View Poll Results: Will our defense be enough to quell our lack of a perimeter shooting roster?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Our defense will account for our shooting.

12 40.00%
  • No. We need some more to spread the floor and get buckets.

5 16.67%
  • It will barely be enough.

1 3.33%
  • Unpredictable.

4 13.33%
  • My anus has prolapsed again.

8 26.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So much D, such limited range.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I see Brain fart. Well, I'm about to cliché your pantaloons off, but we're gonna need a good shooting season from every offensive threat. As lava hot as Melo's been, he's defended a lot differently in the NBA, and he plays impeccably well with impeccably good passers.

He's a matchup nightmare in the NBA, but he's a matchup phobia in any FIBA competition.

That game against Nigeria was amazing. Mind blowing. Jizmarrific.
    Maybe you aren't keeping up with team USA so I will just fill you in that MELO is leading the DREAMTEAM in SCORING, AVERAGING over 80% from deep. Be keeping my "pantaloons" on there thanks

Veteran

Just thought I would revisit this thread because even though this season is young, the Knicks are near tops in the league in 3 point % as well as team defense. The Melo-haters favorite phrase "Melo-Iso-ball" hasn't been uttered this season as this team moves the ball around and finds open shots better than any of our teams coached by "Damnphony." And With "Linsanity" gone, turnovers are way down and our KNICKS offense is the most EFFICIENT in the league. Crazy 8's: We love your game threads, but leave the X and O's to more qualified posters.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Just thought I would revisit this thread because even though this season is young, the Knicks are near tops in the league in 3 point % as well as team defense. The Melo-haters favorite phrase "Melo-Iso-ball" hasn't been uttered this season as this team moves the ball around and finds open shots better than any of our teams coached by "Damnphony." And With "Linsanity" gone, turnovers are way down and our KNICKS offense is the most EFFICIENT in the league. Crazy 8's: We love your game threads, but leave the X and O's to more qualified posters.
    Crazy 8 is pretty solid with the X and O's. Don't sleep on him my brother.

Kiyaman, I really see you underrated our defenders.

This is how I rate them:

Chandler - A+
    Brewer - A+
    Shumpert - A
    Kidd - A
    Thomas - A-
    Wallace - B+
    Camby - B+
    Smith - B
    Felton - B-
    Melo - B-
    Prigioni - B-

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard

This is how I rate them:

Chandler - A+
    Brewer - A+
    Shumpert - A
    Kidd - A
    Thomas - A-
    Wallace - B+
    Camby - B+
    Smith - B
    Felton - B-
    Melo - B-
    Prigioni - B-

I don't see how Chandler can be classed as an A+ defender based on his performances with the Knicks. If he is an A+ defensive player then he needs to start demonstrating it otherwise he's just taking the piss. I rate Wallace's contribution to our defence far more than Chandler's. Kidd has been superb, and Anthony/Smith have been outstanding in their selflessness and defensive contribution.

12th man

Originally Posted by TakMan
    I don't see how Chandler can be classed as an A+ defender based on his performances with the Knicks. If he is an A+ defensive player then he needs to start demonstrating it otherwise he's just taking the piss. I rate Wallace's contribution to our defence far more than Chandler's. Kidd has been superb, and Anthony/Smith have been outstanding in their selflessness and defensive contribution.
    Well, 9 games into this season Chandler hasn't been great, but in general he's been an A+ defender most of his career. Check his resume.

Cool

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Not to bash Crazy 8, but yeah we are actually the top 3pt team in attempts and makes.

and actually we are running the Melo-iso (in the post) at twice the rate as last year.

Its quantified, solidified, and indisputable (unless you want to continue to look clueless)

Woody is better than D'Antoni. And I mean that from a "better for NY" stand-point.

We were right. ALmost EVERY single thing some were arguing about (player relations, rotations, quality possessions, post play, defense, etc...)

has come to fruition and is absolutely concluded... They (MDA lovers) didn't and probably still don't know what they were and are talking about. Rewind the tape to coach Woody's takeover, watch and learn.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    Not to bash Crazy 8, but yeah we are actually the top 3pt team in attempts and makes.

and actually we are running the Melo-iso (in the post) at twice the rate as last year.

Its quantified, solidified, and indisputable (unless you want to continue to look clueless)

Woody is better than D'Antoni. And I mean that from a "better for NY" stand-point.

We were right. ALmost EVERY single thing some were arguing about (player relations, rotations, quality possessions, post play, defense, etc...)

has come to fruition and is absolutely concluded... They (MDA lovers) didn't and probably still don't know what they were and are talking about. Rewind the tape to coach Woody's takeover, watch and learn.
    Well let me put it this way RED, Melo-Iso isn't mentioned in the negative, overcritcal, inefficient, unproductive, and down-right haterade way it was in the past. A few of us here never had a problem with Melo-Iso because we know Melo is a top-five scorer in this league. We weren't the ones arguing Lebron james and Melo shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence while I told cats Melo and Bron are 1/1a, even when they were drafted. I just want the "we should have kept Gallo" " we gave up too much for Melo" and "we should have overpaid Jeremy for marketing purposes" to realize they don't know much about basketball. It's sad that our KNICKS were bad for so long that it bred an entire generation of a fanbase that thought jelly eating Steph was what Knicks basketball was all about.

Veteran

This is how I rate them:

Chandler - A+
    Brewer - A+
    Shumpert - A
    Kidd - A
    Thomas - A-
    Wallace - B+
    Camby - B+
    Smith - B
    Felton - B-
    Melo - B-
    Prigioni - B-
    I know Metro I had to give Crazy the business a little I mean look at the thread topic and look how well this team is shooting from deep....He was sleep on MELO and crews' shooting skills...I tried to warn him during the Olympics...One hot shooter can and will open up easy, wide open shots for others making team shooting contagious...

Superstar

This is how I rate them:

Chandler - A+
    Brewer - A+
    Shumpert - A
    Kidd - A
    Thomas - A-
    Wallace - B+
    Camby - B+
    Smith - B
    Felton - B-
    Melo - B-
    Prigioni - B-
    Chandler a+? Have u seen how soft he's been. I'll give him a c at best.

12th man

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    Chandler a+? Have u seen how soft he's been. I'll give him a c at best.
    Overall for his career. A level players can always under preform.

Veteran

Knicks still leading the NBA in 3 point % with ten games left in the season. Like I used to tell "crazy" when he used to post here: stick to game threads as your hoops "IQ" is totally whack.

Veteran

20 made three's last night against the wiz ties franchise record