2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

• Total voters

Starks

Starter
He's ballin. No doubt about it. He called it to when he said he was going to prove his worth. Right now he's playing like an all-star

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah I was worried at how Miami can shut down PG's but one thing about Felton is he's just so fast and powerfully built, they did shut him down with a few double teams but unless its Lebron and Wade doubling him, he's going to the hole.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Yeah I was worried at how Miami can shut down PG's but one thing about Felton is he's just so fast and powerfully built, they did shut him down with a few double teams but unless its Lebron and Wade doubling him, he's going to the hole.
He's literally a Bulldog! :gony:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
2dc7l9d.png

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
The guy carried a Meloless knicks team on his shoulders, beat the heat by 20 on their home turf.. get him in the all star game already, i am that astonished by his performance tonight

wian

Benchwarmer
Awesome awesome game by Felts tonight. One of the best PG's going round in the NBA now:peace:

hope he gets an all star birth ! And i hope he leads us to the Championship:afro:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Felton is putting up 16/3/7/1.5 steals right now shooting 43% from the field & 42% from 3 point range.:peace:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Felton

Up until recently at least I had been consistently critical of Felton. I must acknowledge, however, that his play this year, so far, has been borderline spectacular.

One of my principal concerns in the past has been the perception that Felton thinks he is better than he is and as a result pays too much attention to his own game rather than the team's game. Felton is not in Melo's class and I do not want ISO play from him. Yet, every once in awhile I see a bit of it. When Prigioni holds the ball, you know he is looking for someone else to score. When Felton holds the ball, I fear sometimes he is looking primarily for his own shot. So far, however, I have no legitimate complaint. He has been superb.

I believe that Felton has been positively influenced by Kidd and Prigioni. So far, he has very rarely tried to be an individual star. I hope his terrific play against Miami does not go to his head and that he continues to distribute, to space the floor and to take his own shot only when appropriately available.

I noted in the box score of the Miami game that Kidd was, I believe, 4 for 12 on his shots, yet the team was + 31 when he was on the floor. I believe this was substantially better than any of the other Knicks. The play of our troika of point guards has been terrific.

Barcs

Rookie
Felton has been very good this year. The only criticism I have is that he looks to shoot more than dish. I wish he'd dish more often instead of forcing difficult shots. The one aspect the Knicks are ranked low in this year is the assists. In a playoff series it could come back to haunt us.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I think Felton can be a great point guard for us but it looks like he is one of those who can not handle success very well.
After a sensational game vs Miami he thinks that he is a superstar now and can take more shots than anyone else. I think he took 30 shots vs Bulls, am i correct?
Even Kobe during his worst mental breakdown does not take 30 ****ing shots. I blame Felton for that loss. instead of running the offence he is taking 30 shots. What a joke. Actually i blame Woody for not stopping that madness.
Felton was on his way to lose another game vs Denver, but thanks god Woody realized that and benched him in the 4th quarter.
Also, please someone tell Sheed that he is not Dirk Novitsky, stop taking long jumpers. He is another reason we lost in chicago.