Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ads on uniforms for the 2013-14 season

Default ??

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    You're already wearing some other dude's name on your back. A little patch won't make a difference.

Jersey sales will not be negatively affected.
    Because I like that player who ever I got and the Team. Why should we buy jerseys that display company names and become a walking advertisement for that company /o compensation this aint europe this aint soccer. anyway Its not the same Bro and you know that why you even chose to comment makes no sense because a player name that u like and a team you love is what you rock not Toyota....

Default >????

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I think it's a good idea for the league.

Most leagues in the world feature advertising on the jerseys. I'm surprised the American leagues did not think to do this earlier.
    The "Americans" ??? so your european I gather huh that explains alot.....

Default ?

Originally Posted by atikiN
    Yeah soccer jersey sales have been abysmal since they've started using huge ads across the chest.

I live in America in New York City. and, I rarely see soccer jerseys on display maybe a euro here and a mexican there but no true blooded american rocks them jerseys because 1. we are not soccer fans and 2. all the adverts look ugly period.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

I'll rock them only cause its NYK. I will still wear my true O & B every other day but game day. For the record I am against it but who are we ( die hard buyers ) to entertain what the NBA sells to their market I guess lol

This is a short-sided move. What happens when a player F*cks up and the sponsor wants the owner to move him? I'm not even talking off the court BS remember when Bynum try to knock Barea's head off a few years ago. What happens when a team sponsor has a hissy fit over something like that and threatens to pull their advertisement unless Bynum is moved? All this move does is make the NBA beholden to corporate sponsors who only care about their team brand and not winning.

Originally Posted by coolclyde
    a mcdonald's logo on an nba uniform sounds sacrilegious, but on an eddy curry jersey, totally appropriate.
    lmfao !!!!!

As for the jersey comments, if the advertisement gets big like soccer or nascar they will be ugly. Yes, it will piss some people off, but like everything else, with time people will forget and keep buying. If we die hard fans don't buy, the next generation will, as that is all they will know. I personally don't like it for myself, but that won't keep me from buying a knicks jersey if I want to represent my team. From what I read the advertisement won't be big though, some small patch or something, so shouldn't be a big deal. We are already rocking all these designer names all over our clothe anyway which is advertisement, so won't make a difference...
    Last edited by dasilva1079; Jul 26, 2012 at 09:44.

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    lmfao !!!!!

As for the jersey comments, if the advertisement gets big like soccer or nascar they will be ugly. Yes, it will piss some people off, but like everything else, with time people will forget and keep buying. If we die hard fans don't buy, the next generation will, as that is all they will know. I personally don't like it for myself, but that won't keep me from buying a knicks jersey if I want to represent my team. From what I read the advertisement won't be big though, some small patch or something, so shouldn't be a big deal. We are already rocking all these designer names all over our clothe anyway which is advertisement, so won't make a difference...
    You make a good point, it does make sense. We pay ginormous amount for tickets and see ads and we watch games and have ads between games. Still, it just makes me uncomfortable when I'm wearing a basketball jersey sponsored by something stupid like Tide (exaggaration but you get my point). I guess you can call me a hypocrite though because like you said, we all wear clothes with logos on them.

I have a melo jersey already so I'm good for now.

just go to a tailor and un-stitch the logo

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

As long as its not a McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts logo or some dumb ****. I mean most logos are dumb, and currupt. The monetary system is really a crime against humanity.

Instead of commercial ads, they should open up a spot on the jerseys for wealthy individuals to donate money so that their face will be on the jersey for a season. Then you get a new edition every year, with the face of someone new.

Dont worry guys, Dolans already all over it .. literally...

Veteran

Well, I'm not buying anymore Jerseys for a while, I'm tired of buying new names every year, I think I raised enough retired Knick jerseys in my man cave this decade. Putting ads on the Jersey's isn't a good move imo, suppose I don't like the product...I'll probably ruin the shirt trying to remove that sh!t.

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    Dont worry guys, Dolans already all over it .. literally...

Originally Posted by unloopme