Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Knicks sign Ronnie Brewer

Veteran

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Warming up to the Brewer signing big time.

Just listening to his interview with Joe & Evan while watching his "finisher" highlight mix got me pumped up. I wasn't giving this guy his due -- he's got skills and he's a very underrated athlete. Obviously, very solid defensively... Sounds like a real good dude too -- well spoken, good character guy. And he wants to be here too which ya gotta love. Nice pickup. I gotta learn to shut my mouth more and give the Knicks more credit sometimes. They know what they're doing.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I dont understand the Chicago Bulls not resigning SG-Ronnie Brewer $4M qualifying offer, when the Bulls biggest weakness at being a contender has been at their SG position the past two seasons....Richard Hamilton (RIP) was not ready for the 66 game schedule, but Brewer was.

Damn! we were lucky as hell for GM Paxon cheapness at staying a top contender in the East.
    For some reason I cant give Grunwald any credit for Brewer/Felton/Kidd/Camby/K.Thomas when certain Knicks players agents are doing all the work of pushing players on a star-bound Knicks team.

The next CBA may include the players-agents to represent them vs the owners & Stern replacement...

loving the brewmeister pickup more and more! great article AFP, everything he says
    is exactly what i want to hear from a Knick, the fit is perfect.

Kiyadude, forget Kidd starting, Feltip is going to be our starter, because the
    Kidd is no longer a kid, and won't be getting 30+ minutes a game. AND he
    wants to finish games, so how can you start him and have him play down
    the stretch without keeping him out for a bulk of the game?

PG -Feltip & SG -Brewski
    PG -Kidd & SG -Jr Swish

The Prigger will be PG insurance for foul trouble and extra minutes

finestrg - good toast, first time you haven't mentioned someone else the Knicks should sign

back to Brewer. f*ck yeah!

People are forgetting that Brewer averaged 14ppg on an efficient 50 FG% when he was starting for Utah. Just because he's not a good three-point shooter doesn't mean he isn't a good slasher and can't attack the rim. I wouldn't be surprised if Brewer has a career year this season.

Veteran

All this defense is great. Teams are going to have sign up a few lumberjacks if they want to make it thru the Woodland. what a solid job so far coach Woody.

Superstar

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    People are forgetting that Brewer averaged 14ppg on an efficient 50 FG% when he was starting for Utah. Just because he's not a good three-point shooter doesn't mean he isn't a good slasher and can't attack the rim. I wouldn't be surprised if Brewer has a career year this season.
    Yeah Im almost glad he can't shoot threes, because with JR and Felton we are going to have enough threes being chucked as it is. We needed a guard who would attack the rim with intensity with lin gone

Yeah he didn't put up a lot of numbers when on the bench but as a starter next season I think he will be good for 10 ppg. Basically fields like number in 2010 except he plays awesome defense

Food for thought: Rumors of Dwight to OKC popping up for Harden, Perkins, Maynor and picks...

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Food for thought: Rumors of Dwight to OKC popping up for Harden, Perkins, Maynor and picks...
    Too many Dwight rumors and that deal makes too much sense for Orlando.

Our boy Brewer

^^ that sig gif of Melo From The playoffs.... Man they were mauling him damn near every possession of every game. Hopefully NY's D can return the favor never season.

Thumbs up

What up!

Well just as I said, the formula is to surround STAT & Melo with the best defenders available.

TC and Shump were fine last year but obviously they wore down with no depth at their positions.

My issues coming into this year were at the 1 & 2. I felt Lin was a question mainly because of his poor defense (not absolutely terrible), and Shump because of his Knee injury (which I know a great deal about).

That issue was exacerbated by Stat & Melo (Mainly Stat's) lack of defense.

Now I look and see

Three new PG's who at the least we know have good (veteran) decision making abilities, maybe not the best D, but no slouches

A lockdown SG

and a viable big back-up whos defensive numbers last year were better than any reserve big we had combined

FIVE GOLDEN RIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGGSSSSS!

....and a partridge in a pear tree.

We all know Woody is about defense and its fair to surround him with the talent he needs to be successful (sound familiar?).

I have absolutely no worries about the offense because our defense will create offense; we have shooters in Melo, Stat, Novak, and JR.

This is an optimal mix considering our cap situation. Time to start carving out roles and get to gellin'

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I dont understand the Chicago Bulls not resigning SG-Ronnie Brewer $4M qualifying offer.
    I can't figure out WTF their FO's doing...
    CHI acquisitions:
    - Marquis Teague (draft)
    - Kirk Hinrich
    - Nazr Mohammed
    - Marco Belinelli
    - Vladimir Radmanovic

CHI losses:
    - Omer Asik
    - John Lucas III
    - Ronnie Brewer
    - CJ Watson
    - Kyle Korver

They let walk some really valuable role players (especially Brewer and Watson) and replaced them with average and below average bench warmers (except Hinrich). It looks like their plan is to tank and rebuild through draft. They don't even have any trade assets (unless they're willing to get rid of Rose/Deng/Booz/Noah).

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    CHI acquisitions:
    - Marquis Teague (draft)
    - Kirk Hinrich
    - Nazr Mohammed
    - Marco Belinelli
    - Vladimir Radmanovic

CHI losses:
    - Omer Asik
    - John Lucas III
    - Ronnie Brewer
    - CJ Watson
    - Kyle Korver

They let walk some really valuable role players (especially Brewer and Watson) and replaced them with average and below average bench warmers (except Hinrich). It looks like their plan is to tank and rebuild through draft. They don't even have any trade assets (unless they're willing to get rid of Rose/Deng/Booz/Noah).
    I don't think their tanking just yet, but i agree they did lose alot of Key players they basically lost their bench Mob and downgraded big time but i like the addition of belinelli but he's not as good of a shooter as korver is.

The bulls defense will be nothing like it was last season i don't even see them as that much of a deep team anymore, i'm sure they'll still make the playoffs though
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 29, 2012 at 10:19.

Veteran

CHI acquisitions:
    - Marquis Teague (draft)
    - Kirk Hinrich
    - Nazr Mohammed
    - Marco Belinelli
    - Vladimir Radmanovic

CHI losses:
    - Omer Asik
    - John Lucas III
    - Ronnie Brewer
    - CJ Watson
    - Kyle Korver

Chicago Bulls had a 50-16 record in a mountain climbing schedual without their MVP player.... they ended the season with a 13-man keeper roster.

Superstar

I love the Brewer pick up. I hope he starts. I think he will produce much better offensively here than he did in Chicago and put up similar numbers to what he did in Utah when he was a starter. Tom Thibodeau is a great coach, but honestly he is an anti-D'Antoni. It is not easy to succeed offensively in his system.

CHI acquisitions:
    - Marquis Teague (draft)
    - Kirk Hinrich
    - Nazr Mohammed
    - Marco Belinelli
    - Vladimir Radmanovic

CHI losses:
    - Omer Asik
    - John Lucas III
    - Ronnie Brewer
    - CJ Watson
    - Kyle Korver

They don't sign Hinrich, if they're tanking. You go pennies on the dollar for young players on their last lifeline....a Gerald Green, a Shawne Williams, a John Lucas.