Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Knicks sign Ronnie Brewer

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Getting the likes of Rashard Lewis for the min like Riley did in Miami might be called genius. Getting a lockdown defender that shoots 20% from 3 and 50% FT for the min is smart but not brilliant.
    He went there because of Ray Allen not Riley, also he's getting paid A SH*T LOAD. The Vet min is just to be on the Heat, the Hornets are still paying his 19 mil or whatever

Jonah Kaner
    ‏@TheKnicksWall

Ronnie Brewer was the last remaining free-agent shooting guard represented by CAA, by the way.
    Yeah I read this on posting and toasting and while brewer is still a damn good pickup (he is like Landry Fields for was less money and he plays defense) this CAA connection is still worth mentioning..... Hopefully this isn't some part of a trade or some bullsh*t.

We still need someone to back up STAT. Our PF position is crazy thin. Unless they plan to play camby at the 4 as well. All we have is Stat and that new dude. Copelson or whatever his name is

Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    We still need someone to back up STAT. Our PF position is crazy thin. Unless they plan to play camby at the 4 as well. All we have is Stat and that new dude. Copelson or whatever his name is
    Kurt Thomas

I'm not worried about the PF position. There's Kurt Thomas. Plus they could probably try Camby and Chandler on the floor at the same time.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

The deal had to be done after seeing James White in the summer league. Let's hope both Brewer and White and have a productive season.

SO PUMPED!...at this signing!!!

LETS GO KNICKS! LETS GO KNICKS!!

when the Griz acquired Brewski from Utah in mid-season 2010, he was coming off one of his best years:

"Ronnie Brewer is a proven, winning basketball player in the NBA," ... "He has been a starter for a perennial playoff team in Utah and has had the benefit of playing for one of the all-time great coaches in Jerry Sloan. Ronnie is an intelligent, versatile player who is an excellent ball handler and defender. We are excited to acquire this outstanding, former Arkansas Razorback." Brewer, a 6-7, 227-pound swingman, has averaged 9.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.61 steals on 49.5 percent shooting in 31.4 minutes in 53 games (all starts) this season in Utah. The 24-year-old posted career highs in points (13.7) and rebounds (3.7) last season, while ranking first in the NBA in steals-per-turnover ratio (1.87) and seventh in field goal percentage (.558). He also leads the league in steals-per-turnover ratio this season (1.67). The four-year NBA veteran (2006-10) owns career averages of 10.5 points, 2.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.46 steals on 52.3 percent shooting in 26.4 minutes in 266 career games (223 starts) with the Jazz, who selected him with the 14th overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. He was also selected to play in the 2008 T-Mobile Rookie Challenge at All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, where he scored 13 points for the Sophomore team. Noted for his defensive abilities, Brewer has ranked in the NBA's Top 10 in total steals in each of the last two seasons, placing sixth in 2008-09 (138) and 10th in 2007-08 (129). This season, Brewer is tied for 12th in the league in total steals (85) with the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant and the Charlotte Bobcats' Raymond Felton and 13th in steals per game.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Ronnie adds depth and defensive presence on the perimeter..."

he won't be chucking shots, he'll be fighting down low on the offense and laying down the law on Dee.
    I always liked Brewer's game, he's the ultimate scrappy player who always seemed to get the
    offensive rebound, and the ball would gravitate towards him, ala David Lee.

sounds like a New York Knickerbocker to me. great pickup.
    happy brews

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    when the Griz acquired Brewski from Utah in mid-season 2010, he was coming off one of his best years:

"Ronnie Brewer is a proven, winning basketball player in the NBA," ... "He has been a starter for a perennial playoff team in Utah and has had the benefit of playing for one of the all-time great coaches in Jerry Sloan. Ronnie is an intelligent, versatile player who is an excellent ball handler and defender. We are excited to acquire this outstanding, former Arkansas Razorback." Brewer, a 6-7, 227-pound swingman, has averaged 9.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.61 steals on 49.5 percent shooting in 31.4 minutes in 53 games (all starts) this season in Utah. The 24-year-old posted career highs in points (13.7) and rebounds (3.7) last season, while ranking first in the NBA in steals-per-turnover ratio (1.87) and seventh in field goal percentage (.558). He also leads the league in steals-per-turnover ratio this season (1.67). The four-year NBA veteran (2006-10) owns career averages of 10.5 points, 2.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.46 steals on 52.3 percent shooting in 26.4 minutes in 266 career games (223 starts) with the Jazz, who selected him with the 14th overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft. He was also selected to play in the 2008 T-Mobile Rookie Challenge at All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, where he scored 13 points for the Sophomore team. Noted for his defensive abilities, Brewer has ranked in the NBA's Top 10 in total steals in each of the last two seasons, placing sixth in 2008-09 (138) and 10th in 2007-08 (129). This season, Brewer is tied for 12th in the league in total steals (85) with the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant and the Charlotte Bobcats' Raymond Felton and 13th in steals per game.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Ronnie adds depth and defensive presence on the perimeter..."

he won't be chucking shots, he'll be fighting down low on the offense and laying down the law on Dee.
    I always liked Brewer's game, he's the ultimate scrappy player who always seemed to get the
    offensive rebound, and the ball would gravitate towards him, ala David Lee.

sounds like a New York Knickerbocker to me. great pickup.
    happy brews

WELCOME TO THE GARDEN BREWER!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] new york knicks lets get it!!!
    lego!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by marviel_garcia
    I'm not worried about the PF position. There's Kurt Thomas. Plus they could probably try Camby and Chandler on the floor at the same time.
    In a pinch, you could see a frontcourt of Novak and Melo with Melo at the 4. But if I had my choice, I'd see if KMart would come.

I'd like another playmaker or 2 way player. Though this signing gives me the impression that melo may lead the league in scoring and stat will get the touches he needs to be effective.

I see Jr as our playmaker off the bench. Put him with Kidd or novak and I don't see our offense sputtering.

I'd love to see Felton brewer melo stat chandler vs Kidd smith novak Thomas and camby.

Our bench might be better than Houston.

Excellent signing, these are the moves intelligent FO's make. Stop trying to make home runs and patch up our weaknesses and improve on our strengths.

Superstar

I like Kurt Thomas on this team as an enforcer and veteran voice in the locker room but are you guys actually expecting him to produce for us on a consistent basis? The guy can barely move and will not be playing any significant minutes. We need to do everything we can to try and sign Kmart. He's played with Melo,Jr,Camby,Felton, and Kidd so hopefully that can convince him to sign here.