2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

• Total voters
It was a joke but...

Feltons fine at point guard, he just needs to change his shot selection and gain his confidence back.

Whens the last time a team won a championship with an ELITE point guard?

2011- 2012 Heat- Chalmers

2010 - 2011 Mavs- Kidd / Barea

2009-2010 Lakers - Fisher

That's fine, but this team needs better PG play in order to really do damage. You cant have a PG that misses so many GOOD shots when left open.

Rob Low

Rotation player
He has a bone bruise on both hands that he's playing through, give him some time. He was playing great at before the injuries

knicksin60

Starter
I don't think it would be a terrible idea if the Knicks contacted Stephon Marbury and asked him for one last run with them.

metrocard

Legend
you're all high. Felton is just what Knicks need.

the Knicks have a great record, THANKS TO HIS PLAY.

A dude who gets out classed by Kirk Hinrich?

You're overrating him, it's not even worth discussing. This is worse than Linsanity, atleast in Linsanity, we knew Lins limitations. Apparently Felton has become one of the league's penetrations and a top 5 PG in the east...which is a joke both ways, especially in the era of PG's, no one in this forum can't tell me Felton is better than 15 point guard with a straight face. It's maxed out mindless homerism.

nyk_nyk, you still haven't explained why Felton is better than 5 point guards in the East, with any of them being Rondo, Williams, Rose, Holliday, Walker, or Wall. If you were the GM of this team this franchise would be crumbled in mediocracy. You would be too afraid to fix any problems just because we're winning regular season games. We play to win a championship, not the regular season. Dallas played to win regular season games and never got to the finals until they changed up their entire formula and constructed a team that relied on team defense and great ball movement. In the past, Dallas was a team of scoring stars with Nick Van Exel, Mike Finley, Antonie Walker, Antwain Jamison, Nash, and Dirk...they heavily relied on their offense and it didn't work for them. You would **** on this franchise because you actually think Felton is a top 5 PG in the East, it shows how out of reality your rankings are. Felton was garbage in Portland, and he was a big reason for their losing. Don't come in here telling me Felton is this formula for success. You bring a talent like Jennings or Kemba Walker to New York, not only they will do what Felton does, but they'll do more in the most efficient way possible because they actually get to play with NBA all stars like Melo and Chandler, and deep veteran team instead of the discombobulated teams they plan on today. Ask how badly Bucks GM and Jordan wants Felton(Ray is a former tarheel and Jordan gave him the boot). These guys are GM's...even though they made ****ty deals, I think they know more than you, so don't question my ability to judge a player's value when yours is extremely flawed and unpracticed. If you take the chance to do research on the guys I present to you, you would realize Felton ain't ****.

I have a bad feeling about Felton as well. I think he is an avarage point guard who is shoot first pass second. Always hated point guards with that mentality. They are not team oriented players IMO.
He is an ok passer, has very good cross dribble, good penetrator, but is a terrible shooter.
He is overrated only because he is playing in a very good team with great finisher like Melo and thats why his assist stats are reletively high.
Should be a lot higher if he for instance can find Novak more often. Many times i see him shooting fadeaway jumpers over two defenders when some of his teammates are wide opened.
The same can be said about JR but to a lesser degree. Shot selection is a problem with those two. But JR is a shooting guard and i can leave with that, on the other hand Feltons job is to distribute the ball, run the team, not taking 30 shots like he did not too long ago.
I hope i am wrong but i am going to say that we will not win championship with Felton at the point guard position.

I think that is important.

Felton is a wanna be pass first PG who doesn't shoot a high percentage, he has tendencies to take a lot of ill advised shots...for example against Chicago, Felton took 21 shots; which is a terrible game plan because Chicago has great interior defense with Gibson and Noah, Felton driving to the basket will be negated so he has to settle for jumpshots, and we know how that works out for Ray Ray.

Felton is the most average PG in the NBA...he's not the worst, but he's definitely not a top 15 PG.

Jarret Jack does more work than Felton and he doesn't even start.

We're comparing the best with the best, not teams record. Felton's ass lost us the game @ Chicago; he let Kirk Hinrich tool him offensively and defensively.

I think we'll become a worse team if we don't change Felton's role.

We need rebounding.
Let Kidd stay at PG.
Shumpert at SG
Melo @ SF
Stoudimire at PF (lets give him a chance.
Chandler at C

bench you have offensive spark plugs with Felton, Smith, Novak.

Let's fix the problem before it fixes us.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
But he is better than J.Lin!!!

Thats what Felton said himself right? LOL. What a joke.
I am not a big Lin fan, but at this point i honestly think that we would be better off with him then what we have right now. At least Lin is a lot smarter and would make better decisions on the court.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
A dude who gets out classed by Kirk Hinrich?

You're overrating him, it's not even worth discussing. This is worse than Linsanity, atleast in Linsanity, we knew Lins limitations. Apparently Felton has become one of the league's penetrations and a top 5 PG in the east...which is a joke both ways, especially in the era of PG's, no one in this forum can't tell me Felton is better than 15 point guard with a straight face. It's maxed out mindless homerism.

nyk_nyk, you still haven't explained why Felton is better than 5 point guards in the East, with any of them being Rondo, Williams, Rose, Holliday, Walker, or Wall. If you were the GM of this team this franchise would be crumbled in mediocracy. You would be too afraid to fix any problems just because we're winning regular season games. We play to win a championship, not the regular season. Dallas played to win regular season games and never got to the finals until they changed up their entire formula and constructed a team that relied on team defense and great ball movement. In the past, Dallas was a team of scoring stars with Nick Van Exel, Mike Finley, Antonie Walker, Antwain Jamison, Nash, and Dirk...they heavily relied on their offense and it didn't work for them. You would **** on this franchise because you actually think Felton is a top 5 PG in the East, it shows how out of reality your rankings are. Felton was garbage in Portland, and he was a big reason for their losing. Don't come in here telling me Felton is this formula for success. You bring a talent like Jennings or Kemba Walker to New York, not only they will do what Felton does, but they'll do more in the most efficient way possible because they actually get to play with NBA all stars like Melo and Chandler, and deep veteran team instead of the discombobulated teams they plan on today. Ask how badly Bucks GM and Jordan wants Felton(Ray is a former tarheel and Jordan gave him the boot). These guys are GM's...even though they made ****ty deals, I think they know more than you, so don't question my ability to judge a player's value when yours is extremely flawed and unpracticed. If you take the chance to do research on the guys I present to you, you would realize Felton ain't ****.

I think that is important.

Felton is a wanna be pass first PG who doesn't shoot a high percentage, he has tendencies to take a lot of ill advised shots...for example against Chicago, Felton took 21 shots; which is a terrible game plan because Chicago has great interior defense with Gibson and Noah, Felton driving to the basket will be negated so he has to settle for jumpshots, and we know how that works out for Ray Ray.

Felton is the most average PG in the NBA...he's not the worst, but he's definitely not a top 15 PG.

Jarret Jack does more work than Felton and he doesn't even start.

We're comparing the best with the best, not teams record. Felton's ass lost us the game @ Chicago; he let Kirk Hinrich tool him offensively and defensively.

I think we'll become a worse team if we don't change Felton's role.

We need rebounding.
Let Kidd stay at PG.
Shumpert at SG
Melo @ SF
Stoudimire at PF (lets give him a chance.
Chandler at C

bench you have offensive spark plugs with Felton, Smith, Novak.

Let's fix the problem before it fixes us.
i want that kidd, shump, melo, stat, chandler. line up so bad. thats a championship lineup right there. point blank period.... felton and jr can score off the bench. sometimes i dont understand what woody is thinking when he keeps felton in the game and subs out kidd. i guess pacing him until the playoffs... i still feel this is our year amidst our recent struggles. we are gonna get better...

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
We really need slump back for backcourt defense. Can't wait to see him play. Hopefully he has a good recovery.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Sorry but Felton is not better than Lin. With the years of exp he has,
He hasn't gotten to the level of other similar experienced PG's. yes, I'm biased and just don't like his fat a$$.

He's still better then lin imo but he just shoots to much. He's gonna have some huge games but in between them he has some duds... Hopefully stat and shump take away a few of his shots.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
He's still better then lin imo but he just shoots to much. He's gonna have some huge games but in between them he has some duds... Hopefully stat and shump take away a few of his shots.

See What Lin did to Chicago tonight?
See what Felton couldn't do to Chicago last week?

7/8 year Vet playing like a rookie.
The 50 game starter playing like a 7/8 year vet now...

DCinNY

Benchwarmer
See What Lin did to Chicago tonight?
See what Felton couldn't do to Chicago last week?

7/8 year Vet playing like a rookie.
The 50 game starter playing like a 7/8 year vet now...

Lin as been playing well lately and I'm glad he's doing well. I just don't like Felton. I would rather have jarrett jack leading this team. We're doing well this year so far and I hope we keep it up and don't run out of gas.

Felton has his moments, but is it just me or does it seem like he's trying too hard to prove he is better than he is?

metrocard

Legend
Felton last 5 games
3.8 Assist per game
17.6 shots per game
36% FG
Last 10 games he been shooting 34% percent.
Month of December : 19.0 shots per game.

We can't be elite if Felton plays like this.
Majority of our losses came in December...

I want to call Felton a cancer, but I'm trying to be unbias here.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Felton last 5 games
3.8 Assist per game
17.6 shots per game
36% FG
Last 10 games he been shooting 34% percent.
Month of December : 19.0 shots per game.

We can't be elite if Felton plays like this.
Majority of our losses came in December...

I want to call Felton a cancer, but I'm trying to be unbias here.
Raymond Felton is straight ass.
I'm getting tired of yelling at my TV after seeing him chucking up another jumpshot.

This team will go no where without a legitimate PG, like uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh CP3 :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Nothing good happens when he has the ball... Maybe his shots will start to fall, he's not playing any differently then earlier on but he's stinking it up

Red

TYPE-A
Is it time to bench Felton?

I love how this article makes no mention of "DEFENSE"!

Let's cut this Mike D'Antoni **** out right now.

Raymond is here for 2 main reasons; Assists and Assists. We have scorers, but we need defenders. That's the precedent. You play DEFENSE, or you sit. Period.

Todays burning question (espn.com)...

Today's Burning Question:*Is it time for*Raymond Felton
*to take some time off while his hand injuries heal?

Christmas wasn't kind to Raymond Felton. (On the court, at least).

The Knicks point guard had just 10 points on 5-for-19 shooting in New York's loss to Los Angeles.

It was the latest in a string of subpar shooting performances from Felton, who has hit just 36 percent of his attempts in the Knicks' past five games and has missed his last 15 3-point attempts.

Felton suffered a sprained right pinkie in the third quarter against the Lakers but stayed in the game. He's also playing with bone bruises on his left and right hands.

Felton has admitted that the injuries are affecting him on the floor, but, to his credit, he has played through pain for the Knicks.

In light of his recent struggles, though, it's fair to wonder if he should take some time off to let his injuries heal.

Mike Woodson has consistently defended Felton's shot selection, saying the point guard is taking shots that he has made in the past. The problem, of course, is that he hasn't hit them of late.

It's worth remembering that Felton has played a vital role in the Knicks' 20-8 start. And, despite his struggles, he has still done a solid job distributing and protecting the ball.

If he sat out, that would mean more minutes for*Pablo Prigioni
*and would likely force*Jason Kidd and*J.R. Smith to handle the ball more frequently.

But given Felton's shooting issues, that might be something that benefits the Knicks.

Question: What do you think? Is it time for Raymond Felton to take some time off to heal his hand injuries?