good as he thinks he is. I am tired of all this "warrior" and "bulldog" labels applied to him. They have no relationship to the box score.

Though he is a far better penetrator than either Kidd or Prigioni, Felton must pay more attention to, and emulate, their play. He should avoid top of key head down time consuming dribbling sequences and concentrate on ball movement and distribution. Let the "shooters" shoot.