Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ads on uniforms for the 2013-14 season

Nba Logo Ads on uniforms for the 2013-14 season

From what it looks like, this will be the last season with nice and clean uniforms for the NBA..

LAS VEGAS — The NBA Board of Governors approved a new look for uniforms and a couple of changes in the use of video replay.

Commissioner David Stern met with the media Thursday after the Board of Governors held their annual summer meeting.

He said the league is looking to add possibly $100 million in revenue by permitting small advertising patches on uniforms starting in the 2013-14 season.

"The view is, that the teams would need a significant time; one, to sell the patch; and number two, for Adidas to manufacture the uniforms, because the patch that would be on the players' uniforms would also appear on the jerseys at retail," said Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver, who is handling the uniform change.

Silver said there are revenue projections from European soccer teams that the NBA could use.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I think it's a good idea for the league.

Most leagues in the world feature advertising on the jerseys. I'm surprised the American leagues did not think to do this earlier.

a McDonald's logo on an NBA uniform sounds sacrilegious, but on an Eddy Curry jersey, totally appropriate.

A few, clean endorsements on the jerseys are alright. Just as long as they don't look like this. (Sorry Pacquiao, lol)

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    a McDonald's logo on an NBA uniform sounds sacrilegious, but on an Eddy Curry jersey, totally appropriate.

LMAO!!!!! +1

hahaha LMAO@that picture of eddy.

I think it would be a good season to pick up your knicks jerseys as after this season it'll be full of adverts like soccer uni's. I don't like the look but i understand the additional revenue for teams like OKC could make the difference in maintaining competitiveness.

Im sorry but I cant go for this. I find it alittle disrespected as a fan that I cant watch a basketball game without a uniform cluttered by ads. and I'll be damned if I have to buy a jersey with that sh*t on it.

Yea the NBA isn't NASCAR. Hate the idea.

Default for real...

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Im sorry but I cant go for this. I find it alittle disrespected as a fan that I cant watch a basketball game without a uniform cluttered by ads. and I'll be damned if I have to buy a jersey with that sh*t on it.

I Concur I hope they understand that most fans will not wear a Jersey with company advertisements on it. Why should we are we getting paid to walk around with that nonsense on why are they adding it to the retail jerseys its not right. I will never wear an NBA Jersey that has adverts on them period. Stupid move to have them added to the Retail versions should not do that.

Originally Posted by NYKLiFER
    I Concur I hope they understand that most fans will not wear a Jersey with company advertisements on it. Why should we are we getting paid to walk around with that nonsense on why are they adding it to the retail jerseys its not right. I will never wear an NBA Jersey that has adverts on them period. Stupid move to have them added to the Retail versions should not do that.
    You're already wearing some other dude's name on your back. A little patch won't make a difference.

Jersey sales will not be negatively affected.

Originally Posted by NYKLiFER
    Yeah soccer jersey sales have been abysmal since they've started using huge ads across the chest.

Superstar

The only reason Soccer does it is because there are no commercials other than on half time. It goes straight two 45 minute sessions so they kind of need it. There is ZERO need for this. Horrible Horrible idea. I hate this.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    The only reason Soccer does it is because there are no commercials other than on half time. It goes straight two 45 minute sessions so they kind of need it. There is ZERO need for this. Horrible Horrible idea. I hate this.
    i agree. this is a terrible idea. i like my classic knicks uniform clean with just the words NEW YORK written on them

Don't like this at all, but that's capitalism I guess....

David Stern should wear a Nascar uniform with all of his sponsor's logos and names on it. This dude got bribed more often than Magic had unprotected sex.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

as long as the ads are small and simple. a little patch on the side by the NBA logo wont be all that bad. but if it gets out of hand and is huge like soccer jerseys dont think ill be buying anymore jerseys hahaha,