The NBA is full retard

smokes

Huge Member
I haven't posted here in a long time, been way busy with real life stuff and my computer died a month back so I haven't actually kept up with any NBA news for a long time.

I come back yesterday and wow everything has changed. The one thing that hasn't changed? How fkin stupid the NBA owners are...

Seriously I loved Landry defended him through his dire games but who on earth thought it was a good idea to give him a $20 million contract?! And Lin $35 million???

The NBA >>>JUST<<< came back from a several month labour dispute which ruined last season, cost a bunch of players their health and sanity... What a freaking waste of time when everyone's just gonna go back out this offseason and rape their chequebooks. I guarantee there's going to be yet another lockout in the next 5-10 years and this will continue until the NBA wrap their heads around a sustainable financial structure.

Maybe sponsored jerseys will help the owners recoup some of those millions they spunk on mediocre talent.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
first of all welcome back, second landry contract was to serve as a blocker from Toronto for the knicks, so that we couldn't S&T him to phoneix for Steve Nash and Jeremy is getting 25.1 ballon payment of 14.5 in the 3rd year. He supposedly pissed of Dolan so they let him go.

Yes you are right about what was the point of the lockout if Roy Hibbert, Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon are getting max deals Nicolas Batum is getting like 44 million it is kind of ridiculous indeed.

CoolClyde

welcome back Smokes! way to go with the retard thread!
:agreed:
hope you take the time to catch up on the KO convo.
:smokin:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
welcome back Smokes! way to go with the retard thread!
:agreed:
hope you take the time to catch up on the KO convo.
:smokin:

That's what I was gonna say, Clyde. You word pirate.

Bout f*cking time, smokes! Bring back your enigmatic self to KO.

♥ Crazy⑧s

smokes

Huge Member
first of all welcome back, second landry contract was to serve as a blocker from Toronto for the knicks, so that we couldn't S&T him to phoneix for Steve Nash and Jeremy is getting 25.1 ballon payment of 14.5 in the 3rd year. He supposedly pissed of Dolan so they let him go.

Yes you are right about what was the point of the lockout if Roy Hibbert, Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon are getting max deals Nicolas Batum is getting like 44 million it is kind of ridiculous indeed.

Thanks for the clarification, I've barely had time to catch up on Knicks news let alone all the other goings on in the league. Hibbert and Gordon I can kinda understand, Gordon has perennial all star written all over him and Hibbert improved drastically one of the few legit C's in the league.

But Lopez and Batum? I like Batum great player but it's only been one season. Getting a huge contract after one good season has shown itself to be horrible practice time after time.

Lopez just makes me laugh. One of the most disappointing big men in the league.

The owners unite for months to take away 1 or 2% of basketball revenue from the players and risk half a season and a bunch of negative press and attention, then when free agency rolls around they're all back at each others throats to secure average talents horrendously overpriced.

smokes

Huge Member
Thanks Crazy & Cool the dynamic duo... Of moderating status I see. Congrats!

Yes I'll be back active around here for sure, looking forward to a full season of Knicks and fantasy antics :smokin:

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
I haven't posted here in a long time, been way busy with real life stuff and my computer died a month back so I haven't actually kept up with any NBA news for a long time.

I come back yesterday and wow everything has changed. The one thing that hasn't changed? How fkin stupid the NBA owners are...

Seriously I loved Landry defended him through his dire games but who on earth thought it was a good idea to give him a $20 million contract?! And Lin $35 million???

The NBA >>>JUST<<< came back from a several month labour dispute which ruined last season, cost a bunch of players their health and sanity... What a freaking waste of time when everyone's just gonna go back out this offseason and rape their chequebooks. I guarantee there's going to be yet another lockout in the next 5-10 years and this will continue until the NBA wrap their heads around a sustainable financial structure.

Maybe sponsored jerseys will help the owners recoup some of those millions they spunk on mediocre talent.
landry-fields-confused1.gif

Welcome back Mr. Smokes

elcol

Rotation player
Welcome back dude, it Sucks to know the players can't put their greed aside to make the NBA a better place even though they are making more dough then we could ever need..

jimkcchief88

All Star

Ha, see that's what I'm talking about Smokes. Post of the Year here as far as I'm concerned. We here arguing like little BI's about "Linsanity" on a 70 page thread while you sum it up in one succinct post. Life is tough. All you can do sometimes is hold on like a hubcap in the fast lane. But drop in from time to time and keep posting because we NEED our old-school posters around here like you the don't get caught up in fad diets. Welcome back...(cue the Kotter music) :) repped

tiger0330

Legend
Welcome back Smokes. Landry and JLin got paid so I'm happy for the 2 former Knicks and friends, sucks though I won't see them around my town anymore but that's life in the NBA.

They got good money but there were reasons they got those contracts, Toronto knew we were interested in Nash so they back loaded his contract to discourage us from signing Nash. I think Colangelo has regrets about signing Landry after not getting Nash.

Les Alexander the Rockets owner loves Lin and after dismantling the team needed some kind of fan attraction for a young rookie squad that won't be contending any time soon. Signing Lin was a move to put fans in the seats and to make some money in the Chinese market he lost when Yao retired, 25M for 3 years is a reasonable price for that.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Yeah. All the Lockout even did was give the owners more money. Which they are going to make more of when they start putting ads on jerseys :teeth: It didn't help competitive balance, or any of that. Instead of making it harder for the top teams to circumvent the cap it just made new different ways of doing it and overpaying players. Oh well, whatever. There will be another lockout as SOON as the next