2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

• Total voters
Felton needed a rest anyway.. been below par as a pg lately.. shot not falling like it was at the beginning of the season. Hopefully he regains that form after a few weeks off

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I kind of blame our coaches and health guys because Felton has had two injured hands for a while. He really should have been sat down a few games ago to allow his hands to heel. Missing a few games to rest his hurt hands would have been better than him missing 4-6 weeks.

Somebody raised a point about our medical staff in another thread and questioned their ability given that we seem to suffer a large number of injuries. What is also interesting is the way that when players are injured we seem to get inacurate reports as to what the injury is and how many games/weeks a player will miss. Is this because they are misleading us or is it because they are not up to the job and therefore getting things wrong?

CoolClyde

Hopefully he doesn't gain back all the weight!!! :crossfingers:
:agreed:
felt_ton_ani.gif

Kiyaman

Legend
I kind of blame our coaches and health guys because Felton has had two injured hands for a while. He really should have been sat down a few games ago to allow his hands to heel. Missing a few games to rest his hurt hands would have been better than him missing 4-6 weeks.

Somebody raised a point about our medical staff in another thread and questioned their ability given that we seem to suffer a large number of injuries. What is also interesting is the way that when players are injured we seem to get inacurate reports as to what the injury is and how many games/weeks a player will miss. Is this because they are misleading us or is it because they are not up to the job and therefore getting things wrong?

Felton's right hand pinky injury came from Felton being a shoot-first PG, rather than a pass-first PG .. take it for what it is worth .. Felton dont know how to stop shooting when Amare or Melo is not in the lineup with him.

How many times have u seen Felton tell teammates to screen or pick for Novak to get an open 3-ball shot? none. But we all seen other teammates run to Pablo or Kidd to tell them something, then the next play is Novak taking an open 3-ball shot.

As for the Knicks medical staff .. it has a long history going way back to the 70's of putting players on the "injured reserve list" .. Kenny Walker, Larry Johnson, and Jared Jefferies were always injured at the start of every season, but as soon as a rotation player gets injured they become 100% healthy to replace them the next game. Missleading is an understatement when it involves our medical staff report (conspiracy theory is always welcome).

metrocard

Legend
this dude is suppose to return in 3 games.

I would let him come off the bench first then get himself into the starting position.

I know it makes more sense to start him, I won't disagree; but with all the time Raymond took off and you can tell he was in pain when he was playing...give him 20-24 minutes when he returns.

Red

TYPE-A
this dude is suppose to return in 3 games.

I would let him come off the bench first then get himself into the starting position.

I know it makes more sense to start him, I won't disagree; but with all the time Raymond took off and you can tell he was in pain when he was playing...give him 20-24 minutes when he returns.

I recall asking you if Felton was good enough to lead us to a chip (if we're all healthy)?

And your answer is...

metrocard

Legend
I recall asking you if Felton was good enough to lead us to a chip (if we're all healthy)?

And your answer is...

It's a hard question because I believe Raymond has his limitations as an overall PG and very little playoff experience. He has his strenghts, and weaknesses just like everyone else; but can he dominate and take over a game for us? We seen Lin did it, but we also see Lin get exposed and look like the worst PG in the NBA against Miami. Not trying to open up a Lin vs Ray debate, because I think they're both equal players. I get tired of seeing Melo working the entire offense by himself always creating his shot. Similar to the AI and the 2001 76ers that faced the Lakers in the finals. Guys get tired, and we need Melo efficient as possible. Felton is good off the pick and roll so I have faith he'll help find open guys and get our 3pt percentage back up to where it was when we started the season.

It's basically an unknown. Raymond can possibly play the best basketball of his life during the playoffs and be a huge factor for the Knicks success. My belief isn't strong with that though because I believe Felton is average. I've been proven wrong before.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Well, he sucks.

Seconded. We need better guards for the Knicks if we are to win a championship. Tyson is a great center, STAT can be elite if he plays defense, and Melo has always been the league's best scorer. If we had deadly SG / PGs, we could seriously contend. It's too bad all the good guards are already picked up.

CP3 in Knicks instantly means Knicks are contenders. Kyrie Irving would be good too but I don't see the Cavs parting with him ever. I wouldn't mind Rondo coming to the Knicks if the Celtics were willing to give him up. Rondo is better than Felton in almost every way. Lillard or Jrue Holiday would also be good fit for the Knicks.

Ball-hogging PGs like Westbrooks would not be a good fit here though, seeing as how much shots Melo / JR use up.

Rose playing for the Knicks would be orgasm for me. But he wouldnt come here and he's a scoring guard so that means Melo would have to back off a little bit.

skisloper

Starter
Seconded. We need better guards for the Knicks if we are to win a championship. Tyson is a great center, STAT can be elite if he plays defense, and Melo has always been the league's best scorer. If we had deadly SG / PGs, we could seriously contend. It's too bad all the good guards are already picked up.

CP3 in Knicks instantly means Knicks are contenders. Kyrie Irving would be good too but I don't see the Cavs parting with him ever. I wouldn't mind Rondo coming to the Knicks if the Celtics were willing to give him up. Rondo is better than Felton in almost every way. Lillard or Jrue Holiday would also be good fit for the Knicks.

Ball-hogging PGs like Westbrooks would not be a good fit here though, seeing as how much shots Melo / JR use up.

Rose playing for the Knicks would be orgasm for me. But he wouldnt come here and he's a scoring guard so that means Melo would have to back off a little bit.

The coach sets the tempo and allows Felton to do what he does...
We have a pass first PG in Prigioni who plays solid defense and he now is on the DNP list.....
Because Prigioni does not shoot enough Woodson will just rely on Felton the way he does Smith....
I mean WTF we have a solid PG why does he not get playing time ?????
and he has shown good chemistry with Copeland and really has had minimum time with Amare...

BTW please dont mention Amare and defense again....ITS NOT HAPPENNING..LOOK AT LEBRONS DUNK AND FREEZE THE FRAME AS AMARE STANDS THERE