Ads on uniforms for the 2013-14 season

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
a mcdonald's logo on an nba uniform sounds sacrilegious, but on an eddy curry jersey, totally appropriate.

lmfao !!!!!

As for the jersey comments, if the advertisement gets big like soccer or nascar they will be ugly. Yes, it will piss some people off, but like everything else, with time people will forget and keep buying. If we die hard fans don't buy, the next generation will, as that is all they will know. I personally don't like it for myself, but that won't keep me from buying a knicks jersey if I want to represent my team. From what I read the advertisement won't be big though, some small patch or something, so shouldn't be a big deal. We are already rocking all these designer names all over our clothe anyway which is advertisement, so won't make a difference...

Last edited:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
lmfao !!!!!

As for the jersey comments, if the advertisement gets big like soccer or nascar they will be ugly. Yes, it will piss some people off, but like everything else, with time people will forget and keep buying. If we die hard fans don't buy, the next generation will, as that is all they will know. I personally don't like it for myself, but that won't keep me from buying a knicks jersey if I want to represent my team. From what I read the advertisement won't be big though, some small patch or something, so shouldn't be a big deal. We are already rocking all these designer names all over our clothe anyway which is advertisement, so won't make a difference...

You make a good point, it does make sense. We pay ginormous amount for tickets and see ads and we watch games and have ads between games. Still, it just makes me uncomfortable when I'm wearing a basketball jersey sponsored by something stupid like Tide (exaggaration but you get my point). I guess you can call me a hypocrite though because like you said, we all wear clothes with logos on them.

I have a melo jersey already so I'm good for now.

metrocard

Legend
As long as its not a McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts logo or some dumb ****. I mean most logos are dumb, and currupt. The monetary system is really a crime against humanity.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Instead of commercial ads, they should open up a spot on the jerseys for wealthy individuals to donate money so that their face will be on the jersey for a season. Then you get a new edition every year, with the face of someone new.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Dont worry guys, Dolans already all over it .. literally... ;)

2rwrm9g.jpg

Well, I'm not buying anymore Jerseys for a while, I'm tired of buying new names every year, I think I raised enough retired Knick jerseys in my man cave this decade. Putting ads on the Jersey's isn't a good move imo, suppose I don't like the product...I'll probably ruin the shirt trying to remove that sh!t.