Thread: Official Strength Training Thread

Hybrid View

Default Official Strength Training Thread

Already the fitness thread is blowing up with strength training-related chatter, so now we will start this thread for the weight lifting, training for strength.

I just got thick-bar adapters to put over my regular bar, this will make the handle over 2" thick, and then my arms and hands will get hyooj. At first, I will need to take down some weight from my sets until the hand and arm strength catches up.

But this thread is about getting strong and helping the Knicks community gain strength.

I can't wait to have my thick bar, I can't wait for my arms and hands to be hyooj. This feels like the first time I found out about squats.

The next level.

Question of the Week 7/26:

If you can only do one lift to help you with basketball, which lift is this?

I gotta say the squat for a weight lift... it activates the quads, hamstring, calves and abs. I guess the jump squat is probably the variation with the most carry over to basketball (I see a lot of ball players do them).

I've seen clips of Kobe squatting with chains, that looks promising too. Squat can never hurt anything! After I started squatting, I was setting monster picks on guys in rec league.

Had the first sesh today with the THICK bar, and I'm blown away. My deadlift went down 50 lbs immediately and I was only able to get one rep up on the final set. Arms are blown.

Squats were tough with the THICK bar too, you don't think the arms and hands work much during the squat, but they do, and it was a challenge to get the sets out.

I'm expecting my hands and forearms to be sore as balls tomorrow, I hope I can write again by Monday!

Great post on thick bar training:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm considering the question of the week and I will go with deadlifts with thick bar, or thick bar adapter. It's your entire back and the grip, the grip and arm strength is the difference between the guys that drive to the hole strong and the guys that have it stripped. With strong arms and grip you get from thick bar training, you can take it inside and give the business!!

And with a strong back, you can't get knocked over or moved out of position easily when boxing out or setting picks!!

The most brilliant strength training video you will ever see in your life!