Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ads on uniforms for the 2013-14 season

Hybrid View

Nba Logo Ads on uniforms for the 2013-14 season

From what it looks like, this will be the last season with nice and clean uniforms for the NBA..

LAS VEGAS — The NBA Board of Governors approved a new look for uniforms and a couple of changes in the use of video replay.

Commissioner David Stern met with the media Thursday after the Board of Governors held their annual summer meeting.

He said the league is looking to add possibly $100 million in revenue by permitting small advertising patches on uniforms starting in the 2013-14 season.

"The view is, that the teams would need a significant time; one, to sell the patch; and number two, for Adidas to manufacture the uniforms, because the patch that would be on the players' uniforms would also appear on the jerseys at retail," said Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, who is handling the uniform change.

Silver said there are revenue projections from European soccer teams that the NBA could use.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I think it's a good idea for the league.

Most leagues in the world feature advertising on the jerseys. I'm surprised the American leagues did not think to do this earlier.

a McDonald's logo on an NBA uniform sounds sacrilegious, but on an Eddy Curry jersey, totally appropriate.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    a McDonald's logo on an NBA uniform sounds sacrilegious, but on an Eddy Curry jersey, totally appropriate.

LMAO!!!!! +1

hahaha LMAO@that picture of eddy.

I think it would be a good season to pick up your knicks jerseys as after this season it'll be full of adverts like soccer uni's. I don't like the look but i understand the additional revenue for teams like OKC could make the difference in maintaining competitiveness.

Im sorry but I cant go for this. I find it alittle disrespected as a fan that I cant watch a basketball game without a uniform cluttered by ads. and I'll be damned if I have to buy a jersey with that sh*t on it.

Originally Posted by coolclyde
    a mcdonald's logo on an nba uniform sounds sacrilegious, but on an eddy curry jersey, totally appropriate.
    lmfao !!!!!

As for the jersey comments, if the advertisement gets big like soccer or nascar they will be ugly. Yes, it will piss some people off, but like everything else, with time people will forget and keep buying. If we die hard fans don't buy, the next generation will, as that is all they will know. I personally don't like it for myself, but that won't keep me from buying a knicks jersey if I want to represent my team. From what I read the advertisement won't be big though, some small patch or something, so shouldn't be a big deal. We are already rocking all these designer names all over our clothe anyway which is advertisement, so won't make a difference...
    Last edited by dasilva1079; Jul 26, 2012 at 09:44.

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    lmfao !!!!!

As for the jersey comments, if the advertisement gets big like soccer or nascar they will be ugly. Yes, it will piss some people off, but like everything else, with time people will forget and keep buying. If we die hard fans don't buy, the next generation will, as that is all they will know. I personally don't like it for myself, but that won't keep me from buying a knicks jersey if I want to represent my team. From what I read the advertisement won't be big though, some small patch or something, so shouldn't be a big deal. We are already rocking all these designer names all over our clothe anyway which is advertisement, so won't make a difference...
    You make a good point, it does make sense. We pay ginormous amount for tickets and see ads and we watch games and have ads between games. Still, it just makes me uncomfortable when I'm wearing a basketball jersey sponsored by something stupid like Tide (exaggaration but you get my point). I guess you can call me a hypocrite though because like you said, we all wear clothes with logos on them.

I have a melo jersey already so I'm good for now.

just go to a tailor and un-stitch the logo

A few, clean endorsements on the jerseys are alright. Just as long as they don't look like this. (Sorry Pacquiao, lol)

Default >????

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I think it's a good idea for the league.

Most leagues in the world feature advertising on the jerseys. I'm surprised the American leagues did not think to do this earlier.
    The "Americans" ??? so your european I gather huh that explains alot.....

This is a short-sided move. What happens when a player F*cks up and the sponsor wants the owner to move him? I'm not even talking off the court BS remember when Bynum try to knock Barea's head off a few years ago. What happens when a team sponsor has a hissy fit over something like that and threatens to pull their advertisement unless Bynum is moved? All this move does is make the NBA beholden to corporate sponsors who only care about their team brand and not winning.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

As long as its not a McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts logo or some dumb ****. I mean most logos are dumb, and currupt. The monetary system is really a crime against humanity.

Instead of commercial ads, they should open up a spot on the jerseys for wealthy individuals to donate money so that their face will be on the jersey for a season. Then you get a new edition every year, with the face of someone new.

Dont worry guys, Dolans already all over it .. literally...