View Poll Results: Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll

11 14.10%

9 11.54%

16 20.51%

11 14.10%

7 8.97%

3 3.85%

4 5.13%

1 1.28%

6 7.69%

10 12.82%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    @alanhahn: Felton admits to Breen on @msgnetworks he was upset about being traded to Denver, "But I'm back home now."

@TommyDeeTKB: RT @ChrisBHaynes: Former #Blazers G Raymond Felton in Vegas. Weight is really down. Wouldn't reveal how much he's lost but says he's on a mission.looks good

@alanhahn: Felton also says he would have come to Knicks regardless of Lin situation because "this is where I wanted to be."

@alanhahn: Felton on @msgnetworks: "I won't make no excuses, I wasn't in shape [last season]..I'm looking fwd to this year and shutting everybody up."

@alanhahn: Felton says he is in shape now, could play right now. Really seemed to take to heart what's being said about him.

Felton is my one of favs man.

He'll be fine. Felt is a tough minded dude.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    If thats true .... I hope Felton is working on his SG skills, we need 20 minutes of Felton
    at the SG this season, Smith has to give us some fastbreak points sprinting at SF ..
    Camby & K.Thomas are exellent lob-passer on a defensive-rebound. Plus Kidd & Felton
    may turn out to be our best pair guards (SG/PG) to get our frontcourt rotation clicking.

That does not mean Felton should be a Starter.
    Kidd might be better suited to get minutes at SG then Felton, he has plenty of recent experience with having to guard 2 guards. He even did a solid job of staying with Kobe and almost always being there to at least get a hand in his face

Default Thomas: Felton 'motivated' by return to NY

One of the biggest questions for the Knicks heading into this season surrounds point guard Raymond Felton.

Which Felton will show up in October? A slimmed-down facsimile of the player we saw in 2010? Or the point guard who reportedly struggled with his weight throughout an underwhelming 2011-12 season?

There's no way to answer that question in mid-August, of course.

Kurt Thomas and Raymond Felton, teammates in Portland last season, have returned to the Knicks.
    But veteran Kurt Thomas spoke recently with Felton and believes the point guard is motivated entering his second stint with the Knicks.

"He's definitely motivated, he's definitely excited, he definitely wants to come back to New York," Thomas, who was dealt from Portland to New York along with Felton in a sign-and-trade, told ESPNNewYork by phone on Tuesday. "He's looking forward to this season."

And so is Thomas.

The 17-year veteran, like Felton, is back for his second stint with the Knicks.

He was "completely surprised" when he first heard he was headed back to New York.

"I didn't have any idea something like this would happen," he said. "But I'm definitely excited and really looking forward to the opportunity."

At the time of the trade, many assumed that Thomas would not get significant playing time in New York this year.

Thomas, however, hopes and expects to contribute.

"I play to my strengths," Thomas, 39, said. "I don't try to play outside of what I can do on the floor. I'm a guy who's known for playing defense, rebounding the ball (and) a guy who can shoot the ball."

Thomas averaged 3.5 points and 3 rebounds last season in 15 minutes per night. In 2010-11, he scored 4.1 points and pulled down 5.7 rebounds in 23 minutes per game for Chicago.

Thomas will be the oldest player on the Knicks' roster, but not by much. New York also acquired veterans Marcus Camby (38) and Jason Kidd (39) this summer.

Thomas called the offseason moves a "step in the right direction."

He believes that the new veterans can have a positive effect on the Knicks' locker room.

"You help your teammates get through tough situations, so I think that's definitely a positive," he said.

Thomas, of course, is no stranger to the Knicks' locker room.

He played in New York from 1998-2005, filling a key role on the 1999 team that made a surprise run to the NBA Finals.

"During that time, the city was definitely rocking it was definitely exciting," said Thomas, who is 19th on the Knicks' all-time scoring list, eighth in rebounds and fourth in blocked shots. "The fans of New York are incredible, they really support the Knicks. ... It was a great opportunity and hopefully we can create it again."

In order to get anywhere near the Finals this year, the Knicks will need Felton to be bounce back from his sub-par 2011-12 season, when he averaged 11.5 points and 6.5 assists, and shot 41 percent from the field for Portland.

Thomas believes that Felton, a seven-year veteran, can regain the form he showed in New York in 2010 (17 ppg, 9 apg).

"Ray has been doing this in the league for at least 7 years now and I think he's a capable guard," Thomas said. "He showed that in his first stint there in New York and I'm pretty sure he's going to do even better the second time around."

Felton, whom the Knicks obtained instead of matching Houston's three-year, $25.1 million offer sheet to Jeremy Lin, would probably agree with Thomas' assessment. He told MSG Network in July that he looks forward to "shutting up" his critics from last season.

"Not making no excuses, it was a lockout," he told the network. "I'm the first one to say: I wasn't in shape. I'm the first one to say that. I don't make no excuses, I don't blame nobody else.

"That's all I'm hearing from everybody. 'Oh, he wasn't in shape last year.' I've played in the league seven years, about to be eight, I came in out of shape one year and that's all anybody wants to talk about. ... If that's all everybody wants to talk about, I look forward to this year to shutting up everybody's mouth."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Looks like Ray is in best shape since his rookie season.

Yeah he looks like he's ready to go.

He's never gonna be chiseled.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Yeah he looks like he's ready to go.

He's never gonna be chiseled.
    Or tall. Don't know about tough anymore, Nate had him bawling like a baby last season.

Give him credit in coming to the NY area way earlier than he needed to along with Novak. My advice to Ray, look for Novak your dimes will go up by 3 or 4 per game if you do.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Kidd might be better suited to get minutes at SG then Felton, he has plenty of recent experience with having to guard 2 guards. He even did a solid job of staying with Kobe and almost always being there to at least get a hand in his face
    Especially with the faster points out there now. He should see some minutes at the 2. Even when he was with NJ, they had Kittles run the ball up as the 1 and Kidd circled the sets as a 2.

Kidd is probably a better fit with the starting unit than coming off the bench tbh.. It's all about which players mesh better with each other. A starting lineup of:
    Kidd
    Brewer
    Anthony
    Stoudemire
    Chandler

Would probably produce the best chemistry and blends the talents of each player best. Then off the bench we'd have:

Felton
    Smith
    Novak
    tbd/kurt thomas
    Camby

That bench can compete with the starting lineup of alot of non playoff teams in the league.

honestly that bench is better then a lot of knicks starters over the last 10 years.

I still think felton will start most games. I think that Kidd will be finishing them out though.

Feltons wedding, his B*th fine, i'd go in that RAW!

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718

Feltons wedding, his B*th fine, i'd go in that RAW!

cant wait to see her courtside

My two year old avatar is looking a little heavy, maybe I should change it.

Default Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

AmareForPresident, bluechox2, dasilva1079, jafet6, KnicksFan4Life, marviel_garcia, Rob Low
    7 12.96%

DaTPRiNCE, Dzwonsson, gmf1369, MeloforMayor, p0nder, WNY_Knickfan, YuvalNYC
    7 12.96%

BananaSauce, bboycustom92, DrB, goldenchild1688, JaYnYcE, jrdrny, NY17KNICKS, NYk_Reloaded718, ronoranina, Shaunyboy23, TCR4CK
    11 20.37%

21 Shump Street, Crazy⑧s, KingStarbury3, M-boogie, NYNYK, Paul1355, STAT1, unloopme, XavierBlaq
    9 16.67%

bogey1964, Jinki£s, petescud, rady, Sage
    5 9.26%

CoolClyde
    1 1.85%

BIG APPLE SPORTS, JujuXG, liquid347, SSj4Wingzero
    4 7.41%

WeReady
    1 1.85%

Den318, Seba
    2 3.70%

blahwoop, Forrest17, Ghostowl, KingofNy, Oldtimer, orangeblobman, platnumn
    7 12.96%

Voters: 54

Superstar

I just gave Felton a 9 because we get to see his wife courtside! Guy gotta have a lot of confidence and swagger with a girl that hot.