So much D, such limited range.

Will our defense be enough to quell our lack of a perimeter shooting roster?

• Total voters

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Knicks have to many 3-ball shooters .. u can start with Camby.

The Knicks roster are missing a decent PG defender ..
Shump's healing ACL injury will not be fully ready to defend PG next season.
Felton will be forced to be our PG defender for 2 or 3 quarters per game ..
which is not something Felton has been succesful at doing on his previous
teams....Bobcats/Knicks/Nuggets/or Blazers.

REAL TALK
Tyson & Camby are a B+ defending center
K.Thomas & Stat are a B defending PF with help from Novak
Melo & JR.Smith are a C- defending SF .. need help from Brewer
Brewer is a C+ as our 30 minute defender at SG
Kidd & Felton are a C- defending the leagues quick young PG
:gony:
tumblr_m2os61J9jB1qdn352.gif

KingCharles34

All Star
The Knicks have to many 3-ball shooters .. u can start with Camby.

The Knicks roster are missing a decent PG defender ..
Shump's healing ACL injury will not be fully ready to defend PG next season.
Felton will be forced to be our PG defender for 2 or 3 quarters per game ..
which is not something Felton has been succesful at doing on his previous
teams....Bobcats/Knicks/Nuggets/or Blazers.

REAL TALK
Tyson & Camby are a B+ defending center
K.Thomas & Stat are a B defending PF with help from Novak
Melo & JR.Smith are a C- defending SF .. need help from Brewer
Brewer is a C+ as our 30 minute defender at SG
Kidd & Felton are a C- defending the leagues quick young PG
:gony:

-We have a few players that should be less hesitant to jack up a 3, Camby IS NOT one of them

-Your right about some point guards burning our point guards, which is why against some teams we can have Brewer defend point and slide the PG over to defend the other teams SG

-I agree about Chandler and Camby being B+. Camby was great at everything except low post defense. Chandler is great at that, for Chandler to be an A he just has to keep his cool a little more in my opinion.

-Stat's a B level defender? More like a D level, and Novak wont do sh*t to help. Kurt Thomas is a B level defender, i agree there

-Melo is a C+ defender in my opinion with B potential

-JR Smith is SG, not a SF. And hes about a C on defense

-I give Brewer a B+ defensively from what i have seen of him

-I agree about Kidd and Felton being C- against young athletic point guards, Felton might be a little better then that though

The most inaccurate thing u said was either Camby being a 3 point shooter or Stat being a B level defender.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You were worried about team shooting and MELO is on the TEAM. The SHRUG was a great choice tho:)

I see :lol: Brain fart. Well, I'm about to clich? your pantaloons off, but we're gonna need a good shooting season from every offensive threat. As lava hot as Melo's been, he's defended a lot differently in the NBA, and he plays impeccably well with impeccably good passers.

He's a matchup nightmare in the NBA, but he's a matchup phobia in any FIBA competition.

That game against Nigeria was amazing. Mind blowing. Jizmarrific.

STAT1

Starter
It all boils down to how effective Felton & Kidd will be in orchestrating the offense. If they can effectively get into the lane & draw defenders to them for dish offs in the screen & roll, then the lack of perimeter shooters will not be as much of a factor. But if they're unable to get consistent penetration into the lane, & the Knicks' offense becomes stagnant with guys standing around & centered around Melo-Isolations, then it becomes a bigger issue.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;246079 said:
I see :lol: Brain fart. Well, I'm about to clich? your pantaloons off, but we're gonna need a good shooting season from every offensive threat. As lava hot as Melo's been, he's defended a lot differently in the NBA, and he plays impeccably well with impeccably good passers.

He's a matchup nightmare in the NBA, but he's a matchup phobia in any FIBA competition.

That game against Nigeria was amazing. Mind blowing. Jizmarrific.

Maybe you aren't keeping up with team USA so I will just fill you in that MELO is leading the DREAMTEAM in SCORING, AVERAGING over 80% from deep. Be keeping my "pantaloons" on there thanks:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Just thought I would revisit this thread because even though this season is young, the Knicks are near tops in the league in 3 point % as well as team defense. The Melo-haters favorite phrase "Melo-Iso-ball" hasn't been uttered this season as this team moves the ball around and finds open shots better than any of our teams coached by "Damnphony." And With "Linsanity" gone, turnovers are way down and our KNICKS offense is the most EFFICIENT in the league. Crazy 8's: We love your game threads, but leave the X and O's to more qualified posters.

metrocard

Legend
Just thought I would revisit this thread because even though this season is young, the Knicks are near tops in the league in 3 point % as well as team defense. The Melo-haters favorite phrase "Melo-Iso-ball" hasn't been uttered this season as this team moves the ball around and finds open shots better than any of our teams coached by "Damnphony." And With "Linsanity" gone, turnovers are way down and our KNICKS offense is the most EFFICIENT in the league. Crazy 8's: We love your game threads, but leave the X and O's to more qualified posters.

Crazy 8 is pretty solid with the X and O's. Don't sleep on him my brother.

Kiyaman, I really see you underrated our defenders.

This is how I rate them:

Chandler - A+
Brewer - A+
Shumpert - A
Kidd - A
Thomas - A-
Wallace - B+
Camby - B+
Smith - B
Felton - B-
Melo - B-
Prigioni - B-

TakMan

Rotation player

This is how I rate them:

Chandler - A+
Brewer - A+
Shumpert - A
Kidd - A
Thomas - A-
Wallace - B+
Camby - B+
Smith - B
Felton - B-
Melo - B-
Prigioni - B-

I don't see how Chandler can be classed as an A+ defender based on his performances with the Knicks. If he is an A+ defensive player then he needs to start demonstrating it otherwise he's just taking the piss. I rate Wallace's contribution to our defence far more than Chandler's. Kidd has been superb, and Anthony/Smith have been outstanding in their selflessness and defensive contribution.

metrocard

Legend
I don't see how Chandler can be classed as an A+ defender based on his performances with the Knicks. If he is an A+ defensive player then he needs to start demonstrating it otherwise he's just taking the piss. I rate Wallace's contribution to our defence far more than Chandler's. Kidd has been superb, and Anthony/Smith have been outstanding in their selflessness and defensive contribution.

Well, 9 games into this season Chandler hasn't been great, but in general he's been an A+ defender most of his career. Check his resume.

Red

TYPE-A

Not to bash Crazy 8, but yeah we are actually the top 3pt team in attempts and makes.

and actually we are running the Melo-iso (in the post) at twice the rate as last year.

Its quantified, solidified, and indisputable (unless you want to continue to look clueless)

Woody is better than D'Antoni. And I mean that from a "better for NY" stand-point.

We were right. ALmost EVERY single thing some were arguing about (player relations, rotations, quality possessions, post play, defense, etc...)

has come to fruition and is absolutely concluded... They (MDA lovers) didn't and probably still don't know what they were and are talking about. Rewind the tape to coach Woody's takeover, watch and learn.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Not to bash Crazy 8, but yeah we are actually the top 3pt team in attempts and makes.

and actually we are running the Melo-iso (in the post) at twice the rate as last year.

Its quantified, solidified, and indisputable (unless you want to continue to look clueless)

Woody is better than D'Antoni. And I mean that from a "better for NY" stand-point.

We were right. ALmost EVERY single thing some were arguing about (player relations, rotations, quality possessions, post play, defense, etc...)

has come to fruition and is absolutely concluded... They (MDA lovers) didn't and probably still don't know what they were and are talking about. Rewind the tape to coach Woody's takeover, watch and learn.

Well let me put it this way RED, Melo-Iso isn't mentioned in the negative, overcritcal, inefficient, unproductive, and down-right haterade way it was in the past. A few of us here never had a problem with Melo-Iso because we know Melo is a top-five scorer in this league. We weren't the ones arguing Lebron james and Melo shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence while I told cats Melo and Bron are 1/1a, even when they were drafted. I just want the "we should have kept Gallo" " we gave up too much for Melo" and "we should have overpaid Jeremy for marketing purposes" to realize they don't know much about basketball. It's sad that our KNICKS were bad for so long that it bred an entire generation of a fanbase that thought jelly eating Steph was what Knicks basketball was all about.

jimkcchief88

All Star

This is how I rate them:

Chandler - A+
Brewer - A+
Shumpert - A
Kidd - A
Thomas - A-
Wallace - B+
Camby - B+
Smith - B
Felton - B-
Melo - B-
Prigioni - B-

I know Metro I had to give Crazy the business a little:) I mean look at the thread topic and look how well this team is shooting from deep....He was sleep on MELO and crews' shooting skills...I tried to warn him during the Olympics...One hot shooter can and will open up easy, wide open shots for others making team shooting contagious...

knicksince 93

Rotation player

This is how I rate them:

Chandler - A+
Brewer - A+
Shumpert - A
Kidd - A
Thomas - A-
Wallace - B+
Camby - B+
Smith - B
Felton - B-
Melo - B-
Prigioni - B-

Chandler a+? Have u seen how soft he's been. I'll give him a c at best.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Knicks still leading the NBA in 3 point % with ten games left in the season. Like I used to tell "crazy" when he used to post here: stick to game threads as your hoops "IQ" is totally whack. :)