Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pablo Prigioni

that meme is hilarious

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    hahaaaaaa.........brilliant

Veteran

Its official.... the Knicks are a halfcourt offensive team.

Woody will like Pablo's basic format .. look for Felton to spend a lot of minutes at the SG spot .. before n after Shumps return.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Yeah, playing under control but looks a little light on the defense, no? He's bearly trying out there defensively -- God forbid he tried to fight over one of these high screens...Thank God we have rim protectors like Tyson and Camby behind him in NY..Not sure Woody will tolerate the lack of defense he's showing here and he's more of a walk/jog it up type (which will be fine -- we'll be primarily a halfcourt team) but his court vision & passing is as good as advertised..Absolute precision. Haven't seen him shoot the ball yet...Seems content just distributing.

Have to remember. International defenses are taught to switch on pick and rolls as well as drop back behind the screen and let the big man roll to the shooter. That's always been an adjustment for international players.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    Maybe Pablo can talk to him

Or if we aren't close to the luxury tax threshold we can offer him whats left of the MLE remember we aren't in the tax yet, I dont know the exact figures but Kidd took 3.1 so we'd have 1.9 left to grab a 2 Guard and would just be hard capped for the year which wont suck
    Using the full MLE would have hard capped us so we used the mini MLE on Kidd not part of the MLE. Same with the BAE, Knicks opted not to use it because it would hard cap us. Anybody walking through the door has to take the vets min from us.

Petey Pablo. Eggzited to see what the ki' can do.

I like what I'm reading about this guy. Should be a solid backup for this team.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

• Carmelo Anthony faced off against one of the Knicks newest guards, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], as Team USA beat Argentina in an exhibition on Sunday; and theKnicksblog.com's Chris Alvino gave his take: "Most importantly, Prigioni is a mistake-free style of player. I do not have a box score in front of me, but I would be surprised if he had many turnovers. He made a lot of sure passes and showed a strong handle against the NBA’s elite PGs. Given the number of turnovers that Jeremy Lin and Baron Davis committed last season, points like Kidd and Prigioni who have good ball security should be a breath of fresh air for Knick fans."

Originally Posted by STAT1
    I like what I'm reading about this guy. Should be a solid backup for this team.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    He sounds like a cool, steady hand. Like Dirty Harry.

Gosh knows we could use one of those cool guys on the team. And because of his age, he will not rival Carmelo for the spotlight, so there will be no ill-feelings. Teehehehehe

Just watched the US Argentina game. Pablo was awesome! Steals, 3s, dimes...all in the most crucial part of the game.

One of the commentators said he was good for 80% from 3, I'm sure of it. Must be wrong.

Be exciting when he first steps on the court in O&B. Typical, crafty, hot shooting, savvy Euro PG.

Pablo almost fuqcked around and got a triple double last night. I like his game he reminds me of that guy sergio rodriguez we had a couple years back. BUT has a way better pace/presence on the court and is all around the better player.

Honestly people look at our PG situation to this year.

Lin
    B-Diddy
    Bibby
    Dougl-ass

Felton
    Kidd
    Prigioni

This years is WAY better *With the exception of Lin for you a$$kissers*

Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Pablo almost fuqcked around and got a triple double last night.

I like his game he reminds me of that guy sergio rodriguez we had a couple years back. BUT has a way better pace/presence on the court and is all around the better player.
    Ugh, I hope he's a lot better than Sergio, that dude was a turnover waiting to happen & really had no concept of what he wanted to do with the ball while he was driving into the lane. I think this guy plays at a much different pace from what I've been reading about him & is much better at ball control.

Originally Posted by STAT1

Ugh, I hope he's a lot better than Sergio, that dude was a turnover waiting to happen & really had no concept of what he wanted to do with the ball while he was driving into the lane. I think this guy plays at a much different pace from what I've been reading about him & is much better at ball control.
    lmao i love how u posted it was a good day. +1. But yeah leme rephrase that. his "looks and body size and the way he carries himself" reminds me of Serg. Other then that his game is WAY better then Serg. He can slow it down and control the ball well and will learn even more from Kidd. Im excited for lil homie.

I'm getting excited too. I think we really have some nice depth on this squad & plenty of veteran experience that's used to being in crunchtime playoff style basketball. I think this will benefit this team immensely when the postseason rolls around. I just really hope Shump can come back healthy & ball out like he was doing for us last year. If that happens, then I will REALLY be excited about this team.

Whoever writes for Bleacherreport is a f*ckin moron

"An old dude and a fat dude" Damn thats some grade A elementary BULLSH*T