Originally Posted by STAT1
Just found this comparison interesting. Sorry if this has already been posted & discussed on another thread, was not sure whether I should post this on the Felton thread or the Lin thread.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The caveat to the stat breakdowns above is Jeremy Lin's averages as a starter over 25 games last year were:
18.2 points
7.7 assists
4.7 turnovers

So basically, both of these guys excelled in D'Antoni's uptempo style system, except Felton was able to do it over a longer stretch of games & was more of a ball facilitator while Lin was more of a ball dominant scorer.

We've seen that Mike Woodson prefers to play a more structured style of offense while D'Antoni allowed his players a lot more freedom to shoot at will. Which of the 2 PG's do you guys feel is the better match for our current roster, head coach & style of play? Jeremy Lin or Ray Felton?

Perhaps more importantly, who is more likely to be respected by Melo & STAT on the basketball court & in the lockerroom?

* Please let's not discuss anything about the contract that Jeremy Lin signed, or how stupid James Dolan was for not matching on this thread. I would like to hear your thoughts on which of these guys you feel is better suited for this current Knicks' team & why.
But my real response.
Lin has had THIS roster before, Felton has not.

In GAME SHAPE AND SLIM, I wanna see what Felton can do.