Knicks sign Ronnie Brewer

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I'm not worried about the PF position. There's Kurt Thomas. Plus they could probably try Camby and Chandler on the floor at the same time.

In a pinch, you could see a frontcourt of Novak and Melo with Melo at the 4. But if I had my choice, I'd see if KMart would come.

I'd like another playmaker or 2 way player. Though this signing gives me the impression that melo may lead the league in scoring and stat will get the touches he needs to be effective.

I see Jr as our playmaker off the bench. Put him with Kidd or novak and I don't see our offense sputtering.

I'd love to see Felton brewer melo stat chandler vs Kidd smith novak Thomas and camby.

Our bench might be better than Houston.

Excellent signing, these are the moves intelligent FO's make. Stop trying to make home runs and patch up our weaknesses and improve on our strengths.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I like Kurt Thomas on this team as an enforcer and veteran voice in the locker room but are you guys actually expecting him to produce for us on a consistent basis? The guy can barely move and will not be playing any significant minutes. We need to do everything we can to try and sign Kmart. He's played with Melo,Jr,Camby,Felton, and Kidd so hopefully that can convince him to sign here.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
ESPN's JZ on Brewer and Priioni

Say all you want about the Knicks letting Jeremy Lin go, but they've been smart about their money this offseason. They've landed financial steal after financial steal. Jason Kidd (about $3 million per year), Marcus Camby (about $4 million per year) Raymond Felton (about $3 million per year) and now Ronnie Brewer (about $1.4 million for one year). In fact, during Brewer's career in the NBA, his salary went up each season from 2006 to 2012, the last in which he made $4.7 million with the Bulls.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Agreed with previous posters, sign K mart and we are cooking and have hit a home run this offseason. At times Brewer will play SF and share the court with JR & Felton, so lack of offense won't be a problem. It's very rare to see STAT & Melo both on the bench at the same time so basically we have 2 offensive weapons on the floor at any given time.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Im loving this signing. This offseason has been amazing sure we lost Lin but that pales in comparison to the amount of depth we've added. Even then I think we didn't downgrade at PG I think feltip will play at the same level he was in his first NYK go around.

This potential (and expected) starting 5 of ; felton, Brewer, melo, stat and Chandler is not only a defensive monster but also a well rounded offensive lineup. Great offseason and Grunnies the real deal fellas.

Wargames

Starter
Im loving this signing. This offseason has been amazing sure we lost Lin but that pales in comparison to the amount of depth we've added. Even then I think we didn't downgrade at PG I think feltip will play at the same level he was in his first NYK go around.

This potential (and expected) starting 5 of ; felton, Brewer, melo, stat and Chandler is not only a defensive monster but also a well rounded offensive lineup. Great offseason and Grunnies the real deal fellas.

I'm still a little salty about how the whole Lin Fiasco played out but Brewer is a solid signing. He can start at the 2 now and back up Melo at the 3 for minutes when Shump comes back. Grunnie is doing a good job.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
I'm still a little salty about how the whole Lin Fiasco played out but Brewer is a solid signing. He can start at the 2 now and back up Melo at the 3 for minutes when Shump comes back. Grunnie is doing a good job.

I was pissed at first but who cares man. We won't have any locker room issues and we still upgraded the PG spot considerably from last year.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Yeah if you stop and think about what the Knicks were able to get for 1 Mini-MLE, a couple of second round picks, and bench players it is pretty amazing.

The beauty of it is, is that Lin is still a big question mark. Showed early signs of being injury prone and once scouting reports came out, he wasn't as effective. Can't wait to see Brewer/Shump lock him down, it's a solid pick that he doesn't blow up and become something big. And we shall have 3 years of gloating over that fact.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
white-kid-dancing.gif

Who is that kid dancing in the gif its hilarious lol:teeth:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
tumblr_m7a098ZezA1r5m7ta.gif

Once the time comes where Shump, Brewer, Chandler all on the floor at the same time, the defense is going to be intense. #defense first.

Now all we need is Kenyon Martin and were set

Imagine if there is a lineup of Camby, Chandler, Sumpert,Brewer, and Kidd to get us back in games (pure ecstasy ) waterboy-nipple-pinch-uhhhh_o_GIFSoup.com.jpg

Now thats LOCKDOWN DEFENSE! *clap clap clap* DEFENSE!

I think that this is a great signing, but we were set on getting an offensive scorer when Melo sits on the bench when the off season began & we failed to do so. Did you guys see how bad our offense flowed when he even rested for a minute?

No complaints though. GO KNICKS!!

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I think that this is a great signing, but we were set on getting an offensive scorer when Melo sits on the bench when the off season began & we failed to do so. Did you guys see how bad our offense flowed when he even rested for a minute?

No complaints though. GO KNICKS!!

I believe the issue we had with the offense while Melo was sitting was due to the point guard. With Kidd, Felton and Prigioni on the roster I don't see JR playing 1 versus 5 anymore. The ball will flow way better and people will move instead of just standing around.