Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Getting excited for the quarterfinals. Should be an easy win for the USA but I'm still hoping my country can be competitive.

Originally Posted by Sage
    Getting excited for the quarterfinals. Should be an easy win for the USA but I'm still hoping my country can be competitive.
    Yeah not a fan of Millsy talking up about how we dont fear USA.

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Yeah love Joe Ingles. He is a South Aussie like me.
    As am I!.......

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    As am I!.......
    no ****? where abouts

We need to get Delfino on Vet Min i know thats highly unlikey but dude is lights out from downtown he would fit like a glove on this team & help our floor spacing.

J.Kidd
    Jr
    Delfino
    Novak
    Camby

Melo is on Fire atm...

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    Melo is on Fire atm...
    lmao you saw that too, MELO straight abusing them from downtown i think he launched from almost half court too lmao & he racked up some assits as well. smh @ the MElo Haters!! step into the light this man Carmelo is the Truth.

He's been amazing so far.. I just hope he doesnt wear himself out..
    at least he'll have a good 6-7 weeks to recover before training starts.

My only concern of his game right now is his defense. In the games I've watched he's had a little bit of trouble staying in front of his man and gets bullied easily. Not sure if it's because he doesn't want to risk injury or if he's just slow.

His scoring has never been an issue and his rebounding and assists are better too but I still feel like he needs to work on it.

Other than that, I feel he's been a dominant presence on the ball. Coming off the bench and pulling off ridiculous offensive numbers like that is insane.

Congrats to Team USA for winning the gold medals
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Aug 12, 2012 at 13:14.

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    My only concern of his game right now is his defense. In the games I've watched he's had a little bit of trouble staying in front of his man and gets bullied easily. Not sure if it's because he doesn't want to risk injury or if he's just slow.

His scoring has never been an issue and his rebounding and assists are better too but I still feel like he needs to work on it.

Other than that, I feel he's been a dominant presence on the ball. Coming off the bench and pulling off ridiculous offensive numbers like that is insane.
    You should of also noticed him guarding the other teams center most of the time

Great Olympics, I was shocked when I saw the closing ceremony, thought we had a few more weeks to go LOL.

Congrats TEAM USA!!! But you'll never touch Dream Team!!!

Veteran

Congrats to Team USA Bball. Now we need to fix men's sprinting, Bolt is a freak but why does the US not have the 2nd and 3rd fastest man in the world.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Congrats to Team USA Bball. Now we need to fix men's sprinting, Bolt is a freak but why does the US not have the 2nd and 3rd fastest man in the world.
    In order to do that, we need to cheat like the Jamaicans. 2 of their top 3 were caught doping back in 2009. Bolt's trainer is Angel Heredia, Angel Hernandez, the chemist at BALCO Labs. The PEDS were cycled out of their system long before the competitions, thus not able to hammer these guys. I bet a lot Bolt's cash gets mixed up in this stuff. For someone to be able to strut the last 20 of a 100 or the last 50 of a 200, is just crazy. Even look at the Chinese woman in the 400 IM...actually girl, she's 16, she beats Lochte's last 25 free time on the same race.......the girl might not know, she's being fed PED's....she notices changes, deeper voice....coaches just tell her it's puberty.......

Veteran

I don’t think it’s wise to speculate on anyone’s performance. If they can prove drugs were used I’m sure they will do everything in their power to do just that. If they can’t prove drugs were involved than it shouldn’t be mentioned because that sought of conjecture will only create resentment. That said, Bolt is a fast mofo and a pleasure to watch. I appreciate his athleticism simply because I know it takes a lot of commitment and sacrifice to be that good. Until doping is proven I’ll disregard the slander and give him the props he rightly deserves and earned. The risks of premature judgment will have you looking envious…especially when the facts on the matter have yet to be displayed.