Who do you think will be our toughest opponent next season?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't know about toughest, these teams the Knicks I think will have to prepare for the most:

Lakers - With the addition of the best passer in the league, and a legendary all-around shooter, they have arguably the best backcourt in the league, if I was guessing, they will be. They also have a very, very tough front-court in Bynum and Gasol, at least when they're on, which they weren't against the Thunder in the Playoffs this year. We took care of a lot of that with the addition to our team with Chandler, and now we're ready for the set-ups with Nash with the addition of Camby, Kurt Thomas, and Kidd. Shumpert will also be big when he returns.

Heat - Ray Allen may not be playing at a superstar level anymore, but on this team, I wouldn't be surprised if he has an impact of one. Battier and Miller got hot in the Finals, Ray Allen being hot is the norm. Who knows how Wade will play in the regular and post-season next year. On the decline or will he be back to being a superstar?

Those might be the two toughest. The Thunder has given us problems the last few seasons, but now we have a lot of defense and instead of D'Antoni we have Woodson.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Miami for sure.

Our D is much improved and will be tested w the fire power they have both in starting 5 and bench.

With our lack of shooting they will put a lot of pressure on us.

In the matchups it will be key that Stat hits his mid range jumpers plus Shump Felton need to knock down 3's with regularity in those matchps which will open things up for Melo to go one on one.

OKC will present the most challeng to our Defense.

All five of our players are going to need to play solid D against their starting 5

KingCharles34

All Star
Miami but I wonder if we can be better then Bumston...while i do think they did a nice job of filling out their roster I do still see some problems. What stands out to me is...

Paul Pierce had probably his worst playoff run ever last year. There was talk about him being hurt and he did have tough matchups in all 3 rounds, but anytime a player is 34 or 35 u gotta bring up age.

Garnett played great last year and in the playoffs until the last 2 games. But what does he have left at this point? I think once your over 35 theres a chance of a significant drop off in production with every new season

Can their forwards and centers hold it down for them?

Solid, but im not too impressed

Garnett
Bass
Wilcox
Fab Melo
Jason (or the other) Collins
Sullinger

I like what we have more

Chandler
Stat
Camby
Kurt Thomas

I was too quick to say the Oldtics would be better then us, now that i have rethought this who knows. But i cant rule us or them out, One thing i do know is Miami will have the best record in the East.

At least we dont have to worry about the Bulls

Paul1355

All Star
not even close, its Miami

if lakers got dwight then they would still be 2nd

Miami has the defense and the 3 point shooting to worry about, plus all the star power and hopefully with less flopping we can get some revenge

No more of Lebron James crying from a Tyson Chandler pick, and then getting back up quickly to sink the free throws as if nothing happened

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Don't mean to sound like a complete clich? cornball, but our toughest opponent next season is gonna be ourselves. I think we have the pieces to make some serious noise.

It's gonna have to be a collective effort, with no personal goals in mind for any one individual.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Crazy⑧s;245678 said:
Don't mean to sound like a complete clich? cornball, but our toughest opponent next season is gonna be ourselves. I think we have the pieces to make some serious noise.

It's gonna have to be a collective effort, with no personal goals in mind for any one individual.

This. We have soooo many question marks within our team, as it is.

Can Melo and Amar'e finally establish a good 2-man game?

Is Camby, Kidd, and Thomas too old to truly help us contend in the playoffs?

Can Woody prove he can create a non-ISO typ of offensive scheme?

Can JR Smith finally stop chucking up terrible shots and play team-ball consistently?

How will Felton bounce off of his worst regular season?

How will Amar'e bounce off of his worst regular season?

There are much, much more questions than the ones I posted above, but you get the idea. IMO, training camp will be the most vital part of the whole season.

I honestly think we could beat Boston this year. We were 2-2 against them last year (The 2 games we lost, we blew big leads). I don't think Boston got tremendously better for them to be a 2 seed. Although KG & Pierce is still great players, they are aging despite putting up great numbers last year.
I don't think Boston will be a 2 seed, but that's just me.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Houston will be a problem because we know what J-Lin can do against Superstar Teams. J-Lin will be motivated to come in, drop the buckets, like Jordan used to light up the Garden.

Heat are tough because of LeBron, they're going to run through us. Maybe we win 1 game in the season from them, Ray Allen will drop the trey buckets, shoring up a weakness.

You got the NETS, that's the rivalry there, EVERY GAME WILL BE INTENSE AND CLOSE!!!

tiger0330

Legend
I wouldn't be worrying about any WC teams. Like Clyde said about paying tax on Lin "Worry about later, later". Let's beat the EC teams like Miami, Boston, Chi and even the Nyets and get out of the second round before thinking about the Fakers.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Bucks/Cavs--- we struggle against them all the time for some reason

Heat--- The obvious choice, we will be tested early in the season when we face them NOV 2nd.

KingCharles34

All Star
Crazy⑧s;245678 said:

I like this answer right here, this team definitely is loaded. I think the Celtics and Heat have set the format for what it takes, its really about how bad everybody on the team wants it. Several players are talkin the talk, but talk is cheap. I wanna see them walk the walk

p0nder

Starter
BOBCATS/HORNETS/CAVS

Any garbage team that the knicks don't bring their A-game... happens all the time. Melo is particularly prone to having an off night if he doesn't feel like it's a "big game".

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The refs anytime we play Miami we start strong and then they gift Miami 20 fts in a quarter. Lebron makes jared jeffries look like a brick wall.
Maybe we need the Lerbon stare down :lol:

9wi1vz.gif

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Houston will be a problem because we know what J-Lin can do against Superstar Teams. J-Lin will be motivated to come in, drop the buckets, like Jordan used to light up the Garden.

Heat are tough because of LeBron, they're going to run through us. Maybe we win 1 game in the season from them, Ray Allen will drop the trey buckets, shoring up a weakness.

You got the NETS, that's the rivalry there, EVERY GAME WILL BE INTENSE AND CLOSE!!!

Did you just compare Lin to Jordan? And by superstar teams, you mean the Heat? Or the Celtics?

More importantly, how much is Lin charging you to be his personal boy toy?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I like this answer right here, this team definitely is loaded. I think the Celtics and Heat have set the format for what it takes, its really about how bad everybody on the team wants it. Several players are talkin the talk, but talk is cheap. I wanna see them walk the walk

And that right there is precisely how it is.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Did you just compare Lin to Jordan? And by superstar teams, you mean the Heat? Or the Celtics?

More importantly, how much is Lin charging you to be his personal boy toy?

Comparing Lin to Jordan is not any crazier than comparing Melo to Chuck Barkley.

And by superstar teams I mean the LAKERS!, do you remember Lin dropping mad buckets on Kobe?

Houston will be one of the toughest games for us next season, Book It.