Ray Felton vs. Jeremy Lin - the #'s may surprise you

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
He better become a pass first pointguard this time around. I swear when he was with us, he played with blinders on half the game. Its like he made the decision whether he was going to pass or shoot when he was on the other end of the court.. The situation, whether someone was open or not, seemed like it didn't matter. He just chucked so many shots it drove me insane.

He definitely has the explosiveness and penetration game that Felton does not...for that reason, I think Lin is better fit as a scoring guard. It should fit him well on a team that doesnt have a lot of scoring options. Knicks offense revolves around Melo so this is not gonna work.

I just found someone posted this online and I'm quite shocked by it.

Nash,Kidd,Rondo,Rubio,Lin,Chalmers,Felton,Wall,G.Dragic,Lowry,Sessions,Nelson,B.Knight,Calderon,S.Curry,Augustin,D.Williams,D.Collison,K.Irving,D.Harris,J.Teague,Lawson,Westbrook,Conley,J.Jack,I.Thomas,J.Holiday,T.Parker,D.Rose,K.Walker,CP3,Jennings

Among these 32 starting PGs above, in the last reg. season,
Lin ranks 6th in AST%...elite level
Lin ranks 28th in TOV%...bottom level (Nash, Kidd, Rondo and Rubio were worse.)
Lin ranks 5th in USG%...dominating role
Lin ranks 11th in TS%...above average
Lin ranks 13th in TRB%...average
Lin ranks 5th in STL%...elite level
Lin ranks 5th in BLK%...elite level
Lin ranks 2nd in DRtg...elite level (Rondo ranks 1st)
Lin ranks 5th in MP when he was a starter...mass loading
Lin ranks 9th in PER...above average
Lin ranks 8th in AST per 36 mins...above average
Lin ranks 32th in TOV per 36 mins...worst
Lin ranks 1st in FTA per 36 mins...best

Positive side:
Lin is the only one that ranks TOP 5 in both STL% and BLK% among PGs at this point.
Lin had almost as many FTA per 36 mins as Durant had in the last reg. season. (Lin: 7.0 Durant: 7.1)

Nagative side:
Lin is the only another one that turned the ball over at a rate of over 20%(21.4%) in TOV% with a USG% of over 20%(28.1%) among these guys besides Rondo, who turned the ball over at a rate of 22.8% in TOV% with a USG% of 20.7%.
Overall? I would say Lin was playing like an above average to borderline elite level PG in those 35 games.

Everyone was saying Lin was a TO machine but even Nash, Rondo, Kidd was worse? Anyway, yeah Lin's defense was really good, he stole the ball a lot, I'm really sad to see him go. I doubt Felton's D is gonna be up to par...

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
LIN IS GONE, can we move on please?
Anyone who thinks Lin is a better defender than Felton is just a plain, straight up idiot.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
LIN IS GONE, can we move on please?
Anyone who thinks Lin is a better defender than Felton is just a plain, straight up idiot.

Yes, let's put this in clear focus and be done with it:

1. Lin did nothing wrong as a Knick, played his ass off.
2. Felton was great as a Knick and will most likely step up again.
3. Not signing Lin and seeing what he could do for 1 or 2 years, before 3 rd. year $ hit, was a lost opportunity with limited Knick ownership risk. Stupid.
4. IMO Melo wanted Lin gone, did not want to share the NY stage with him.
5. Dolan is not Steinbrenner, and that answers many questions!
:peace:

nyk_nyk

All Star
He definitely has the explosiveness and penetration game that Felton does not...for that reason, I think Lin is better fit as a scoring guard. It should fit him well on a team that doesnt have a lot of scoring options. Knicks offense revolves around Melo so this is not gonna work.

I just found someone posted this online and I'm quite shocked by it.

Everyone was saying Lin was a TO machine but even Nash, Rondo, Kidd was worse? Anyway, yeah Lin's defense was really good, he stole the ball a lot, I'm really sad to see him go. I doubt Felton's D is gonna be up to par...

Sorry to rain on your parade man but those stats mean very little. You're comparing numbers with a guy who played barely half a season. If you don't do some type of weighted average, the compared numbers (with Lin) are meaningless... the good and bad ones.

Bottom line: Lin was productive when he was here. Felton was productive when he was here. Only one of those guys are knicks now, so let's let the other one go about his business until we play HOU.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sorry to rain on your parade man but those stats mean very little. You're comparing numbers with a guy who played barely half a season. If you don't do some type of weighted average, the compared numbers (with Lin) are meaningless... the good and bad ones.

Bottom line: Lin was productive when he was here. Felton was productive when he was here. Only one of those guys are knicks now, so let's let the other one go about his business until we play HOU.

Those stats mean alot to a drowning Knicks club without a life-jacket having a 8-15 record, with the next 10 games being without both their $100M players do to groin injury, and family death.
The Knicks without their two star-players the next 10 games were suppose to have a 11-22 record. A 11 games under .500 .. Lin-Sanity gave us a 17-17 record with an outstanding chemistry on both sides of the court that cant be describe in any stats.

Lin-Sanity went WORLD-WIDE!

The real question are will threads like this come back and bite the Knicks organization for $elling Lin-$anity under the table .. b/c Melo is unhappy with another pass-first PG who skills could make other teammates a first n second option on offense.

Its not about Felton vs Lin .. Its all about Jason Kidd tutoring Felton to be half the floor-LEADER Lin-Sanity showed in 25 consecutive games of being a consistent super-star team-leader .. earning World-Wide-FAME!!!

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
Those stats mean alot to a drowning Knicks club without a life-jacket having a 8-15 record, with the next 10 games being without both their $100M players do to groin injury, and family death.
The Knicks without their two star-players the next 10 games were suppose to have a 11-22 record. A 11 games under .500 .. Lin-Sanity gave us a 17-17 record with an outstanding chemistry on both sides of the court that cant be describe in any stats.

The real question are will threads like this come back and bite the Knicks organization for $elling Lin-$anity under the table .. b/c Melo is unhappy with another pass-first PG who skills could make other teammates a first n second option on offense.

Its not about Felton vs Lin .. Its all about Jason Kidd tutoring Felton to be half the floor-LEADER Lin-Sanity showed in 25 consecutive games of being a consistent super-star team-leader .. earning World-Wide-FAME!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346866466.625340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyk_nyk

All Star

C'mon man you gotta stop this. You're not even making sense anymore in your posts. All you do is ramble about a whole bunch of shiit, which often includes conspiracy theories that you can never prove.

Felton 9.0 AST (with NYK/Dantoni)
Lin 6.2 AST (with NYK/Dantoni)

Since stats mean alot.

Red

TYPE-A
Jeremy Who???

Everybody Loves Raymond!!!

My thoughts exactly... Jeremy who?

Seriously I see this a bit different, and I'll answer my own questions.

1. Who plays better defense?
A: Felton

2. Who commands greater respect from both teammates and the opposition?

3. Who do you have more confidence in, in terms of decision making and pivotal moments?

4. Who's body is more likely to take a pounding and avoid injuries?

Lin was a work-in-progress, questionable PG who flourished during the perfect storm of events. Lin supporters will only have a legit argument when:

A) Lin performs at a high level on another team
B) Lin out performs Felton head-2-head
C) A and/or B happens and Felton fails.

I wouldn't count on that though. Defense is what Felton will be rated on, and then followed by assists. With these scorers and his approach, he will do fine.

Signed,

Too much talent to fail...

Too little Lin to be concerned.

petescud

Starter
I've moved on from this...Lin is a good player and may have upside to him, but with his credentials, he's not worth a third of what he got....at least Felton is getting his worth imo....

CoolClyde

great thread

great new thread, why not excavate Lin's cold dead body and compare his
barely 1/2 a year career with Ray Felton's overall stats?

more opportunities to open old wounds and pour salt in them,
for Red and JimKC to gloat, and Lin-ites to repeat the same sheeit.

GET OVER IT! MOVE ON! RAYMUNDO IS HERE AND NOW!

computer_woe.gif

f*ck!

petescud

Starter
I'm hoping Ray and Amar'e shut everyone up this year with awesome years...I'd be tired of getting dissed if i was them

orangeblobman

Rotation player
To put this in some nice looking window:

The thing about Lin was that he came out of the gutter and dropped buckets, that was the biggest appeal.

Also, he dropped something a lot crazier in those 10 games but his numbers dropped after Anthony returned.

So it doesn't surprise me that Felton and Lin had similar numbers under MDA. At the same time, Felton is an established NBA point while Lin is basically a guy off the street.

Either way, Lin has a lot to prove, there is no denying this, and he will have a good, clean chance with the Rockets.

Felton is our guy now and I expect him to be an important part of our team.

I'm going to agree about Pelton. Lin doesnt have a large enough sample size to warrant such a large contract. We should have been more aggressive to try to retain him though. :peace:

CoolClyde

I'm going to agree about Pelton. Lin doesnt have a large enough sample size to warrant such a large contract. We should have been more aggressive to try to retain him though. :peace:

Pelton? good one, lurker! again, we're treading over the same ground that
has been trampled on for months. please peruse the official Jeremy Lin thread.
so many f*cking opinions on the subject, i'd have thought KO was past it. but
then again, welcome to the forum, your opinions count.

p0nder

Starter
I think the Lin vs. felton actually says a lot about the Dantoni System. it works well for true point guards and can boost a players stats incredibly.

We will see a different type of game from here on out. 2012 felton will be different from 2010 felton (and better be different from 2011 felton or we're ****ed) butI honestly don't believe felton or Lin will have the same success they had while MDA was running the show. It's not a bad thing for the Knicks because Felton had the green light on too many shot the first time around, hopefully Woodson will dial him into the right amount and we will have a solid PG from here on out.